KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6 Air Intake Group Buy - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6 Air Intake Group Buy in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Got mine today. Installed pretty easy but it took me a little longer than I expected it to take. Still ...
    rulez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 V Thunder Gray

Re: KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6 Air Intake Group Buy

Got mine today. Installed pretty easy but it took me a little longer than I expected it to take. Still not too bad. Instructions for this specific kit would be better instead of using the airaid v kit. Its close enough though.

The whistle is there sometimes but I love the other music made now.

Sounds and performs awesome. Much improved throttle response.

My Butt dyno tells me its doing its job. Eventually I'll put this on real rollers. There is a chassis dyno local to me.

Next is the exhaust. Bob what 'cha got? Where are those sound clips we talked about?

KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by pldia View Post
    Hopefully, KPE can comes up with something to reduce the noise. I mod my 2005 escalate with the K & G a few years back and it is all quiet.

Thanks
    First,you really should double check the install to ensure the intake is installed properly and everything is tight, sealed, and intact. Especially the filter, as it mounts to a relatively short flange.

We believe we may know what this being described. It’s the sound of the air going past the throttle plate when accelerating from cruise. There is a split second when you put your foot in it, that there is a slightly audible sucking sound. This sound is masked by the dense OEM filter and air box enclosure. We suppose it could be considered a “side effect” by some, to others it’s the sound of a cool intake.

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Black CTS 3.6DI D3 intake, Magnaflow Exhaust w/xpipe

Quote Originally Posted by KPE View Post
    First,you really should double check the install to ensure the intake is installed properly and everything is tight, sealed, and intact. Especially the filter, as it mounts to a relatively short flange.

We believe we may know what this being described. It’s the sound of the air going past the throttle plate when accelerating from cruise. There is a split second when you put your foot in it, that there is a slightly audible sucking sound. This sound is masked by the dense OEM filter and air box enclosure. We suppose it could be considered a “side effect” by some, to others it’s the sound of a cool intake.

I'm pretty sure it's the throttle plate whistling. My STS did the same thing. Remember how whistles work - air moving quickly over a sharp edge.

My 09 CTS does the same thing with my D3 intake at partial throttle. It's one of the noises the OEM intake baffles out. If KPE designed theirs to remove that noise it would require more tooling, more baffling, and more restriction.

Redrum08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts 08

Does this fit on a 2008 3.6L SFI?

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum08 View Post
    Does this fit on a 2008 3.6L SFI?
    Sorry, it will only fit the DI engine.

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

BigPat_86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD

Bob,

Thanks for the fast service -- got the intake installed this afternoon. Install went pretty smooth, I had to buy a thread tap but that was the only thing I was missing. Took a bit longer than I expected, but overall it went well.

I'm very pleased with the new sound!

Next up might be the exhaust -- do you have any further details on your axle-back setup?

Thanks,

Pat

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

CUSTOMER NAME: Marc Kaplan

KPE

Re: KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6 DI Air Intake Group Buy

Just released!! The KPE Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI Air Intake is Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. Features an injection molded plastic tube. The easiest way to increase power and economy. Adds 10 hp and 8 ft. lbs of torque! Fits 3.6L DI only.

We just came off a successful Group Buy with the KPE CTS-V intake, the thread can be viewed HERE. We are releasing the 3.6L intake to the CadillacOwners.com forum first with a 10% discount.

Retail Price: $297.00
    Group Buy Price: $267.30 + S&H

Please reply to this thread if you would like to get on the Group Buy list. Once you are posted on the list call 888-222-4291 and press 1 for sales to process your order. Call at your convenience; if I can't answer please leave me a message. You may also send me your PayPal payment address or this information in a PM to process your order:

CUSTOMER NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

ZIP:

PHONE:

EMAIL:

PAYMENT: __VISA __MC __AMEX

CARD #
    EXP: _____ - _____
    CVN (sec. code) #

All orders are processed & shipped in the order that payment information was received. KPE would like to thank everyone on this list for their support on this group buy!

Group Buy List:

1)beanjapan - Order Processed - Shipped 6/28
    2)BigPat_86 - Order Processed - Shipped 7/28
    3)pldia - Order Processed - Shipped 7/15
    4)rulez - Order Processed - Shipped 7/26
    5)mbk2010 - Order Processed - Shipped 8/9
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by BigPat_86 View Post
    Bob,

Thanks for the fast service -- got the intake installed this afternoon. Install went pretty smooth, I had to buy a thread tap but that was the only thing I was missing. Took a bit longer than I expected, but overall it went well.

I'm very pleased with the new sound!

Next up might be the exhaust -- do you have any further details on your axle-back setup?

Thanks,

Pat
    Sorry about the missing thread tap Pat. I'm trying to get videos or sound clips of the 3.6 exhaust, hopefully we will have this done soon! We have 1 system currently in stock.

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

beanjapan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

My kit did not come w/ a tap for the 1/4-20 screw that goes in at the bottom of the intake box. I did however, find one at harbor freight for 11 bucks! :-D

Tapped the bottom hole and now my intake box is VERY securely fastened to my vehicle. I have to drive it some more, but the whistle noise seems to have gone down just a bit... but it could also be the weather has changed, and the air is cooler and denser... perhaps this is having a great affect?

sir001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i'd like to be on the group buy list.

beanjapan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by beanjapan View Post
    My kit did not come w/ a tap for the 1/4-20 screw that goes in at the bottom of the intake box. I did however, find one at harbor freight for 11 bucks! :-D

Tapped the bottom hole and now my intake box is VERY securely fastened to my vehicle. I have to drive it some more, but the whistle noise seems to have gone down just a bit... but it could also be the weather has changed, and the air is cooler and denser... perhaps this is having a great affect?
    Been driving it for a few days now, still make a little bit of a whistle noise as before. Definitely the Throttle body making it. Oh well, I just love the overall benefits from the intake WAY to much to give it up over a minor whistle i hardly ever hear.

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by sir001 View Post
    i'd like to be on the group buy list.
    Hello sir001,

Please call us to place your order, thank you!

www.kpe-products.com

888-222-4291

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Quote Originally Posted by KPE View Post
    Hello sir001,

Please call us to place your order, thank you!

888-222-4291
    sorry about the delay, I am inquiring for my cousin who doesn't use the internet all the time..
    I will be travelling to the US (San Francisco) on Saturday. What are your hours of operation on the weekend or next Monday? I will be purchasing and having it shipped to Blaine, WA 98230 ....do you take Visa? I can call my Visa to add an additional shipping address. My billing address is Canada

Quote Originally Posted by sir001 View Post
    sorry about the delay, I am inquiring for my cousin who doesn't use the internet all the time..
    I will be travelling to the US (San Francisco) on Saturday. What are your hours of operation on the weekend or next Monday? I will be purchasing and having it shipped to Blaine, WA 98230 ....do you take Visa? I can call my Visa to add an additional shipping address. My billing address is Canada
    actually how much would it be shipped to Canada? 4225 Kincaid St, Burnaby, BC, Canada, V5G 4P5? Would prefer FedEx or USPS. UPS charges brokerage so we get ripped off majorly in Canada

alternativley, how much is it shipped to Blaine WA, 98230

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.