3.6DI supercharger myth discussion - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 3.6DI supercharger myth discussion in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by mikesul One of the reasons for a supercharger on a V6 is your insurance company is only ...
    nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Black CTS 3.6DI D3 intake, Magnaflow Exhaust w/xpipe

Re: 3.6DI supercharger myth discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    One of the reasons for a supercharger on a V6 is your insurance company is only hitting you for the V6, not a V8. Makes a big diff in some cars on the insurance bill.
    When you tell them you have a supercharger, which this one will likely be 8-10k, it won't matter.
    If you don't tell them, and you total the car, you're screwed on the cost of the thing.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

otoh, if you total your car, you are taking a big hit anyway.
    I am looking at trading in my Camaro LT on an SS. It's only going to be $50 difference for insurance. For the average SC install, it would take 100 years for it to pay for itself

I really can't see any real reason to add a SC to a Camaro LT or CTS.

If I total my car I get GAP... so not much of a hit at all

lucky you
    I get market value.

Gap was only $3 more a month, i mean why not?

I dont think it's offered in IL. I think insurance companies only offer that coverage in states that require them to. I could be wrong. I know it used to be offered here, but I don't think so anymore. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

It's probably something I should look into. I got coverage out the ass already, might as well have that too.

Most dealers offer it, but its a lot more. My insurance, travelers offered it so I took it.

you might want to check with your agent. gap insurance has nothing to do with replacement cost. all it does is pay off your car loan if you are upside down. definitely worth the $3, but doesn't do anything once you pay off the loan, or if you owe less than the car is worth. or if you paid cash for your car. Some insurance companies used to offer replacement cost riders, but none of the big ones do anymore. i am guessing too many people totaled their cars on purpose so they could get a new one.

and I bet almost all insurance companies require gap insurance if you finance a car.

The insurance companies don't require it, but the finance companies sometimes do. I've never had it required, they only require full coverage.

duh, that's what I meant. The finance company. My agent told me they add it automatically to a financed car. I think it's state law.

DMill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 1SB - Crystal Red w/Light Titanium

Too bad Lingenfelter doesn't get excited about providing a blower for the Camaro V6, as they would probably do a spin-off for the CTS, too. I agree with most that a s/c for the V6 CTS will only stay a fantasy.

Hey ... If you wanted to sacrifice some trunk space, just install a nitrous system with a couple 20 lb bottles for those "need-to-speed" moments!

So, I was led to believe the PCM for the LLT has never been hacked. And cannot be tuned. Is this still true?

I have been told by the Camaro guys that Trifecta has been tuning the LLT in the Camaro for some time now. If this is the case, there should be no problem getting a supercharger installed and tuned.

Supercharged CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just supercharged my 3.6DI. It runs great!!
    The kit is made by RX Performance

s2kriderap2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 DI

hey whats up everyone well i actually just purchased my CTS 3.6 DI today, and will be dropping it off at the end of the month to Kings Performance in Orlando Florida to either build supercharger kit for mine or go back to boost. I just got rid of my boosted s2000 and had them do my turbo kit and i made 400+ rwhp on 14lbs. Looking forward to getting to know people more beings i use to live on s2ki forums while being bored at work. Does anyone know if you can buy an hid kit? I would like to bump it up to 10k hids instead of oem ones. Thanks Brent

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.