20 rwhp & 25 rwtq bolt on gain... - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 20 rwhp & 25 rwtq bolt on gain... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; It's a piece of phenolic material that is sandwhiched between two metal flanges. No matter how high it is, it's ...
    16g-95gsx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 20 rwhp & 25 rwtq bolt on gain...

It's a piece of phenolic material that is sandwhiched between two metal flanges. No matter how high it is, it's still a gasket, that would be the very definition of a gasket. At 9.75mm you're talking all of 3/8" thick, not even thick by phenolic gasket standpoints. What's with the talk of me being "afraid" of posting the same thing in the other thread? We aren't on the playground at 9 years old? The same logic applies to his thread that applies to yours.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Just what I said.....if you had any balls you would go over there and question that vendor....but we all know you dont have them.

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2

Quote Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx View Post
    I think you know where I stand with your first question.

I'd love to see your dyno if you have one, as well as the specific conditions it was performed in.

What was your name on the Merc boards? I honestly posted only a few times there and it was mainly to sell a few 55k parts that I had?
    Don't want to put your info out there if it's you, but are your initials JN, and you and/or your father own a speed shop in NJ?

If so, you're a bright guy, and we've actually done business together. We've never met, but have mutual acquaintances in the Mercedes racing world. As for me, I'm the...

Owner/Pilot - Quickest E500 in 1/4 mile on record
    Owner/Pilot - Quickest SL600 in 1/4 mile on record
    Pilot - Worlds quickest E55 in 1/4 (Lowprofile's car - built by Bruce at TTM)

Alright, none of that above has anything to do with this thread, other than me stroking myself a bit. But what can I say? I'm proud.......and vain.

Ok, so...If you're who I'm thinking, I know your credentials, and you are a smart guy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning any vendor's claims, when they're selling items, it's just your method that could use a little work. The power of forums are amazing when it comes to bringing unscrupulous vendors to their knees, like many did with the 360 Forged Wheel debacle, a few years back. Tracy, by all accounts, does not appear to be one of the bad guys. Quite the opposite, actually.

The problem here is, there are many customers of this vendor, who have purchased and installed this particular product, and all have a favorable opinion of it. If you research further, you'll see that it's not just local people to the vendor, but rather people that he's shipped this product to, all over the country. You've done your math, and have decided that A^2+B^2 doesn't = C^2, without ever trying the product. I don't have empirical data of of why it works. Lower IATs? Effective increase in runner length? Dunno, but the car feels faster with it.

It's note worthy that I run 93 octane in my car and have an ECU/TCU tune. But, those were also in place, prior to installing the spacer. Again, for the record, I don't know exactly how much power I've added (I will soon), but the car is stronger with the spacer.
    CarlosZ06 likes this.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

Wagoneer there is only one way to settle this one way or the other...

Get to that dyno ASAP

Edit: GSX, when I first read the claims I was also very skeptical (how could a freakin' spacer give almost the same gains as a 50-shot of nitrous LOL) but the gains have been shown by more than one dyno test on camaro5.com... I mean I guess everyone could be in on it and publishing false data for the sake of selling parts, but that would be going to great lengths for a 150$ gasket...

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

There will be no further disrespect in this thread. The next person who breaks a rule will be banned. Read the rules if you have forgotten them - or simply aren't familiar with them:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

Argue all you want. Question vendors. Defend businesses. There are no rules against that. Name calling and disrespect are not tolerated here.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Now can we all just get along.......

I have no problem with someone slamming the "tornado" or "turbonator" snake oil stuff or "magic magnet gets 50 MPG!!!", but this is proven and anyone testing to verify is welcome. If we were going to exaggerate any product we would claim the CNC ported TB's got 20 rwhp instead of the 3-6 we have seen in dyno testing. We would claim the oil separating crankcase evac systems give "10 mpg" instead ofthe 1-3 we actually see. Or a "magic chip that adds 100 hp!". All products we manufature ore endorse we have tested and always look for 2-3 other dyno shops to verify.

racerx8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I've been watching this thread and thought there seemed to be some logic to the Ice-o-lator spacer so....not a lot of money so let's give it a go.
    Wag-O-Neer can't have all the fun. I bought the Ice-O-Lator and a Vmax ported TB from Mike Norris, installed them, then drove around some and I think there is a difference. My '11 CTS4 3.6DI is Trifecta tuned with the Airaid setup so I data logged and sent to Vince. Vince reported back that my car is running perfect.
    So the results: the car is more responsive, increased mid-range, pulls to 7000 rpm, SAE Butt dyno confirms more HP, more TQ; subjective YES and I'm satisfied.
    Bottom line: I have no reason to doubt the reported dyno gains, I have some high HP reference cars (Corvettes) and these 3.6DI's are strong engines.
    Thanks for listening to my two cents worth.

Give it a tank or two of fuel, it gets even better. I normally don't subscribe to the theory of ECM adaptation to hardware modifications, but I do now.

Glad you're happy with it. You should literally be able to touch your manifold after driving it.

krazienluv10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

wag o neer, how hard is the installation? im am somewhat comfortable with tools, nothing really new, however i told my self when i first bought the car i wouldnt touch any engine anymore... and now im actually contemplating on this as well as a d3 intake as well...

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Quote Originally Posted by racerx8 View Post
    I've been watching this thread and thought there seemed to be some logic to the Ice-o-lator spacer so....not a lot of money so let's give it a go.
    Wag-O-Neer can't have all the fun. I bought the Ice-O-Lator and a Vmax ported TB from Mike Norris, installed them, then drove around some and I think there is a difference. My '11 CTS4 3.6DI is Trifecta tuned with the Airaid setup so I data logged and sent to Vince. Vince reported back that my car is running perfect.
    So the results: the car is more responsive, increased mid-range, pulls to 7000 rpm, SAE Butt dyno confirms more HP, more TQ; subjective YES and I'm satisfied.
    Bottom line: I have no reason to doubt the reported dyno gains, I have some high HP reference cars (Corvettes) and these 3.6DI's are strong engines.
    Thanks for listening to my two cents worth.
    I have all the same mods with a lighter coupe. I agree with all you have said. Pedal response is "right now". WOT shifting is now at 7000 rpm is is firm and fast. This is really the way Cadillac should have built it. Always thought they should have had a CTS "Sport" that had N/A V8 with 425 hp for the guys that don't want a supercharged car.

racerx8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

mikesul these are great cars and the coupe vs. sedan not very much weight difference. A big YES to the 425 hp NA CTS Sport I'd love to find a CTSV with a fragged engine and place an LS7 in the engine bay. I have an '07 Z06 with a very healthy LS7 and an '07 A6 coupe w/435 rwhp; so an LS3 or LS7 CTS Sport would be perfect! We always have to make great cars better, we're hot rodders!

Hey all, anyone that knows someone with a SRX (2010-2011 only) I need one ASAP to install our supercharger system on. Will do it for 1/2 price but will need the SRX for 1-2 weeks. Spread the word please.....

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    Hey all, anyone that knows someone with a SRX (2010-2011 only) I need one ASAP to install our supercharger system on. Will do it for 1/2 price but will need the SRX for 1-2 weeks. Spread the word please.....
    Tracy, I'll ask around. PM me what the cost would be for it, total with tuning etc... They're gonna ask...

SRX only? Or any 2010-2011 3.6?

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    wag o neer, how hard is the installation? im am somewhat comfortable with tools, nothing really new, however i told my self when i first bought the car i wouldnt touch any engine anymore... and now im actually contemplating on this as well as a d3 intake as well...
    Install is a 5/10 for anyone with basic wrenching skills. If you're comfortable with say....a brake job...you'd be fine here. Same level of difficulty.

Tracy and Mike Norris both penned very nice how-to's. If you search the Camaro5.com forum, the install docs are readily available.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.