Shift point change - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Shift point change in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Ah! Very interesting. Thanks for following up on this and sharing the info! It sounds like the cable must have ...
    kingtj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe, Premium edition

Re: Shift point change

Ah! Very interesting. Thanks for following up on this and sharing the info! It sounds like the cable must have a special chip in it of some sort, allowing the communication he's describing? Like I say, the device driver that makes it work is just a generic "USB serial" driver that Microsoft auto-downloads when it tries to find a driver for the new device when it detects it plugged in for the first time. So to Windows, this cable is seen as being no different than the cheap generic ones on the market.

I think you'll be happy with your purchase -- but definitely keep us filled in. I'd love to know what your opinion is of the tune once you've got it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wag-O-Neer View Post
    Ok, so with a little more effort, I was able to get some information about this mysterious cable. Here's a note from the reseller:

This reseller has been great about correspondence back and forth with me. The Camaro guys with the same 3.6DI swear by this tune. I know it's not gonna add much noticeable power, but I've got to do something about this auto slushbox that always wants to go into 6th gear. The other good thing about this package, is you can reset the transmission adaptations with the click of a button. Awwwww screw it! I'm gonna order....

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Quote Originally Posted by Wag-O-Neer View Post
    Just ordered the whole package. I'll start a new thread with my ordering/install and after thoughts on this ECM/TCM tune.
    Thanks alot for doing this. If the torque management could be reduced a good amount to reduce the slippage, the car would be alot more fun to throw around. A tire chirp from 1-2 and 2-3 shift would be awesome.

Wag-O-Neer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 Wagon Premium 3.6 w/FE2

Quote Originally Posted by loosend View Post
    Thanks alot for doing this. If the torque management could be reduced a good amount to reduce the slippage, the car would be alot more fun to throw around. A tire chirp from 1-2 and 2-3 shift would be awesome.
    No problem. New thread started:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2859103

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.