RX Catch Can
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, RX Catch Can in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I've read several references to the RX catch can on here and on links to Camaro5. Where can I get ...
    00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

RX Catch Can

I've read several references to the RX catch can on here and on links to Camaro5. Where can I get one? Internet seaches reveal lot's of discussions, forum threads, youtube videos etc. but no vendors. Who sells this thing? How do I contact them to find out about prices and availability?

I really like the idea of the catch can and I think it would be an immediate and long term benefit to my car.

Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2

Re: RX Catch Can

2 places:

Member - BNRacing
    Jerry - Bad News Racing

Member - SC2150
    Tracy - RX Products

PMing either one of those gentlemen should get you what you need.

Or, you can order from BadNewsRacing....

http://badnewsracing.net/webstore/index.php/cPath/35_44

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Like he said ^ we have them on our site.

Guys, get a catch can. Here's my 30K mile example. I'll be getting one...

00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

I'm. Sure mine looks similar, which is why I was looking into where to get a catch can.

On a side note, is there any potential issue with warranty if I install a catch can? I still have quite a bit of full Cadillac warranty left and I'd hate to ruin that with aftermarket parts. My car was a certified used car so I have about 2.5 years and 66000 miles left of warranty.

Thanks.

MoFex is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options

I went to their site as I wanted to order the catch can. I like the catch can but I will not order from them They require well too much personal data inluding date of birth! What is wrong with them? Why cannot they just accept PayPal payment and ship to the address provided by PayPal? I guess they want to sell the data....

ByByBMW is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    I went to their site as I wanted to order the catch can. I like the catch can but I will not order from them They require well too much personal data inluding date of birth! What is wrong with them? Why cannot they just accept PayPal payment and ship to the address provided by PayPal? I guess they want to sell the data....
    I agree, no way they need my DOB.

ScottRogers is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

I'm very interested in this, has anyone installed it yet and if so how do you plumb it in to the plenum ?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottRogers View Post
    I'm very interested in this, has anyone installed it yet and if so how do you plumb it in to the plenum ?
    Search the camaro5 forum, in the LLT bolt-on section. Lots of installs and pics.

I'd link you, but it's probably a no-no on here...

I wasn't aware that the account creation would be an issue. The DOB and County fields are there as part of the osCommerce cart that we use. I can't get rid of those fields but you can put whatever you want in there. We use an open source ecommerce solution but the trade off is some lack of features. As for email address- We do this ONLY so that we can email you important product information, such as updates to EZFlash for tuning, etc. An example of this was when we discovered a flaw in 3.6DI ECM, which all of you use. When attempting to write to the ECM if something were to happen- such as your laptop crashing- the ECM would tell us it only needed a partial flash to finish and work normally. This was not the case and led to 2 customer's cars needing to go to GM with bricked ECMs. This is not anything related to Trifecta, HP Tuners or EFI Live will have the same issue to over come if they release tuning for these cars. We managed to get a work around going in EZFlash and I used the customer information to email all of our customers letting them know. That's the only time I've ever used ANYONEs information for anything other than shipping. We are not here to sell anyone's information and I did not see this as an issue, however I also understand your concerns for privacy and admit there are people out there that would use the information for personal gain. In response to this, I have added PayPal Express Check Out to the site. It's live now and will not require you to create an account with us to order. I value any feedback anyone can provide so I would like to thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
    I wasn't aware that the account creation would be an issue. The DOB and County fields are there as part of the osCommerce cart that we use. I can't get rid of those fields but you can put whatever you want in there. We use an open source ecommerce solution but the trade off is some lack of features. As for email address- We do this ONLY so that we can email you important product information, such as updates to EZFlash for tuning, etc. An example of this was when we discovered a flaw in 3.6DI ECM, which all of you use. When attempting to write to the ECM if something were to happen- such as your laptop crashing- the ECM would tell us it only needed a partial flash to finish and work normally. This was not the case and led to 2 customer's cars needing to go to GM with bricked ECMs. This is not anything related to Trifecta, HP Tuners or EFI Live will have the same issue to over come if they release tuning for these cars. We managed to get a work around going in EZFlash and I used the customer information to email all of our customers letting them know. That's the only time I've ever used ANYONEs information for anything other than shipping. We are not here to sell anyone's information and I did not see this as an issue, however I also understand your concerns for privacy and admit there are people out there that would use the information for personal gain. In response to this, I have added PayPal Express Check Out to the site. It's live now and will not require you to create an account with us to order. I value any feedback anyone can provide so I would like to thank you all for bringing this to our attention.
    BNRacing,

Sorry I came across a bit harsh, but I have a very strong feeling about sites that require well too much personal information when buying simple staff.

Anyway, I did order the catch can using PayPal this morning. It went smoothly, no problems, however it did not give me an option of selecting color. Not that it matter that much to me….

Kudos to you for reacting to customer voice so quickly! It means a lot in my books at least!

Yeah we don't have the option on the site, but I didn't place your order yet so you are welcome to email me here- customersupport@badnewsracing.net if you'd like a custom color. No charge for it or anything so hit me up!

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

I ordered one of these last week from Tracy, but still waiting to get it in the mail. (He did say it would ship out "near the end of the week" though, so maybe it'll be at my doorstep when I get home from work tonight? One can hope!)

Anyone received/installed the catch can yet?

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

My catch can (ordered with the breather kit option too) finally arrived the other day. I'm hoping to install it tomorrow, since I'll have a day off work.
    The can itself looks like a quality part (I ordered mine painted black), but I do have a slight concern about something I saw discussed with these on the Camaro forums. It sounds like at least one guy had a problem where the check-valve in the catch can got gummed up/froze up in really cold weather and stopped all airflow through the can. That, in turn, pressurized his engine until oil started coming out the rear main seal!

As I understand it, the RX catch-can is optionally sold without the check-value in it, but it's usually there because it allows a little more control of airflow to keep it as close to stock levels as possible, so the engine computer doesn't have to adjust for it being in-line with the system?

I wonder if in our application, we'd be better off without it, just to prevent any possibility of a failed valve causing major problems?

Quote Originally Posted by MoFex View Post
    Anyone received/installed the catch can yet?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.