Airaid intake review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 4 Post By shmiddy
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Airaid intake review in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; This morning i was ambitious for a sunday morning and decided to install my new Airaid intake for my 08 ...
    shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

Thumbs up Airaid intake review

This morning i was ambitious for a sunday morning and decided to install my new Airaid intake for my 08 CTS DI

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Install:
    Everything was very straight forward and the instructions that came with it were clear. Only part i didnt like is that you needed a 1/4" tap to thread a hole you needed for the bottom off the heat sheild. I managed by using one of the torx head screwed from the old intake box and cheated with that.

Design
    I like the look of it, very clean looking, but i personally like the black plain look. It had some really nice small touches. Good attention to detail. Such as it came with 2 zip ties that hook on to your fram to hold your washer fluid hose out of the way. Couple of hose clamps and small notches in the heat sheild to let existing cables and tubes flow normally.
    I do like the fact that you use the existing MAF sensor and youre not screwing with pulling it out and sliding it into the intake.

Performance
    Well i have to say i am very happy. It sounds AMAZING, way throatier, deeper, meaner. You can sometimes notice a small whistle but not always and either way it doesnt bother me. I do have the Black Iceolator Phenolic spacer installed so the two new items combine may be why i noticed a significant power difference.
    I have read here that it takes a couple weeks of driving for teh car to get used to the new equipment and apparently will perform even better then. If it does or does not wont make a difference to me because i am very happy.|
    I will report on it in a couple weeks though if i think it did.

Now im going back outside to paint my calipers and rotors
    heat361, heat361, k44rljpl and 1 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

General Croc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI

Re: Airaid intake review

Thanks for the write-up. Where did you buy it and how much if you don't mind me asking?

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

I bought it off Autoanything.com with a set of new redstuff brake pads for the rest of the car.
    Intake was just under 300 with free shipping from autoanything.

Brap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium

Nice write up. did the same on my 2010 3.6 AWD. got hung up a bit since I did not have the shock tower covers (discontimued after 2009) but I ended up purechasing them for <$100. Now the underhood looks real clean. Like the sound from the new intake and on average highway speed of 73, got 27.9 mpg. Also got their intake throttle body spacer. Taking a trip tomorrow to see ho / if that affects better mileage. All in all a very nice product and they are extremely helpful over the phnoe. Ask for Mark.

ivelzen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cts

Does this fit on the non DI engine?

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Yes it does fit the non DI engine, installed on my 08 non DI and it fit perfect. I went with the dry filter, didn't want any chance of oil in MAF sensor.Not really very much power gain but a 3.5 MPG fuel increase.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    I'm glad to hear of the mileage increase... That's pretty good... The only thing I don't like is the numerous screw heads showing in the boxes top cover.. it doesn't blend well with the surrounding inside trim as does the plain top of the D3 ones I have seen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.