GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By MTL_CTS
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I came across this website that claims to add up to 60 more hp with a chip that is connected ...
    Ronsworld3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09' Cadillac CTS

Question GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work?

I came across this website that claims to add up to 60 more hp with a chip that is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor. The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance (That statement was copied straight from the web site) and all this for only $69, which makes me think it is a scam but then again you never know. So I was wonder if anyone has tried it or even looked into it before??
    I am new to this forum so I cant post the link to the website but if you Google the GFORCE Chip I am sure you'll find it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Senor Aguas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V
    Definitely a scam. Gains like that only happen with forced induction via boost pressure. Don't waste your money.

Ronsworld3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09' Cadillac CTS

Re: GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work?

I was actully thinking that but figured I would ask just in case, Thanks

JFG92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS V6 2.6L DI, 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L V8 FI

its not a scam i saw this and bought one and installed it it improve gas millage for sure i drive the same route almost every day and i was getting about 14mpg...i installed the chip and now i get 19.2mpg i significant improvement im not sure about the HP but MPG there is a definite gain

MTL_CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black

From the OP's description it sounds like it's just a resistor that is wired into the IAT?? Kind of like just doing IAT sensor relocation (free mod) and tricking the ECU into thinking the engine is getting cooler air than it is in reality and thus richenning the AFR. Obv a scam since there is no way you'll get 60hp from this... you would be lucky to get 6hp... peak. And if anything fuel mileage would be worse I would think...

If you want real WOT HP, and better gas mileage just save your money and get a custom tune from a reputable shop on this site imo
    Wag-O-Neer and Wag-O-Neer like this.

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

According to cadillac tech to whom is a friend stated these are a scam and will do major harm to the engine.He said all these do is fool the ECM into having the car run in the cold mode all the time. This allows the engine more air and more fuel.(ever notice how much better your car does in the morning) this is because it's in the cold mode. He stated over a very short time there are major internal damage to the motor. Once this is done it voids your warranty immediately and all repairs are one you. Remember all this is stored in the computer, so they know what you did. This is poison, stay far away!

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Yeah these things are snake oil

grcoulter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Premium

Why do they let them advertise these chips on this site?????

jovi440 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS

Money, money, money!!!........And they don't have to prove that a product actually does what they claim, to advertise. Just watch TV. Can' fault this site!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.