Intake Silencer / Removal on CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Intake Silencer / Removal on CTS? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I've done this mod on the past few cars I've owned that didn't have an aftermarket intake and it's pretty ...
    WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Intake Silencer / Removal on CTS?

I've done this mod on the past few cars I've owned that didn't have an aftermarket intake and it's pretty easy. Does anyone have a diagram or schematic of the stock CTS 3.6DI intake system? If there is a resonator there, has anyone tried to remove it? I'm curious to hear some owner experiences.

I did find an intake diagram, but it's not showing what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Intake Silencer / Removal on CTS?

Nobody huh? :P

ScottRogers is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Yes...I removed the snorkel/silencer.......ummm..the sound is more noticable under acceleration....as far as performance....no comment. But for a free mod that sounds better....

Scott

Nice, did you have to remove the wheel and go through the wheel well? Where exactly is it located? Thanks!

Just remove the air box assembly and pull the snorkel out. Very simple. When you see it you'll understand how to remove it. I took her out to stretch her legs today. You will like the sound starting from 3000 rpm on up.

Scott

Thanks Scott! I'll have to make this a weekend project here after the holidays. I will try to do a writeup with pics for everyone on this board

Redrum08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts 08

would love to see how this is done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum08 View Post
    would love to see how this is done
    Cool, as long as nothing comes up I will make it a project next weekend when I'm back in town. I'll definitely snap some pics and write up a how-to. I've done it on 3 or 4 cars now, the one on my TL-S was a pain because you either had to go through the fender well or take the front bumper off.

For those wondering what it does, this free mod gives your stock intake a little more noise (not as much as a CAI but it's definitely louder than stock) and maybe gives you a little better throttle response. Depending on where the snorkel / silencer is located, sometimes it actually acts like a CAI and pulls cooler air from behind the fender well / front quarter panel.

That statement is correct in every way........it gives a little bit more sound.....not as much as a CAI.....there is absolutley NO power gains.....being a race engine builder for many years.....just bolting on a CAI does not give you any more HP either.....(I've dyno'd many)....This free mod WILL put a smile on your face. The reason I could not explain how to do it, is because it is one of those thing's that require a visual rather than a typed explaination. It truley is very easy once you look at it....Just remove the airbox and it will be self explanitory from there.....Nothing else needs to be removed....you may want to take the entire air intake off and see how dirty your butterfly may be but it is not neccessary. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

Scott

Jruiz11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts

Did you ever take the silencer off? I have a 06 cts and pulled the air box off and didn't see anything that looked like it, it may have been taken off already.
    Where is it located?

I did and I did a writeup on it. You can find it if you do a quick advanced search under my username. I am not sure about yours on the 06 but I would assume that it had one too.

Jruiz11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 cts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
    I did and I did a writeup on it. You can find it if you do a quick advanced search under my username. I am not sure about yours on the 06 but I would assume that it had one too.
    Yea I saw your other page, when I pulled my intake out where your silencer was there was a little fan it looked like on mine, it had that cut out with mesh and a bracket holding " the fan" not to sure guess ill just buy a CAI

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.