Griot's Garage to show 500hp 2011 V6 Camaro ...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Griot's Garage to show 500hp 2011 V6 Camaro ... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I happen to live a few miles from Richard Griot's (pronounced "Gree-ohs") place of business, "Griot's Garage". The first Saturday ...
    DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Arrow Griot's Garage to show 500hp 2011 V6 Camaro ...

I happen to live a few miles from Richard Griot's (pronounced "Gree-ohs") place of business, "Griot's Garage". The first Saturday of each month he has a customer appreciation day, usually with some exotic cars that may include some from his own stable. Free coffee and donuts are included. On Nov 5th, check out what will be shown:

"This month Cody Johnson and Jett Scholz from Illtech Auto Salon will be on-hand conducting a Forced Induction Tech Session and an ECU Reflash Tutorial. They will be bringing with them a 2011 V6 Camaro featuring a STS Turbo putting out 500hp, and an ESS Tuning Supercharged 2008 BMW M3 putting out 625hp."

Now isn't the Camaro V6 a twin of our CTS (1SB) engine? If so, you'd think that Illtech could duplicate the turbo system for us. I just may have to attend this gathering and ask for myself ... I'll keep ya posted.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Griot's Garage to show 500hp 2011 V6 Camaro ...

IPS Motorsports in Indiana is working on a twin turbo (not the STS kit) LLT Camaro. So far I think he is about 460 rwhp. His goal is 500 rwhp. I would think they would be able to port it to the CTS.

The problem is that drivetrain is not going to handle that kind of power reliably. The guy who is doing this is not using the Camaro as his daily driver. Unless you are planning on making a TT CTS your weekend toy, I would recommend going for a CTS-V instead.

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

I agree ... good comment.

LS2 Solstice is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    The problem is that drivetrain is not going to handle that kind of power reliably.
    Is this a guess, or do you know this for sure?? Just curious.

The Camaro SS has upgraded drivetrain components over the LT. GM would not do that if the LT components could handle 400 hp. Same with the upgraded powertrain on the ZL1. Go to the Camaro forums and read a little. Guys with blowers, even just cam and headers are breaking driveshafts and half shafts all the time.

Today's cars have drivetrain components that are much more marginal than in the past. In the quest to keep cost and weight down, it's going to get even more marginal. Just wait.

So the CTS and the Camaro share the same shafts? I've personally witnessed at least 5 04+ GTO's make over 750whp without a single half shaft issue, and that's with over 60 passes at the track and driving daily.. That's why I was curious. Not to say your wrong.

I personally knew someone with almost 600 whp on his 04v with no drivetrain upgrades. He made it to 50000 miles (something like that) on his original diff. And it was still working when they replaced it for howling.

Some people get lucky. Some don't.

Yeah I hear ya. They all howled. My solstice had the same rear end as the cts of those years and it howled from day one. I was always waiting for it to take a dump, but it never did.

I just think power adders on today's cars are a crapshoot. You have to be willing and ready to accept when stuff breaks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.