2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; KPE (a supporting vendor in this community) is the distributor for a supercharger kit soon to be released by IPF ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Thumbs up 2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels

KPE (a supporting vendor in this community) is the distributor for a supercharger kit soon to be released by IPF Tuning targeted at the General Motors 3.6 liter LLT V6 engine. The stock engine in the 2008-2011 CTS made 304 horsepower. With this new supercharger a 3.6L V6 would have over 400 horsepower - which is a bit more power than an LS6/LS2 2004-2008 Cadillac CTS-V.

The kit targets the LLT due to its use as the standard engine in the Chevrolet Camaro, but fitment there also enables fitment for the Cadillac CTS 3.6L. It is not clear if the same kit will work equally well on the 2012 LFX engines until further testing and tuning has been done.

IPF’s test claims are an improvement to 435 hp and 360 lb ft of torque. For the CTS 3.6L that power would change it from a 6.3s 0-60 time to under 5.1s under ideal conditions, and get it into the 13s in the quarter mile. Cost of the kit for the Camaro is US$5,590, with a $1K deposit for pre-orders. As of this article kits do not appear to be shipping yet.

The kit includes the supercharger, intercooler, and appropriate custom brackets and mounting hardware.

The Supercharger head unit is a Vortech V3 Self contained unit. No drilling into the oil pan or complicated plumbing is needed. The intercooler has a thick core for maximum cooling efficiency with minimal pressure drop. All the hardware is high quality and made in the USA. A Powertrain Warranty is available from IPF and is valid when the kit is installed by an ASE Certified Technician. The kit will sell for $5590.00 plus shipping. The Powertrain Warranty is $275.00 which covers engine and transmission. Again most of the forced induction (Turbo kits) do not offer a Powertrain Warranty.

KPE Products Contact info:

Dave Loucks
    888-222-4291
    dave@kpe-products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

We are currently producing the IPF Supercharger for the 2010-11 Camaro V6. The kits will begin shipping the week of January 16th. There are some kits on backorder but we can still take preorders as of today. Camaro enthusiasts can still put down a deposit to guarantee they get one out of this initial production run!

After we complete this first production of IPF Superchargers for the Camaro, we will be moving on the CTS. Our intent is to have the CTS kit available in the next 90 days. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
    The guys at DREVolution Motorsports are reporting that they're actually measuring 420-430 horsepower at the wheels from Camaro testing. That would suggest almost 500 horsepower at the crank.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels

Is this discussion being overlooked because its a sticky? Or is no CTS owner interested in more power?
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

In the advertisement it does say hp measured at the flywheel though. Still I would be interested to see a dyno graph from a camaro owner who has done this successfully to their V6 it would be interesting. A great option for sure for 3.6 CTS owners who want some extra power! Finally it looks like a complete bolt-in, quality forced induction package will be available

Just the same I would probably never do this mod... I drive my car every day and need it to be reliable all the time. And this would of course void the factory warranty. The KPE warranty seems a bit sketchy to me. Like every time some guy blows their motor with too much boost and needs a rebuild or breaks their transmission they are just going to fork over thousands of dollars? I mean I don't know how much hp the stock internalss of the 3.6 were designed to handle but 500hp (if what you said is true) is probably reaching those limits...

mrcoupe2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI

Definitely interested in more power here. Waiting to see if this successfully moves from planned product to full on product for our CTS. Price seems reasonable and at least competitive with pricing for similar products on other vehicles (well at least to the Corvette products since that is all I've ever looked at in the past). I plan on stashing away some money for this - if it lives up to the marketing - I'll be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_CTS View Post
    In the advertisement it does say hp measured at the flywheel though. Still I would be interested to see a dyno graph from a camaro owner who has done this successfully to their V6 it would be interesting. A great option for sure for 3.6 CTS owners who want some extra power! Finally it looks like a complete bolt-in, quality forced induction package will be available

Just the same I would probably never do this mod... I drive my car every day and need it to be reliable all the time. And this would of course void the factory warranty. The KPE warranty seems a bit sketchy to me. Like every time some guy blows their motor with too much boost and needs a rebuild or breaks their transmission they are just going to fork over thousands of dollars? I mean I don't know how much hp the stock internalss of the 3.6 were designed to handle but 500hp (if what you said is true) is probably reaching those limits...
    I got that "at the wheels" number from this quote:

The guys at DREVolution Motorsports are reporting that they're actually measuring 420-430 horsepower at the wheels from Camaro testing. That would suggest almost 500 horsepower at the crank.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoupe2002 View Post
    Definitely interested in more power here. Waiting to see if this successfully moves from planned product to full on product for our CTS. Price seems reasonable and at least competitive with pricing for similar products on other vehicles (well at least to the Corvette products since that is all I've ever looked at in the past). I plan on stashing away some money for this - if it lives up to the marketing - I'll be using it.
    I'm anxious to see what happens as well. Maybe people have been looking for a CTS that's quick but not necessary a race car.

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Yeah, I'm very interested in this too -- but frankly, warranty is my main concern as well. I already paid a good bit of money for an extended warranty on top of my GM factory warranty, to ensure everything's covered after the "bumper to bumper" factory coverage expires. If I went with this kit, I'd probably be voiding out ALL of that and winding up with no coverage at all for the engine/transmission except whatever they've got for $275.

Honestly, I wish they had a way to get this thing marketed as a Cadillac authorized upgrade part, that wouldn't affect your factory warranty as long as a Cadillac dealer did the installation. (That's starting to happen more and more often now with some other vehicles out there. Toyota, for example, has done that for many years with their Toyota Racing Development parts offered at some of their dealerships.)

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

GM has a Performance Parts group ... you can check out the parts catalog here http://store.gmperformanceparts.com/store/Welcome.do
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

rlum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 AWD DI CTS

I might take a hard look at this when my factory warranty expires. But I would wonder if my '09 CTS4, without the performance package, would be up to the increased HP and torque. Would the brakes and AT be up to handling the increased power?

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

I found the thread from camaro5.com:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181527

It's a bit shady in that the company had a track day with the S/C camaro V6 but never released any performance numbers.

Also as of now I don't think any of the kits have shipped yet so no one has done this to their car yet...

escap317 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I would be most interested in a twin turbo kit . ThanKs for the info.

kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Sure, that's always a question. But if you go by the results people typically see with such upgrades on other vehicles out there, it's *generally* true that a power increase of up to 75-100HP or so is doable without other components needing an upgrade to handle it. Engineers almost always build components with some extra tolerance above what they expect an application to require. (Just makes sense if you want to reduce risk of accidents or sudden failures when a part ages/wears, or you want a "comfort zone" to account for unexpected scenarios.)

When it comes to brakes, for example? Designers know people may be trying to pull heavy trailers or have their vehicles overloaded beyond the maximum recommended weight capacity. They're not going to build the vehicle with brakes that won't be able to stop whenever one of those conditions happens.... It'd lead to backlash and customer dissatisfaction from all the bad press - even IF the reality was people using the vehicle outside the owners' manual recommendations. So by the same token, they should stop your car if you've added 100 HP or so to it and you're otherwise driving it in normal, "in spec" conditions.

With the automatic transmission, I'd think adequate cooling would be the biggest concern. You shouldn't have parts just snapping in two and failing in there from the added HP this supercharger kit claims to provide, BUT you might see some overheating with extended use on a track or even up steep grades... A transmission cooler kit would probably be a relatively inexpensive and worthwhile upgrade to pair up with such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rlum View Post
    I might take a hard look at this when my factory warranty expires. But I would wonder if my '09 CTS4, without the performance package, would be up to the increased HP and torque. Would the brakes and AT be up to handling the increased power?

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Glad these are avaliable and at a decent price. Should spice-up the CTS aftermarket a LOT, i'm surprised it took this long to get parts for the 3.6 acutally. I wonder what it does to the 30mpg fuel economy in the maro.

uberwayne53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS

Wish this was for the 2012!

LS2 Solstice is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't understand the post that say " I don't know what this motor can handle" and then say " It won't hold much more then xxx hp".. Really? Who knows what they can handle. The 2.0 turbo in the solstice was the same way, until people were putting down 450+ to the tires without tearing the motor down to build to handle the power. Until someone's really pushing these motors I say let's see what happends.. The LS motors were and to some point are still really underrated by some.. Just sayin.

beanjapan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Looks like this is only for the Camaro. Anyone know if it will package on the CTS?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.