Cadillac Owners Forum banner
26K views 95 replies 23 participants last post by  87stocker 
G
#1 ·
Just released!! The KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6L Air Intake is Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. Features an injection molded plastic tube. The easiest way to increase power and economy. Adds 10 hp and 8 ft. lbs of torque! Fits 3.6L only.

We just came off a successful Group Buy with the KPE CTS-V intake, the thread can be viewed HERE. We are releasing the 3.6L intake to the CadillacOwners.com forum first with a 10% discount.

Retail Price: $297.00
Group Buy Price: $267.30 + S&H

Please reply to this thread if you would like to get on the Group Buy list. Once you are posted on the list call 888-222-4291 and press 1 for sales to process your order. Call at your convenience; if I can't answer please leave me a message. You may also send me your PayPal payment address or this information in a PM to process your order:

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

PAYMENT: __VISA __MC __AMEX

CARD #
EXP: _____ - _____
CVN (sec. code) #

All orders are processed & shipped in the order that payment information was received. KPE would like to thank everyone on this list for their support on this group buy!

Group Buy List:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

See less See more
#5 ·
KPE, you guys are like the best kept secret on CTS tuning. I have never really visited your site before, nor seen you on our performance forum.

That said, I'm really excited about the products you are bringing to the table. Please count me in on the cold air intake! I will order mine today.

Also, for my benefit, and the benefit of those on this forum. Could you please post more information about your other products?
I am very interested in your software tuner. So far no one has had any success w/ a tuner. If you have any Dyno plots you can provide us
(like you did for the CTS-V forum) it would be VERY appreciated.

Where is your company located? I am glad your stuff is manufactured in the USA! It makes me even more proud to purchase your product.

I see you also have a cat-back exhaust system. Do you use your own mufflers or do you purchase them from Corsa/Borla/Other and piece
together the exhaust tubing yourself?

Anymore information you post on your products would be appreciated (perhaps you can start new threads?). Thank you.

G
#7 ·
Just released!! The KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6L Air Intake is Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. Features an injection molded plastic tube. The easiest way to increase power and economy. Adds 10 hp and 8 ft. lbs of torque! Fits 3.6L only.

We just came off a successful Group Buy with the KPE CTS-V intake, the thread can be viewed HERE. We are releasing the 3.6L intake to the CadillacOwners.com forum first with a 10% discount.

Please reply to this thread if you would like to get on the Group Buy list. Once you are posted on the list call 888-222-4291 and press 1 for sales to process your order. Call at your convenience; if I can't answer please leave me a message. You may also send me your PayPal payment address or this information in a PM to process your order:

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

All orders are processed & shipped in the order that payment information was received. KPE would like to thank everyone on this list for their support on this group buy!

Group Buy List:

1)beanjapan
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

G
#9 ·

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

Group Buy List:

1)beanjapan - Order Processed - Shipped 6/28
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

#10 ·
I can't wait to get the intake. I'm really excited. I will write up a full review w/ my impressions upon arrival and installation.

Bob (KPE), I imagine this unit works on both 3.6L engines? Not just the DI model? (I have the DI, but in case there are any 3.6L non-DI enthusiast out there)

#12 ·
I'm definitely very interested in this, the price is much more attractive than the D3 option.

I'm currently on vacation for several weeks, so I would probably want to delay the shipping, but I could provide you with payment details later this week so I could get in on the group buy.

Count me in, and I'll try to give you a call when I have some free time later this week.

Pat

G
#14 ·

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

Group Buy List:

2)BigPat_86
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

G
#16 ·
Re: KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI Air Intake Group Buy

Just released!! The KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI Air Intake is Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. Features an injection molded plastic tube. The easiest way to increase power and economy. Adds 10 hp and 8 ft. lbs of torque! Fits 3.6L DI only.

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

Group Buy List:

2)BigPat_86
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

#18 ·
Just received my KPE intake in the mail. And attached below are some of the unboxing images.

1.) The package arrived fairly quickly. <1 week via FedEx. No complaints here. All the materials inside were well packaged and protected w/ bubble wrap.

2.) Here are the contents of the box. It included all the stamped and coated parts to build the new airbox, and the new intake tube, clamps and hoses.

3.) Here is an image of the actual intake tube from KPE

4.) The air filter is an AIRAID conical filter.

First Impressions - Air Box:

The stamped and coated sheet metal parts feel solid and durable. The powder coating is even on the parts, there are no sharp edges, and all of the flanges are cleanly bent. The metal parts do feel heavy in my hands. I'm not sure how they will compare to the airbox that I will be removing, but my guess is that the new intake will weight 1 or 2 lbs more than the stock unit. I will make a quick assessment once I install the intake.

Summary: Great build quality - A little heavy

First Impressions - Intake tube, filter and hoses:

The plastic intake tube is light weight and seems very durable. The inside surface is smooth, but not flat. The flex couples are from Airaid as is the filters. Some parts seem as though they could have been from this Airaid kit. http://www.airaid.com/ComingSoonProducts.aspx?PageFileTemplateID=91a2c9d3-de9a-48cb-a373-781987817128(Not a bad thing, just noting potential part sources).

Summary: Overall tube constructions is solid and leaves me with very little concern.

Overall Product Review: KPE seems to be off to a solid start. Part construction seems durable and robust, and if the part quality is an indicator of how well the assembled part will perform, I am confident that the KPE CAI will not only work well, but will last a long time as well.

Biggest Gripes: Airbox construction seems a little on the heavy side and no assembly instructions were included (Bob perhaps you can post assembly instruction on the product website or on this forum??)

How does it compare to the D3 Intake: My gut feeling is that the D3 intake is aesthetically better, and possibly better in terms of ease of assembly, but are those gains worth the $100+ dollar cost difference... I'm going to say no, but this ultimately comes down to your individual tastes. If you want your underhood to look a little flashier than stock, the D3 cover will definitely deliver on that. But I'm guessing from a performance standpoint, the two parts will pretty much be even.

These are my first impressions of the parts. I will do a full write up once I get the product installed in my vehicle. (Later tonight hopefully)

#22 ·
So far the KPE intake has performed fantastically. The temperature here in Michigan, since I installed it, has consistently been 90+ degrees, so its difficult to make a good assessment of the performance gains. The sound out of the intake, when engine load is high and revs are higher than 3500 RPM is AWESOME. Totally unobtrusive when cruising or driving normal.

Tomorrow after a quick drive, I'll try to feel the intake an see how warm it gets. I am trying to get cables for my computer, so I can just read the intake temperature from the vehicles CAN BUS.

I did do a quirky test w/ my iphone and the dynolicious app. After inputting the vehicles weight, plus my weight, the unit estimated around 310bhp. Which I thought was pretty good news, given the fact that it was 90+ degrees outside. I am interested to try this again when the temp drops again to the 70s (maybe at night)

I'll try to make a video, so you can hear the difference the intake makes.

G
#25 ·

Just released!! The KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI Air Intake is Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. Features an injection molded plastic tube. The easiest way to increase power and economy. Adds 10 hp and 8 ft. lbs of torque! Fits 3.6L DI only.

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

Group Buy List:

2)BigPat_86 - Please contact us regarding payment
3)pldia - Please contact us regarding payment
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

#26 ·
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29cXich0e0A&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29cXich0e0A&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

#28 ·

Ok... I know this is not very scientific, but I used the Dynolicious app on my iPhone to benchmark the HP.
I put in the vehicle mass to the best of my knowledge (curb weight + my weight). I got a rough estimate of 310hp.

Which to me seemed very realistic given the fact that it was north of 90 degrees outside! Looking forward to running
this test again when the weather is cooler.

0-60 in 6.23 sec

G
#29 ·

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

Group Buy List:

3)pldia - Payment Information Received
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

G
#30 ·

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

Group Buy List:

3)pldia - Order Processed - Shipped 7/15
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

#31 ·
The other night we had a terrible down power/thunderstorm here in Michigan. Roads were flooded all over the place. I think the deepest water we drove through was about 0.5-1ft deep!!! :eek:

Anyways, I wanted to be sure that I the CAI wasn't sucking in water, so when I got home, I opened up the top cover to the CAI, and checked the filter and the surrounding area. NOTHING WAS WET :thumbsup: Which is terrific!

Not only that, but it was practically ice cold in the area surrounding the filter (as was the intake tube itself). The engine compartment was quite warm, so I was VERY pleased with the CAI ability to suck in cold air.

The engine tone above 3500 rpm at full load really reminds me of the northstar V8 i used to have in my STS. I really LOVE this new intake!

G
#35 ·

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

CARD #
CVN (sec. code) #

Group Buy List:

3)pldia - Order Processed - Shipped 7/15
4)rulez - Order Processed - Shipped 7/26
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.