My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon - Page 4
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 148
Like Tree11Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Why would you want cam lope on a V6? I asked the Camaro guys and they get all huffy....
  1. #46
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    Why would you want cam lope on a V6? I asked the Camaro guys and they get all huffy.
    krazienluv10 and krazienluv10 like this.

  2. #47
    Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Why would you want cam lope on a V6? I asked the Camaro guys and they get all huffy.
    I hear ya on that.

    I decided not to enable the cam on my car, as it just doesn't suit it. But, the target is the guy with a Camaro, running a CAI, long tubes, and exhaust. If I were that guy, I think I'd enable it. Even if you install it, you're still able to toggle it of/on with the cruise control button.

  3. #48
    mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    673

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    I didn't enable the g-cam on my tune either. That's not the sound I want coming out of my car, I'm past that stuff. Got the Iceolater and oil catch can ordered and will install upon receipt. Have had the KPE intake and ported throttle body already, so with the manifold spacer and catch can the only other item I would install is LT headers if I could get them. KPE keeps saying they will have them, but....

  4. #49
    Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    212

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    I didn't enable the g-cam on my tune either. That's not the sound I want coming out of my car, I'm past that stuff. Got the Iceolater and oil catch can ordered and will install upon receipt. Have had the KPE intake and ported throttle body already, so with the manifold spacer and catch can the only other item I would install is LT headers if I could get them. KPE keeps saying they will have them, but....

    Awesome! Who's throttle body? Tracy's?

  5. #50
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    39
    Posts
    37,475

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    Quote Originally Posted by Wag-O-Neer View Post
    I hear ya on that.

    I decided not to enable the cam on my car, as it just doesn't suit it. But, the target is the guy with a Camaro, running a CAI, long tubes, and exhaust. If I were that guy, I think I'd enable it. Even if you install it, you're still able to toggle it of/on with the cruise control button.
    I don't even want it on my SS. I prefer the smooth rumble at idle

  6. #51
    WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    135

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    I'm curious why some folks are installing aftermarket catch cans on these motors. I used to run them on the high hp turbocharged cars I built, but are they really necessary with a lightly modded NA application like this?

  7. #52
    Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    212

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed View Post
    I'm curious why some folks are installing aftermarket catch cans on these motors. I used to run them on the high hp turbocharged cars I built, but are they really necessary with a lightly modded NA application like this?
    Pull off your throttle body, and reach inside the snout of your intake manifold. There's a small sump, right in the front. I'd bet you, that it's got a bunch of oil in it. The oil ingestion on these cars is pretty bad.

  8. #53
    sfv41901's Avatar
    sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Palmdale, Ca
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Wag-O-Neer

    Pull off your throttle body, and reach inside the snout of your intake manifold. There's a small sump, right in the front. I'd bet you, that it's got a bunch of oil in it. The oil ingestion on these cars is pretty bad.
    /\ what he said.

    Hence why u have to keep an eye on the oil level between oil changes.

  9. #54
    cracing's Avatar
    cracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Black Diamond V Coupe
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    96
    Wag which cable did you select? I assume the red trifecta cable?

  10. #55
    Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    212

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    Quote Originally Posted by cracing View Post
    Wag which cable did you select? I assume the red trifecta cable?
    Yes sir.

  11. #56
    cracing's Avatar
    cracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Black Diamond V Coupe
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    96
    Thank you how is everything coming with securing the dyno?

  12. #57
    Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by cracing View Post
    Thank you how is everything coming with securing the dyno?
    Supposedly the parts are ordered. I'll check in on it next week.

  13. #58
    TeamZambo's Avatar
    TeamZambo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 CTS FE2, Pearl 2010 ESV Plat
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New Mexico/Illinois/Mexico
    Age
    31
    Posts
    216

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    Who did you order the catch can from?

  14. #59
    Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    212

    Re: My Trifecta ECM/TCM tuning experience - 2010 CTS-4 3.6L DI Wagon

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamZambo View Post
    Who did you order the catch can from?
    You can get it from 2 vendors here:

    Member - BNRacing
    Jerry - Bad News Racing

    Member - SC2150
    Tracy - RX Products

    PMing either one of those gentlemen should get you what you need.

    Or, you can order direct from BadNewsRacing....

    http://badnewsracing.net/webstore/index.php/cPath/35_44

  15. #60
    cracing's Avatar
    cracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Black Diamond V Coupe
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Age
    26
    Posts
    96
    Bringing the thread back for interested buyers of the tune. Wag-O-Neer would love to hear an update for a very interested buyer

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting