Engine Hesitation During Acceleration
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Engine Hesitation During Acceleration in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Has anyone had an issue with a 2008 CTS DI hesitating during accleration? The check engine lite started blinking yesterday ...
    cadillac08cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS DI

Engine Hesitation During Acceleration

Has anyone had an issue with a 2008 CTS DI hesitating during accleration? The check engine lite started blinking yesterday now is on solid. I have an appointment to take it in tomorrow but was curious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Yonaga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: Engine Hesitation During Acceleration

I had this problem on an Subaru STi, and it was a misfiring fuel injector. You can read the code with a Davis Car Chip, or take it to the dealer.

I hope you are still under warranty. Good luck.

Michael_atDell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI AWD
    Having this problem now... Misfire on cylinder 4 in my case. Took the coil and plug out; carbon tracing on the coil. Taped it up until I can get it in to the dealer, but it didn't help...

bhowey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI CTS Red tintcoat

Had a similar problem on my 08 CTS, Easy job, remove the air intake, just loosen the set screw and twist off the one end. Clean the throttle body with a couple of rough rags and a can of Throttle body cleaner. include front back and edges of the valve, push the valve opened from the bottom and prop it opened with a piece of wood or something. Throughly clean the bore where the valve seats, this can get real dirty. Easy job, anyone can do it. Just take your time and make sure you have cleaned both sides of the valve. This is the third time I have cleaned it in my 08. Cleaned it 4 times in my 04. Only major problem I ever had.

loftinkt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS AWD

I've had issues with my '08 a couple of times now. I usually get it around highway speeds. I've taken it to the dealership 3 times. Misfires in #4 and #5. They replaced spark plugs, but i'm experiencing it again. Definitely can feel the misfires though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.