Best Cold Air Intake to put on my new CTS Coupe? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Best Cold Air Intake to put on my new CTS Coupe? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I've asked this before but got few and mixed answers so I'll ask it here. Does a cold air intake ...
    tnsong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Tri Coat CTS DI AWD
    I've asked this before but got few and mixed answers so I'll ask it here. Does a cold air intake void your warranty? I had my salesman tell me I'd did. My 09 CTS DI AWD needs a boost but it's certified so I still have a couple years bumper to bumper left and don't want to give that up just yet .

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Re: Best Cold Air Intake to put on my new CTS Coupe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryantc911 View Post
    Would the snorkel being placed in the grill area be more beneficial for someone who is traveling at high speeds on the high way alot compared to the others?
    That is my understanding. You want the coolest air possible going to an internal combustion engine. I bought a cowl induction hood for my Chevelle for this very reason as the air cleaner is ducted to the cooler air outside of the engine bay. On a 30 degree day, it runs noticably faster once you get it properly warmed up. Back to the Volant, I would think the faster you are moving, the more air is pushed into that snorkel eventhough it is a pretty small opening to be considered forced induction but it should make breathing easier. The Vararam for the G8 has a wider opening and has a straight path to the intake and it seems that one might actually offer some ram effect as speed increases.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    As long as you are not installing a tune, you WILL NOT void the warranty. The Mangneson-Fergeson (sp?) act requires that the manufacturer has to prove that the aftermarket part has caused the failure.

If you aren't modifying the MAF sensor, all you're doing is using a different filter. Not if you have a MAF sensor failure and the dealer can prove that it was damaged by oil from a CAI (like oil from a K&N filter), they can only deny coverage on that part. They can't deny coverage for an unrelated repair.

I have a K&N cold air intake on our Mustang that is still under an extended warranty. The dealer has not given me any issues on it.

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    Even if you install a tune, you can just flash it back to stock for dealer visits.

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Yep. I do that with our Mustang. You jest need to make sure you're using a CAI that doesn't require a tune, otherwise when you flas it back, you'll set off a check engine light.

bodam is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

So is there a CAI for the 2012 CTS Coupe yet? Been searching, but haven't been able to find anything yet

Anyone? I've e-mailed Volant and AirRaid, and no response yet

Here is the e-mail response I got from Airaid:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have anything available or in development for the 2012 3.6L CTS however it is something that we are looking at doing. Sorry we could not be more help with your request at this time and please let me know if you have any additional questions in the meantime."

cracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Black Diamond V Coupe

I have been hearing great things about the airaid intake system. Also known as KPE intake. I may be making the investment shortly.

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Recently installed A Airaid CAI on my 08 non Di. On a 500 mile trip,(just returned today) my fuel mileage increased from 24 to a best today of 27.3 MPG. That was my main concern, 3 MPG is more that I expected. Well satisfied with the Airaid.

cracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Black Diamond V Coupe

nice! thanks for the contribution. I have heard others averaging 2 mpg gains with the airaid system.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ford
    What year is your "new" CTS coupe? Beware that the intakes for the 2008-2011 3.6L CTS engine will NOT fit the 2012 3.6L engine. I found this out the hard way. On the 2008-2011 3.6L engine the air box assembly is a separate piece from the air intake collar that houses the MAF sensor. The new 2012 coupe's air intake box and MAF sensor is all one piece. So you either have to cut and modify your OEM air box or wait for someone to come out with an intake for the 2012 3.6L application. And I even tried ordering the air intake collar piece with MAF sensor fitting attached from the 2011 CTS, but the MAF sensors are different shapes. Anyone have any better luck finding an intake for the 2012 CTS?
    Oh, thanks for the info... So currently no CAI for the 2012's. How about high flow filters like the K&N one below. Anyone using it?

http://store.knfilters.com/mobile/mP...x?prod=33-2411

karstman7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts di

Quote Originally Posted by Mistercoffee2 View Post
    NEWBE: What is an "Oil Catch Can" and what is the little filter on the oil filler cap for?

Had my 2008 CTS for 4 days.
    THIS? and how often do you have to empty the catch can if needed?

Usually empty the catch can when you do an oil change

blunted is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Eldorado , '12 CTS Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bodam View Post
    Here is the e-mail response I got from Airaid:

"Thank you for your inquiry. We currently do not have anything available or in development for the 2012 3.6L CTS however it is something that we are looking at doing. Sorry we could not be more help with your request at this time and please let me know if you have any additional questions in the meantime."
    Find anything that works? Not coming across much for my 2012 either.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.