D3 intake high rev Popping noise ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, D3 intake high rev Popping noise ? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hey just installed the D3 intake on my CTS coupe. This intake is awesome and the sound alone is well ...
    tleep123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 coupe

D3 intake high rev Popping noise ?

Hey just installed the D3 intake on my CTS coupe. This intake is awesome and the sound alone is well worth the money. I have one problem though while revving the car in drive I hear a popping noise it almost sounds like something is hitting something inside the engine. Could it be the cold weather ? It has be 20 degrees where I live. Please help me because I am concerned that this may be causing damage to my engine. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Black CTS 3.6DI D3 intake, Magnaflow Exhaust w/xpipe

Re: D3 intake high rev Popping noise ?

Unless you ingested something into the engine, or installed it incorrectly - your intake won't damage your car, especially with the noises you're talking about. Did you secure it down? Your engine may be torquing and the intake hitting the shield.

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot
    Your engine may be torquing and the intake hitting the shield.
    I bet this is what's happening.

nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Black CTS 3.6DI D3 intake, Magnaflow Exhaust w/xpipe

Re: D3 intake high rev Popping noise ?

I'm going to see if i can put some rubber stripping on my shield so it doesn't hit so hard.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.