20 rwhp & 25 rwtq bolt on gain... - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 20 rwhp & 25 rwtq bolt on gain... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; So, would it be fair to say that 2012 models got a redesign and do not suffer from this issue? ...
    austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    So, would it be fair to say that 2012 models got a redesign and do not suffer from this issue? Any reports of heat soak on 2012's? So far I have had not noticed any, but I'm still in the break-in period so I'm not pushing on it yet.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: 20 rwhp & 25 rwtq bolt on gain...

You are correct. The LFX has a composite IM and that has eliminated much of the heat soak issue resulting in the increased output over the LLT. The other major difference is the cylinder heads have the exhaust manifold integrated into them but that did not produce much more power as much as a production cost savings. :thuumbsup:

Bumping this up for those that havent followed this thread.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Just installed vmax iceolator. Very happy with the product. Tune next.

And, if in the breakin period and you want to avoid all the oil consumption issues, disregard the owners manual and drive that car relatively hard! (safely of course). Get the rings seated properly.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

jcaddell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    You can reuse your gasket, and seal the other side with Permatex Rightstuff.

The hardest part of the install is removing the rear 2 bolts that hold a fuel line bracket. They are not needed so dont need to be re installed.

They are on the rear facing forward and a 13mm swivel ratchet wrench makes it easy.

The resy is pretty simple. Unbolt TB, unplug lines, remove 4 center bolts and rear most & forward most that go straight down into the IM, remove IM, cut the "bumps" loose from the OM gasket (4 tabs each) then install gasket, place Iceolator on gasket, spread small amount of right stuff (or RTV) around each port...not to thick, but completely around for proper seal, set intake in place (the rear most bolt must be inserted before setting in place....use a clothes pin to hold it up so it dosent drop) and then starting with the rear most and forward most bolts start to snug down, then move to the center 4 and evenly draw down until hand tight (dont over tighten!). and reinstall the rest. App 30 minutes for the average guy. Make sure you have premium fuel in tank, disconect the negative cable on the battery for a few minutes to rest fuel trims and clear codes, and start it up...make sure no leaks, and enjoy!!!
    I installed this yesterday and I let it sit over night before turning it on. When I started it the car immediately died. I tried a few more times, and still would not stay running. I did not disconnect the battery after installation.

Does anyone have any idea if disconnecting the battery will solve the problem? The car is at my job, and I am already home or I would have already tried this. Just checking before I drive all the way back up there to test this.

Check to make sure the MAF was plugged back in correctly, and triple check each hose connection to make sure they all got hokked back up as well as the TB plug. Disconnect the bat negative cable for 5 minutes as well to reset any communication errors.

jcaddell is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS

I went and disconnected the battery cable for around 5 minutes. I can start the car, and when I rev the gas it will stay on and run rough. The gas idles up and down roughly if I take my foot off the gas and will die soon afte. It will pop a time or two also. I am going to completely disassemble it tomorrow and make sure I didnt kink a fuel line some how. I can smell a little gas when I get under the hood. I was real careful to put everything back as I had taken it apart.

The instructions on this forums and other must have been for a camaro, or a different engine because the pictures did not look like my engine.

2008 cadillac cts 3.6 non DI.

Anyways, I will have more time tomorrow to take it down, and figure out the problem.

Pdabs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS4
    Just make sure everything is bolted up correctly.

When I did mine the intake filter had fallen off (d3) and it did the sane as yours. Start. Sputter. Die.

I didnt know they made vmaxx for non Di.

shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

anyone have any quarter mile times? Would love to see if the intake & tune is worth a couple tenths???

Sure sounds like a vacuum leak. The Non DI should be the LY7 pretty sure. And yes, we have the ieolators for them.

Keep us informed.

cbiglake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts

I am a newbie to this forum so forgive me if this has already been asked . But will this niffty item work on a 3.0 2011 AWD ? THANKS CBIGLAKE!!!
    bu

We have not released the 3.0 version yet but will post test results after we get that far. Stay tuned!

krenzema is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS N* V8
    Please post the instructions for installing the ice-olator on a 2011 CTS coupe. I would like to understand what is involved prior to purchasing the part... Also, instructions for installing your catch can on my 3.6 LLT motor.

Thanks,
    Motivated Buyer

cbiglake is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts

TRUST ME I WILL STAY TUNED THANKS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.