What ECM does a 2010 Cadillac CTS with the 3.6 V6 Direct Injection use ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HurstGN
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, What ECM does a 2010 Cadillac CTS with the 3.6 V6 Direct Injection use ? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Does the 2010 CTS wagon with 3.6 liter engine which has direct injection use the E69 #12617230 ECM ? And ...
    Team ZR-1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What ECM does a 2010 Cadillac CTS with the 3.6 V6 Direct Injection use ?

Does the 2010 CTS wagon with 3.6 liter engine which has direct injection use the
    E69 #12617230 ECM ?

And if so does any of the laptop type tuning tools like LS2edit support this PCM ?

Or does it use like a E38 or E39 ECM ?

This correct ?
    If it is an E39 it should say ACdelco and E39 on the white label.
    If it is an E69, it should say Bosch on the label.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Re: What ECM does a 2010 Cadillac CTS with the 3.6 V6 Direct Injection use ?

Pretty sure it's a Bosch .... but don't know anything about laptop tuning tools that can talk to it? If any can, that's interesting.

Thanks for the reply, anyone know where the ECM is located ?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by Team ZR-1 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, anyone know where the ECM is located ?
    behind the driver's headlight ... mounted to the frame (i think)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

00blueYZF is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The ECM is behind the drivers headlamp

For 2010, the 3.6L SIDI (LLT) is an E69 and the 3.0L SIDI (LF1) is an E39 controller

EDIT: Looks like Rippy beat me to it
    Also: starting in 2012 both the 3.0L (LFW) and the 3.6L (LFX) use the E39 controller

Thanks for the replies guys !

noshelter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

i've got a 2008 cts mpfi. recently getting crazy fuel injector codes. #1 #3 and #5 fuel injector open, #1 #3 and #5 injector circuit low, #1 #3 and #5 injector misfire, random misfire...car runs like S*** obviously, i bring it to the dealer and of course it runs fine on the way, but he pulled those codes. i'm curious if there is a fuel injector control module that may be going bad, OR if the BCM/ECM do the fuel injector controlling?

Cougar281 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Silverado Duramax, 95 Cougar, 2010 CTS4 Premium
    Never mind... 00blue beat me to it...

Ryanramkissoon86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010

Gear area light

Hi all just bought a 2010 cadillac cts performance package, quick question not sure If a bulb is blown or not.. The area where we go from drive, Park at the center shouldn't it be a light there,?

noshelter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

no, i don't think mine has lights either. just shows up on the dash

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Ryanramkissoon86, welcome. Feel free to search and you'll find a lot of good info. Your question was asked and answered many times, most recently here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-shifter.html
    Try some searches, it's easy. Oh, try not to ask off topic items in threads....this doesn't have anything to do with the ECM and you may not get many answers....plus it doesn't help searches if topics are mixed up.
    Tbbt likes this.

KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

Your vehicle has a Bosch ECU... We provide tuning solutions for this platform.

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.