3.6L DI CTS Power Mod Discussion - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, 3.6L DI CTS Power Mod Discussion in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by underpsi68 I don't buy the hp claims myself. How many independant before and after dyno comparisons would ...
    SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: 3.6L DI CTS Power Mod Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by underpsi68 View Post
    I don't buy the hp claims myself.
    How many independant before and after dyno comparisons would it take for you to beleive it?

Dozens on the internet, youtube, etc. A solid 20 rwhp and 25-28 rwtq guaranteed or you can return it for a FULL refund with no restock fees, no gimmicks, no conditions.

There are thousands of these out there in use and not a single complaint. Do some searches and read the feedback:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=iceolator

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/itrader.php?u=20741

The internet forums would have complaints all over if it was not factual.....look at all the big name brands that claim "up to xxx hp" and never come close. We only claim what has been proved on multiple platforms and multiple dyno testing both tuners and customers.
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...+throttle+body

And here are customer videos of RX modded 3.6L cars.

We have yet to break a trans (or have a customer break one...and the auto's have all went with our 3600 stall converters).

Here are links to videos of both RX super charged & twin turbo builds posted by customers:

Take a ride in a RX Supercharged V6:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBJ1DDbT6AI

The "Burn-out":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsIch17R34I

The "corners":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fd4kWFH2Ew

The "DIY build first startup"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ubs4bK8n60

Twin turbo on closed road:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytdyfvhw_gc

The "Drive by's"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgFJPC-d3A

RX Superchiller in use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6VMD...eature=related

The performance products are there, available, proven, affordable, and I don't think there is another company in the world that has done as much or developed as much as RX has for the 3.6L....and more always in development.

Top mount roots style blower kit in the works right now and we hit 600 crank HP with one of the twin turbos (or I should say Vince from Trifecta has....he is the tuning genius for these).

You can hate all you like, and claim BS....but the thousands that have purchased these products have nothing but praise, and with our guarantee to "buy it back" if it dosent do as claimed what have you got to loose?

And you can go deep into the motor for more power also. Here are our cylinder heads:

underpsi68 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm sorry if I don't believe your claims. You seem to post different data about your products. Just for an example in my 5 minutes of reading: On your 1" spacer you claim in one post "The 1" showed 1* F cooler (not enough to make a difference(, but 2-3 rwtq gains at the low rpm range.....but here was the shocker, 14 rwhp LOSS above 5800 RPM", than in another post you claim " On a few runs we could see it start to decrease the spread of 20 rwhp at around , but only a few rwhp. Now the 1" fell off drastically but still had 4-6 rwhp above stock VS no iceolator". So which one is it? 4-6rwhp gains or a 14rwhp loss???

One post you are claiming "a solid 20 plus rwhp & 25-28 rwtq from the 3/8" alone (with 93 octaine) is an unreal gain from the low price", than another post you are claiming "No real power gains, but reduces the false knck so the ECU is not pulling timing so often" Again which one is it????

Yes I am skeptical about a lot of parts claims, not just yours. I have bought into a lot of false claims over the years and now believe if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

I just can't help to wonder why GM just didn't buy your 3/8" spacers and put them on every one of their 3.6 engines and pick up close to 10% power. They could have saved millions of dollars on revised heads: runners, larger valves, redesigned exhaust manifolds and a new compostite intake which will help with heat soak as well as save some weight off the car. All the newer upgrades from GM "only" netted 14fwhp.

Now maybe you can see why I am skeptical about this???

Also the videos you posted don't impress me. The drive by's and such mean nothing except to the 17 year olds IMO. Again show me so TRUE 1/4 time differences that can not lie. Some of those videos would be great.

I'm sorry if I don't believe your claims. You seem to post different data about your products. Just for an example in my 5 minutes of reading: On your 1" spacer you claim in one post "The 1" showed 1* F cooler (not enough to make a difference(, but 2-3 rwtq gains at the low rpm range.....but here was the shocker, 14 rwhp LOSS above 5800 RPM", than in another post you claim " On a few runs we could see it start to decrease the spread of 20 rwhp at around , but only a few rwhp. Now the 1" fell off drastically but still had 4-6 rwhp above stock VS no iceolator". So which one is it? 4-6rwhp gains or a 14rwhp loss???
    At least you read the posts....more tha n many who dont beleive. The temp drop is 30-33*F for the 3/8 & the 1" was only 1* different. The 1" produced slightly more torque down low than the 3/8" but due to the increase in runner lebgth was 14 hp lower than the 3/8" above 5,000 or so RPM. What that post says is we jumped the gun in releasing the 1" before testing based on a competitor claiming there 25mm (near 1") made more power than our 3/8" and customer demand came flowing in wanting the 1". We put it into production, and AFTER (which we have never done in the past, and should not have then) we did extensive testing and it did fnot match the competitors claims (that is where we take issue on unrealistict claims) so we made the posts that the 1" did NOT meet the gains predicted and we wanted to let all know.....the 1" will only gain app 6 rwhp and NOT the solid 20 the 3/8" does.....even though we invested $thousands into the program and making them...now we sit with them not selling because we were honest.....so how does that not add to our credability? Where have you ever seen a company do that??? They ALL would have still kept the false claims and pushed them....we sit here with $thousands of dollars of them on the shelf because we were honest and felt a need to immediatly let the public know it did NOT perform as claimed.

One post you are claiming "a solid 20 plus rwhp & 25-28 rwtq from the 3/8" alone (with 93 octaine) is an unreal gain from the low price", than another post you are claiming "No real power gains, but reduces the false knck so the ECU is not pulling timing so often" Again which one is it????
    Re-read the posts...the subject is the Dyno Jet and Dynocom dynos put up a resonance that the knock sensors pick up as knock and the ECU pulls timing. The Mustand dynos do not (no idea why, just the way it is) and that was with the super charged/turbo charged cars. We desensitized the knock sensors in the tune to get accurate readings but would never do that for a customers car as the kknock sensors are critical. So again, I think you just skimmed over and interepted what you wanted.

Yes I am skeptical about a lot of parts claims, not just yours. I have bought into a lot of false claims over the years and now believe if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.

I just can't help to wonder why GM just didn't buy your 3/8" spacers and put them on every one of their 3.6 engines and pick up close to 10% power. They could have saved millions of dollars on revised heads: runners, larger valves, redesigned exhaust manifolds and a new compostite intake which will help with heat soak as well as save some weight off the car. All the newer upgrades from GM "only" netted 14fwhp.

Now maybe you can see why I am skeptical about this???
    So your assumtion is car manufacturers already make everything with the best design and power output possible? That your drinking coolaide. With several friends that are GM performance engineers we discuss findings, problems, and solutions all the time. An example is the Jay Leno twin turbo SEMA car from 3 years ago...it was a non drivinable build due to fueling and crankcase pressure issues until this Past SEMA where we spent 2 days with the engineers on how with overcame them and a month later the Leno car is driving and they had the issues solved. We also got alot of data from them that helpped us with other issues (the timing chains, the fuel system).

You didn't watch 1/4 mile videos? I'll post the link to those threads as well.

All those videos in the links are posted by customers except our super chiller system that we made.

Again, there are owners on here that have the 3/8" iceolator and back it up....are they BS'ng you as well?

You also seem to ignore the links to all the other independant dyno testing that equaled or exceeded our testing.....so that is not relevant? DOnt buy the products if you dont want performance, but dont try and disuade oothers that do. Just because you may be ignorant and sceptical does not give you the right to call BS on something that is documented with thousands of these in use and never a SINGLE claim from anyone that has them that they did not meet our claims....in fact many claim they realized more than we saw.

Also the videos you posted don't impress me. The drive by's and such mean nothing except to the 17 year olds IMO. Again show me so TRUE 1/4 time differences that can not lie. Some of those videos would be great.
    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115679

post quotes edited for clarity -JiimmyH

Also, the reply you make on "which is it" is regarding 2 differnt products. The iceolator is a intake manifold spacer and gives the 20rwhp and 25-28rwtq. The plenum spacer gives no repeatable gains but does reduce the incidance of knock so it prevents power loss from the ECU pulling timing.

'11CamaroLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Camaro LLT

I bought the rx/ vmax ported throttle body and black iceoator. I bought them at the same time but installed them about a week apart. Ive always had great experince with tracy, I dont know how many times Ive PM'd him with a question/problem and hes always been quick to respond, even if what I ask has nothing at all do to with one of there products. just incredibly knowledgeable and a great vendor/asset to us.

I first did the ported throttle body and the install was real easy. what I felt I gained from it is exactly what I heard/expected it to. the dreadful dead spot altough not completely gone, that took a noticable chunk out of it, and throttle response feels better throughout the rpm band. Next with the help of a friend I installed the iceolator. Instal is a little bit harder but still not too bad. The throttle response is increased even more with the iceolator and I really feel the difference around 4k rpms, its like when Im accelrating hard when I get to 4k it surges even harder. That mod is more top end difference where the throttle body is more lower end. also that you can go drive for miles stop, pop your hood and lay your hand on top of your manifold and not be burned is pretty amazing. Overal im 100% satisfied with RX/VMax and there products.

franklin's bee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX (LFX)

To be honest i was a little skeptical when the ice-olaters came out and the numbers as Tracy said i thought were
    not achievable. But i Know Tracy, is a very straight forward, honest guy so i ordered the Black Ice 3/8's intake
    manifold for my LLT V6 camaro, installation was very straight forward and easy. I applied the gasket maker to the top of the spacer and installed the manifold back on top and let it cure for the night. Now being in florida as well i didn't think there would be as good gains as their would be in the fall........But Holy Crap did it pull. Increased
    throttle response, cooler temps on the manifold now (Because we all know the heat soak is terrible) and just being slammed back into my seat as i accelerated....wow is all i could say. Now I'm not implying you HAVE to buy it,
    but this a Great mod and not to mention its inexpensive for the things it does. I can't wait to order my Vmax
    throttle body. Thanks again Tracy!

Menendez1293 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

For anybody that is in disbelief of RX products that are made by Tracy truly don't know him. I have had the pleasure of dealing with Tracy many times. He has not only made ht experience very pleasurable but also very simple. Tracy is the type of vendor that doesn't try to push his products onto you he only sells the products that he has personally tested and proven to work. I at first was very sectipical about a spacer creating a total of 20 RWHP but with as many that have been sold and from Expirence I am not in disbelief any longer. All of Tracy's products work just ask he describes them wether it be a catch can, a spacer, ported throttle body or even a ported manifold. He reports the gains as they truly are he doesn't sugar coat anything to try and make a product sound better than it really is. Fr example when the 3/8 spacer was on the market he truly thought the 1 inch spacer was going to out perform it. When they tested it along side the 3/8 it turns out he was incorrect and was surprised that the 1 inch would have so much of a decline in the higher RPM band unlike 3/8. Anybody that has dealt with Tracy and his products really have nothing bad to say and only positive to say about his workmanship to get exactly what the customer wants and needs.

You can't go wrong with RX products. One of the best companies for the LLT motor whiteout a doubt

spyderbuddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

VMAX Throttle Body & RX Catch Can

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the VMAX throttle body & the RX Catch Can. All I can say is next to the Vararam Intake, these have to be the best mods to date. The Vmax throttle body cleaned up the dead spot at about 2500rpm . The dead spot was not as noticeable before the Vararam Intake, but after I installed the cold air kit you feel the car die just a little at 2500rpm. The VMAX Throttle cleaned this up alot, the car now revs from 2000 - 7000 without one problem.

I was really skeptical of the RX Catch Can to start, but once I removed the throttle body to replace it with the VMAX and saw all the oil inside the intake, I decided to give it a try - what the harm? What I found, using the RX Catch Can, was at least a half ounce of oil; which gets trapped in the can between oil changes. If this oil makes it to the intake system, the car's performance will be greatly diminished over time.

So both of these mods to me was worth every penny I spent.

WRXtranceformed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I will back up Tracy as well. Having installed the ported TB and Iceolator the driveability and power of the car are noticeably improved. RX was great to deal with overall, and it's clear that they have done a lot for the Chevy / Cadillac community.

Thanks WRX... (and we build them as well...awesome little cars!!) The posts here mean alot. and since the 3.6 CTS is so much of the same shared platform, there is so much potential. I expect to see the supercharged CTS (2001) to be completed this Monday and the shop and owner (in MI) should have some news to report. The mods are available to give increased fuel economy, longer trouble free engine life, and what we all are addicted to....more power@!!!

jpsomnermd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe 3.6 Performance

SC2150, trying to PM you but I dont know whats up with this site. It seems impossible on here to get in touch with you so, do you have a website I can go to view your products?

Yes, but the webmaster is repopulating with updates.

www.RevXtreme.com

Anything we have developed we back with a 100% "we buy it back" if it does not do as claimed.

BNRacing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

I will vouch for RevXtreme and Tracy. As one of their resellers I deal with him/them all the time. They are legitimate and I will say I sell AT LEAST one of their products every day. If you have any doubts, do some research on camaro5.com. There are a TON of people running RevXtreme parts.

All our products are available through BNR

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.