Best first mod for 3.0? Will the injen fit the 3.0?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Best first mod for 3.0? Will the injen fit the 3.0? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I saw the thread about the Injen intake Does anyone know if it will fit the 3.0? Can be seen ...
    jdog4545 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts sedan

Best first mod for 3.0? Will the injen fit the 3.0?

I saw the thread about the Injen intake Does anyone know if it will fit the 3.0?

Can be seen here http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/pf7042.html

What is the best first and probably only planned performance mod for the money for the 3.0?

A cai if so which one?

I like the Trifecta Tune but im not sure if its really for stock engines? Plus I need to go in for my free scheduled oil changes so that's out of the picture for me. Since I think it costs a fee to rent the tuner to flash the car back to stock before every time I go in. It would add up for me personally I would if I could afford it. Also for warranty, wish I could though. I would imagine even with a cai I would have to swap it out before a scheduled oil change dealer visit for warranty reasons.

Have I been wasting my money on premium gas or does the stock engine create more hp or torque with premium?

Will my engine really have increased power if I follow the recommended break in for 1500miles as opposed to 350mile where I am currently at?

Sorry for being suck a noob This is really multiple questions didn't want to make multiple posts and clutter up the forum. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Re: Best first mod for 3.0? Will the injen fit the 3.0?

Ok, honestly, I'm not much of an expert on the 3.0, since like a lot of us here, I have the 3.6 instead....

I can answer some of your questions though.

1. Trifecta's tune is fine for stock engines, as long as yours is one they support. They just optimize the engine's tune (and for automatic transmission owners, the transmission control module's shift points, which probably gives more of a noticeable improvement than anything else). If you *do* have mods done, you simply tell them what they are and they design the tune to incorporate them.
    2. A CAI shouldn't have any effect on your warranty. I mean, technically, a dealership can find a million reasons to try to invalidate a warranty claim. Depending on what you brought your car in for, they could probably come up with some theory on how your CAI led to the problem. But in practice, 99% of them won't do such nonsense. As long as the intake actually has a filter in it and isn't just letting dirt and grime into the engine, I don't think they're normally going to pay any real attention to it. (Exception to this is one that uses the type of filters that require oil, like K&N's. With those, you need to make sure they don't have too much oil on them, or some of the oil can gunk up the mass airflow sensor and cause trouble -- and that WILL be your problem if a dealer is asked to fix it.)
    3. Premium gas is a waste of money on the CTS (3.0 or 3.6) unless you have a Trifecta or other such custom tune that reprograms the car to run more timing advance, so it can make use of premium.
    4. Engine break-in theories vary, but a lot of people who seem to know what they're talking about say the best thing for a brand new engine is to drive it hard for the critical first 50-100 miles or so, so the piston rings seat themselves really well. (After that, kind of a "glaze" forms in the cylinder walls preventing them from seating any better than where they're at.) Yeah, that's NOT what's in the owners' manuals, but it seems to help reduce problems down the road with engines using oil. Other than that, just do your initial oil change fairly early so you get any contaminants or little metal shavings from the break-in process out of the oil and engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jdog4545 View Post
    I saw the thread about the Injen intake Does anyone know if it will fit the 3.0?

Can be seen here http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/pf7042.html

What is the best first and probably only planned performance mod for the money for the 3.0?

A cai if so which one?

I like the Trifecta Tune but im not sure if its really for stock engines? Plus I need to go in for my free scheduled oil changes so that's out of the picture for me. Since I think it costs a fee to rent the tuner to flash the car back to stock before every time I go in. It would add up for me personally I would if I could afford it. Also for warranty, wish I could though. I would imagine even with a cai I would have to swap it out before a scheduled oil change dealer visit for warranty reasons.

Have I been wasting my money on premium gas or does the stock engine create more hp or torque with premium?

Will my engine really have increased power if I follow the recommended break in for 1500miles as opposed to 350mile where I am currently at?

Sorry for being suck a noob This is really multiple questions didn't want to make multiple posts and clutter up the forum. Thanks

russell19709 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.0L Luxury

Im looking at the AirRaid, it is specifily designed for the 3.0L. I just got my 1st cady CTS 3.0 and looing into slight improvments.
    http://www.carid.com/2010-cadillac-cts-air-intakes/

do the chips work at all, all my research is saying they are junk. (jumper chip for o2 sensor)???

thank you

Check out the kpe it is identical to the air raid from what I have read and less expensive . They are a site sponser. I will post a link later. I am on my phone. Also the trifecta is supposed to really work there is a user thread about it on this forum. Just looked on this thread had not checked it in a wile.

Thank you will do this weekend

Here is the link http://www.kpe-products.com/cart/ind...&sortorder=ASC.

You know what it might be the same price as the site you found it on. Its only cheaper compared to the air raid sites price.

this looks great and the price is right. Thank you. Do you have this installed? If so do you feel a difference? I checked YouTube and it seem to make the car sound better but what about performance?

I checked out both sites and read several reviews and you tube videos. Both seemed to have little difference and price was the same. In the end I chose the air raid cold air intake simply because I was able to choose a dry filter when I ordered. The kpe I think comes with a oiled filter. I could not find a dry filter on there site. Ill post on the install, sound, and performance in case anyone is interested.

I am very happy with this mod for 300$. I went with the air raid cold. Intake. The parts are high quality. The copy if directions were bad. The exploded view was almost to light to read and the photos to dark to see details. I figured the assembly out.
    In the end my CTS GROWLS. I love it. Also I feel a quicker response at the throttle. Don't know about HP gains as I didn't and won't dyno the car. Gas millage seems the same. Ill know for sure on a 300 mile round trip soon. As long as I keep off of the gas and use my cruise control. I just love the growl.
    Ill check back in on the gas millage june ish.

mkhalil28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Sport Sedan 3.0L

What model number did you get because all the ones I found say they only fit the CTS-V :/

Also, when I get my CTS into high RPMS it makes wierd noises at times. I put a video up on youtube, if you could check it out and tell me if your CTS makes the same noise. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...KzuHpBBg#t=10s

dean09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhalil28
    What model number did you get because all the ones I found say they only fit the CTS-V :/

Also, when I get my CTS into high RPMS it makes wierd noises at times. I put a video up on youtube, if you could check it out and tell me if your CTS makes the same noise. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...KzuHpBBg#t=10s
    My 2012 CTS Sportwagon does not make those sounds at any RPM. You might want to get yours checked

I got the air raid 251-255. Cts 3.0 version.
    So far I am very happy with it. Sounds great. Seems more responsive. Gas mileage doesn't seem effected. I'm still in the high 23s and low 24s. Mpg.

I did have to drill a hole thru the aluminium brace to match up with the mounting hole in my car. I would rather dill that than my car.

Ill check out your video. But excessive high rpms is probably not good. I rarely go over 4200rpm.

----------

I got the air raid 251-255. Cts 3.0 version.
    So far I am very happy with it. Sounds great. Seems more responsive. Gas mileage doesn't seem effected. I'm still in the high 23s and low 24s. Mpg.

I did have to drill a hole thru the aluminium brace to match up with the mounting hole in my car. I would rather dill that than my car.

Ill check out your video. But excessive high rpms is probably not good. I rarely go over 4200rpm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.