Injen Cold Air Intake
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Injen Cold Air Intake in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I will be installing the Injen Cold Air intake onto the CTS 3.6 today. I purchased it for $230 from ...
    Mano4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI

Injen Cold Air Intake

I will be installing the Injen Cold Air intake onto the CTS 3.6 today. I purchased it for $230 from new level motorsprts.com. This is probably the only true cold air intake manufactured for our vehicle, it actually draws air near the lower fender approximately by the fog light. Ill let you guys know how it goes and Ill post some pics.

injen.jpginjen2.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

Re: Injen Cold Air Intake

Cool, Id love to see those pics.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Looks great. Should show even better gains than the intakes that have been manufactured so far if indeed it does draw air further away from the engine. Though the intake tube doesn't look that long I'm having trouble visualizing where the filter will end up. Post pics when you're done!

About the only thing i don't like is that it keeps the factory tubing, other than that the sound is beast, and I can definitely notice better throttle response. As far as gas mileage increase i should know by Friday, Im making a trip down to Disney World so Ill see if any fuel increase is tracked on the dash. Install took about an hour and a half, I would definitely recommend the product. Sorry about the shitty pics but i used my droid and it was a bit dark.
    injen4.jpg
    injen3.jpg

For future reference if anybody plans on purchasing just hit me up if you have any questions for the install. its pretty basic though and Injen does step by step instructions.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Ah I see... as I suspected it keeps factory intake elbow and installs on the end of it. Like you said a full pipe all the way to the throttle body would look much prettier but that would probably add to the cost as well. Overall looks like you made a great choice though! And it's good to know a true CAI exists for our car!

shmiddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 DI CTS

theres no chance of water splashing up on the filter if you hit a puddle?

I would avoid puddles at all cost but thats up to you if you want to take that risk. In order to hydrolock an engine you literally would have to submerge the filter. Rain won't cause any harm, but I'm sure a deep puddle would. If you feel pretty paranoid about it though they manufacture bypass valves and hydroshields for the filters. I would deff go with this intake over the rest though. Ill prob post a video here soon when i get back from Orlando so you guys can hear what it sounds like.

Ryantc911 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looking forward to the update. I am looking to scoop a cold air intake soon.

Well I' m back from Orlando. First off for those worried about getting a CAI and worried about hydro lock, don't be. When we left Friday from Jacksonville to Disney World it rained the whole way. Due to traffic and storms a two hour drive turned to three and a half hour drive, and on the way back it rained as well. When we finally got to the hotel I open the hood, took a look around the filter and felt it and it was bone dry. I believe in order to hydro lock your engine you'd have to go over a pretty good size puddle. As far as gas mileage I've noticed an increase of a quarter of a tank on just the highway, and an eight of a tank during normal driving conditions. Another great quality of the intake is that it doesn't make any excessive noise when driven normally. This intake definitely brings out a the engine sound when wanted. Overall I'm pleased with the product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a true CAI.

Pros: -Added fuel economy 1/8 of a tank
    - Horse power gain/ throttle response (No DYNO info)
    - Sounds amazing

Cons: Slight whistle from the CAI ( INJEN is known for this condition)
    -keeps factory intake elbow

Video will be up shortly.

MTL_CTS and MTL_CTS like this.

sterod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6L

Hi, if its not too much trouble, can you please provide the part number of the injen intake you ordered?

I'm assuming it is PF7041P or PF7041WB but I am not sure since the description on those parts on the Injen website do not show 2011 3.6L CTS.

Thank You!

#PF7042
    It won't be listed on the Injen website for some reason but you can order it through New Level Motorsports, their a distributor for Injen.
    http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/pf7042.html

sterod is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS 3.6L

Awesome, thank you very much!

No problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.