toyo proxes 4 tires?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, toyo proxes 4 tires? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey guys. I'm just buying new times and tires for my 2011 CTS coupe. I love the car and I ...
    Jagillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe

toyo proxes 4 tires?

Hey guys. I'm just buying new times and tires for my 2011 CTS coupe. I love the car and I don't want to put tires on that will ruin its handling or ride in any way. I am currently leaning towards a set of toyo proxes 4. I wanted to see if anyone has them or have any opinions and experience with them. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

No one has any experience with these tires?

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

Re: toyo proxes 4 tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagillac View Post
    Hey guys. I'm just buying new times and tires for my 2011 CTS coupe. I love the car and I don't want to put tires on that will ruin its handling or ride in any way. I am currently leaning towards a set of toyo proxes 4. I wanted to see if anyone has them or have any opinions and experience with them. thanks
    When my 07 SRX was new and I put 20" aftermarket wheels and tires the first set was 255/45/20 Toyo Proxes 4. I only had them a short time because I changed them to 255/50/20 Toyo ST2's, I wanted the same aspect ratio as the factory puts on the 20" package and the Proxes 4 did not come in that size. But in the few weeks the Proxes were on the vehicle they were a great tire, big improvement from the Goodyear OEM's.
    For my 2012 Premium Sportwagon with the 19" wheels I was thinking about putting 20" on it and using 245/40/20 Proxes, but I'm sticking with optional 19" I have on there now but swapping them out for a set of Detroit Wheel and Tires 19" OEM's that have the PVD chrome finish.
    Sorry I could not give you a long use report, but for what it's worth the Toyo ST2's on my SRX were some of the best tires I have had, put 75,000 on them before changing them to Yokohama Parada Spec-X tires.

Tom

eborunda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I have them on my CTS, good grip in dry tarmac, bad on the wet, but most of all i did not like the sidewalls they are way to soft and makes the car wonble at high speed cornering. U r better off on a set of NITTO INVO or the ne MOTIVO ( i think thats the name )

Quote Originally Posted by eborunda
    I have them on my CTS, good grip in dry tarmac, bad on the wet, but most of all i did not like the sidewalls they are way to soft and makes the car wonble at high speed cornering. U r better off on a set of NITTO INVO or the ne MOTIVO ( i think thats the name )
    truthfully I wanted the invo but they don't come in the 295/30/20 I would need. I could go with the285/30/20 but I'm not sure if that's a better to go with 285 or 295. also I'm being told that I may not need as serious of a tire as the invo and would be better off with an all season like the the poxes 4. if I do go down to the 285 I am also in the market for the falken fk-452. any thoughts?

TheShadow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS Black Raven/Ebony 3.6DI FE2 6-speed manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagillac
    Jagillac, can't talk about the 4s but I've got a set of Proxes T1 Sports in 245/40 19 which I've been really happy with and would recommend...

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow

Jagillac, can't talk about the 4s but I've got a set of Proxes T1 Sports in 245/40 19 which I've been really happy with and would recommend...
    thanks. I just looked and they do have 285/30/20. I am going to check out prices in the next couple days and hopefully make a choice by Monday. I really want to get my summer wheels and tires.

eborunda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagillac

thanks. I just looked and they do have 285/30/20. I am going to check out prices in the next couple days and hopefully make a choice by Monday. I really want to get my summer wheels and tires.
    Those are way better than the 4s i had them on my last car, the only thing was that they wear out faster than other brands but overall great tire

Quote Originally Posted by eborunda

Those are way better than the 4s i had them on my last car, the only thing was that they wear out faster than other brands but overall great tire
    I ended up going with the nitto invo's my friend gave me an overall package price that I could say no to when comparing them to the price with the proxes. It was just $100 more. Slightly narrower but will look amazing. Now to wait two weeks haha :-P that's the hardest part.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Plaid tires. lol...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.