2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by beanjapan Looks like this is only for the Camaro. Anyone know if it will package on the ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: 2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by beanjapan View Post
    Looks like this is only for the Camaro. Anyone know if it will package on the CTS?
    That's what they're working on now. It'll be available soon...
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

beanjapan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    That's what they're working on now. It'll be available soon...
    It will get here about the same time that the D3 supercharger arrives... that was only 3 years ago...

rics8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts4

Cool Re: 2008-2011 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Supercharger = 430hp at the wheels

our tarns would have to be upgraded, they top out at around 400-500. the max torque on the tarns would have to be around 450.. internals would not handle the load. the wheels and teeth would snap all day long.

IF caddy was smart: turbo the v6 and mate carmaro or vette trans. 3inch full exhaust, with cts interitor and sts body size and that's a great car!!!!

nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Black CTS 3.6DI D3 intake, Magnaflow Exhaust w/xpipe

How are they handling our ECU? Doesn't our CTS have multiple revisions of ECUs....one of the main reasons we haven't gotten any toys yet?

rockryno is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 Yamaha R1

yea i heard our CTS's main set backs were the computer's lack of tuning ability, and second the drivetrain's inability to handle barely more than the 304 hp ours are putting out stock.

I would LOVE more power out of my 3.6! hell I drive it like it were a V all day long, it just does't perform as such...

Cuest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance w/Red & Carbon Interior

Shit, I was thinking of getting a used V but if this comes out I would do this instead since I already have a few things done to my CTS and would hate to have to do it all over again.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by rockryno View Post
    and second the drivetrain's inability to handle barely more than the 304 hp ours are putting out stock.
    Where is the proof? The manufacturer may state the trans is only good to a certain hp, but oyu can generally put more pwoer through them if you are careful. The first gen CTS with 5L40E was rated to handle 250 hp...The trans is allready seeing 400 or thereabouts without problems.

KFallsCTSwagon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Wagon, 2004 BMW M3, 2007 BMW K1200S

Like the thought but yes, warranty and wear and tear would be biggest concerns. For me my CTS 3.6 Wagon is great but wouldn't mind the extra power this supercharger claims. I was going to get the V but realized they don't make it in AWD that I need for the winters here, so I basically setted for the 3.6 vs the LS6. I miss the power on my CTS as I also have an '04 M3 BMW and love the snappiness (let alone the handling) of the throttle on the Beemer. I chose the wagon because I love my dogs to travel with me and this was a perfect choice vehicle for the two of them. So who is willing to "try" this out for performance and warranty purposes? I read some reviews about "shadyness" in some aspects of incorporating this bolt on so I would urge the product maker (Iknow you must be reading this) to really thoroughly research the scenarios that all of us want for this addition is to be put on our vehicle. I work with insurance companies and the best caution is to prevent claims from ever happening. Obviously they (claims) will happen at times but to not objectively look into those possibilities and just "put the product out their, make the money, and then deal with the aftermath" is something I wouldn't want to see. I really like the idea of this product but hopefully the manufacturer and its affiliates would be moral enough to put an awesome product out there and stand behind it. ...."just saying"
    Megathumper and Megathumper like this.

Lovemy2010cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any update on the cts supercharger?

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

We have several of our super charger systems installed on 3.6L DI's w/NO drivetrain issues. 2011 AWD coupe amoung them and doing an avg of one caddy install per 2-3 weeks. We also do single and twin turbo them. No issues with the tune....several are on here that have the RX system, search them and ask for feedback.

2012 & up we do complete custom tuning with HP Tuners on these also.

The highest we have pushed the LLT is just under 700 hp on the dyno, but that is not practical for the street due to fuel issues above 6-7#'s of boost, but the LFX has app 15% more fuel delivery capacity so 7-9# the stock system holds up.

Dan Paling is running 10# of boost on his with meth injection providing the extra fuel needed....and he kicks v8 butts all day long. Dont think he has been beat yet w/his AWD RX supercharged coupe.

We also have forged pistons, dry liner Darton sleeved blocks and forged rods & stroker cranks were almost ready to release and a member here with a 2012 awd is having us build for as much power as possible so that will be new ground.

Search the forum for pics and threads. Quickest any have run in the 1/4 mile with the 6# standard boost is 12.91@109 but far better times are feasable.

----------

Call to schedule any install. 2008 & up DI wagon, sedan, or coupe. at all times we have 2-3 being done a=on various GM platforms and we also have our purpose built stall converter as an option and were seeing 1.8 60's with it added. Gets it into boost quicker.

Any in the area that want to see these builds up close and personal give us a call and stop by....usually have 1 or more to test drive as well for comparison.

and twin turbo:

We do custom ground cams for the LLT & LFX as well.

TheGarda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS Sport/Luxury, 08 CTS4 Sport

Anyone got a link for a purchase for these turbos?

X E Ryder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe, Premium, Touring

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    We have several of our super charger systems installed on 3.6L DI's w/NO drivetrain issues. 2011 AWD coupe amoung them and doing an avg of one caddy install per 2-3 weeks...

So your shop has been doing about 1 per month - you should have like 8 CTS V6's in the bag by now - can we see pictures and video of these installs? Or maybe those users can post up - I would be very interested to hear how those have worked out for them. As you said, by now, there should be a bunch of them running around. None of the pictures in this thread show a completed install so I am eager to see one!

Lovemy2010cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'd like to see the pictures and install videos on the 3.6 awd.

Thanks

Call direct for purchase info: 941-721-1826

We have been doing the 3.6 DI's for over 2 years and have 22 so far on the road with 2 more scheduled for this month... I dont know of anyone else that has done as much with the GM 3.6L DI engines than we have.....but more are offering mods all the time so its getting more common.

Dan Paling in Detroit was the first AWD 3.6 DI and you can find his build and post on here...also BJ Wall in Atlanta.....and there are plenty of pictures here and videos the owners have all over youtube. I am an old fart that does not know how to post videos, only still pictures from photobucket.

revx1 is the name of the album to see years of photos of all these different steps and builds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.