is the 3.6 LYT similar to the Aussie Alloytec 3.6L?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, is the 3.6 LYT similar to the Aussie Alloytec 3.6L? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I recently purchased the plenum spacer from badnewsracing. It doesnt work on the NON-DI as the fuel rail goes down ...
    bojangle is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts

is the 3.6 LYT similar to the Aussie Alloytec 3.6L?

I recently purchased the plenum spacer from badnewsracing. It doesnt work on the NON-DI as the fuel rail goes down the middle of the plenum ports and the ports are different shaped. I did a little research and found on the G6 forums the GTP G6's have the 3.6 LYT as well. They were talking about a spacer that would work from the Aussie Alloytec 3.6:
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...=plenum+spacer
    anyone know if this is true and some parts are similar? as always thanks for any help guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grsychckn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L 6-Speed

Re: is the 3.6 LYT similar to the Aussie Alloytec 3.6L?

My understanding after having researched it a bit is that they are the same and the Mace Engineering product is the only spacer that will work with the non-DI LY7 V6 on the CTS. I actually browsed around on a G8 forum to figure this out as they share the same LY7 as the CTS from what I understand. Do your own research but I think I may purchase from them anyway as it will take a while to ship and I'm a bit impatient. If I do purchase them from Mace I'll try to update this thread when I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by grsychckn View Post
    My understanding after having researched it a bit is that they are the same and the Mace Engineering product is the only spacer that will work with the non-DI LY7 V6 on the CTS. I actually browsed around on a G8 forum to figure this out as they share the same LY7 as the CTS from what I understand. Do your own research

Do my own research? I did that's how I found that link.

I just purchased a pair from Mace. I will probably take a few weeks to get to me but I'll update with info when I get them.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bojangle View Post
    Do my own research? I did that's how I found that link.
    Yeah, I just don't want you to yell at me if you order and they don't fit. But like I posted above, I order them so if you want to wait, I'll try to install them when I get them and post some pictures. I don't have access to a dyno so I won't be writing a review, just the installation.

Over the weekend I got the mace engineering spacer in the mail. I haven't opened it yet but do expect to have it installed sometime this coming weekend. Expect pictures.

Wanted to update with a link to the thread where I install the Mace kit: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2934241

way cool thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.