3.6DI supercharger myth discussion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 3.6DI supercharger myth discussion in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Company called D3cadillac out of Cali is in the process of building a supercharger for the 3.6 DI. I spoke ...
    blackout09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

3.6DI supercharger myth discussion

Company called D3cadillac out of Cali is in the process of building a supercharger for the 3.6 DI. I spoke with them on the phone and they have a spec built and dude said it put out close to 450HP on the dyno. Can't get the link to paste here. D3cadillac.com then go to featured vehicles near the top of the page. find the 3.6 DI supercharged. It will tell you everything they put on it and the dude told me they used a corsa exhaust. He also said it will be for sale near the end of summer b/c the cost is to high right now. I'm puttin my whip on a train to Cali soon as they start selling it!!!
    Drspeed1259 and Drspeed1259 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

re: 3.6DI supercharger myth discussion

interesting

There is someone currently developing a kit for the Camaro.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Probably not. D3 has been saying this for years. On this page is a thread started 6 months ago saying the same thing. There is also another thread started maybe 2 years ago also stating it was coming soon. Don't hold your breath.

blackout09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

That sux, I was looking forward to gettin all that horse! Wonder if any of those other people who post that info actually talked to someone at D3...

Someone else has a guinnea pig on the camaro forums. But I have a feeling everyone is going to be sorely disappointed.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

Interesting how this proposed system along with the proposed exhaust system (that Corsa knows nothing about) keeps coming up over and over again in a 2 year period. Lots of talk, speculation, and free publicity with no results. In most circles, that's just called hype.

If enough people want it, someone will make it happen. I don't think there are enough CTS owners for it. But there are more than enough Camaro guys. Problem is, I don't think they will spend more than $5k installed for it. So it will likely never happen.

brothleutner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    If enough people want it, someone will make it happen. I don't think there are enough CTS owners for it. But there are more than enough Camaro guys. Problem is, I don't think they will spend more than $5k installed for it. So it will likely never happen.
    The problem price point of the regular CTS vs the V is almost to close for this to matter, and the price between the regular camaro and the SS is even closer, and the people buying a v6 camaro probably don't care in the first place about hp. I just don't ever see it happening.

you would be surprised. there are probably about 20-30 V6 owners who have expressed interest. some people dont want a V8. for whatever reason. I agree with you, I would rather have an SS than a supercharged V6. but they seem to think a supercharged LLT is going to be a better DD than an SS. and get better fuel economy. who knows, with a tune, maybe. but I was under the impression you can't do much with the LLT since no one has yet to crack the PCM.

either way, I see on these forums all the powertrain problems and breakages people post, and they all have modifications. It has taught me to keep the car stock. CTS or Camaro, i question whether the trans and diff can handle 400+ hp.

nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Black CTS 3.6DI D3 intake, Magnaflow Exhaust w/xpipe

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    you would be surprised. there are probably about 20-30 V6 owners who have expressed interest. some people dont want a V8. for whatever reason. I agree with you, I would rather have an SS than a supercharged V6. but they seem to think a supercharged LLT is going to be a better DD than an SS. and get better fuel economy. who knows, with a tune, maybe. but I was under the impression you can't do much with the LLT since no one has yet to crack the PCM.

either way, I see on these forums all the powertrain problems and breakages people post, and they all have modifications. It has taught me to keep the car stock. CTS or Camaro, i question whether the trans and diff can handle 400+ hp.
    Didn't someone post the transmission specs? It only showed like 314hp or so as the limit, even with a 25% leeway that's still only ~380 or so hp that it can handle.

exactly. even if that is someone's guess, I cannot imagine it being much higher than that, as GM, Ford and BMW have shown no inclination to use this transmission in any high-hp application.

now most of the Camaro guys have manuals, but my concern would be the rest of the drivetrain.

I would not want to be the guinea pig who blows their 6AT and then has to pay for it to be replaced. I guarantee they'll void that warranty if they see a blower under the hood. It wouldn't be hard to say 'your excess hp blew up the transmission'.

waiting for someone to quote the magnuson-moss act

It wouldn't be hard to prove a transmission was broken by a supercharger, unless that supercharger only put out 10hp to stay under the 314hp limit of the drivetrain.

If you tried to use that as an excuse, they would laugh you off the lot.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: 3.6DI supercharger myth discussion

One of the reasons for a supercharger on a V6 is your insurance company is only hitting you for the V6, not a V8. Makes a big diff in some cars on the insurance bill.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.