Lock pick for CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Lock pick for CTS in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Is there a lock pic mod for the nav display. This enables the nav unit to be programmed while driving ...
    zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Lock pick for CTS

Is there a lock pic mod for the nav display. This enables the nav unit to be programmed while driving and be able to watch a DVD while going down the road. Is there one for the CTS? I know there is one for the STS.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by zek4964
    Is there a lock pic mod for the nav display. This enables the nav unit to be programmed while driving and be able to watch a DVD while going down the road. Is there one for the CTS? I know there is one for the STS.
    I believe there is one. I saw a video on YouTube showing the instal.

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Re: Lock pick for CTS

Yes, you can use the one made by PAC:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=34

The "lockpick" branded one in some of those older YouTube videos is no longer in production, though.

Quote Originally Posted by zek4964 View Post

The Pac does not say it unlocks the DVD feature just blue tooth and NAV.

Rdecrane5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe RWD
    PAC unlocks the DVD also.

larryb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS wagon

Yes looks like it will unlock nav. I am interested in this product as well. However the install looks like it used a switch which is not used for heated steering wheel, I emailed them if this module can still be installed, waiting to hear back. I haven't found any other modules that will work with late model cts 2011-12

It would be nice to hear from you when you do here back from them on that issue.

Yes they say unlocks everything that "locks' when car put in drive, so yes should unlock dvd, sound like install on 2011 would be similar to the Vs using mirrow switch, just waiting for last confirmation and I will order NU-CTS2, also looking for input on how hard to install this..

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

I can confirm this for you. I have a 2011 and installed the NU-CTS2 already. This is exactly how it works ... You press the "up arrow" on the mirror directional adjustment twice (once to activate the feature and the second time to acknowledge it when the DIC displays a message asking you to confirm it). The install was pretty straightforward. I didn't have to change any of the default DIP switches found on the box itself. They shipped it properly configured for me. The only problem I had was prying the wood trim pieces off that must be removed to get the stereo out of the dash. At least on my car, those suckers were on TIGHT and even with a couple of trim tools, I managed to gouge a chip out of the corner of the piece on the driver's side of the shifter.

Quote Originally Posted by larryb View Post
    Yes they say unlocks everything that "locks' when car put in drive, so yes should unlock dvd, sound like install on 2011 would be similar to the Vs using mirrow switch, just waiting for last confirmation and I will order NU-CTS2, also looking for input on how hard to install this..

Could U give more info on install or where U found instructions on how to remove radio?

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2

Quote Originally Posted by larryb View Post
    Could U give more info on install or where U found instructions on how to remove radio?
    Seems pretty straight forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe1P2wNdBQM

great thanks, looks easy , let U know how it works

just installed and was straighforward, careful with trim but used plastic trim tool and worked fine, unlock works great using mirrow button, took a bit to get both mirror lights off though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.