Big news, Lingenfelter is working on a supercharger for our V6 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Big news, Lingenfelter is working on a supercharger for our V6 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by The Tony Show OneLap, Your post makes perfect sense. I was referring more to the people who ...
    OneLapCoastie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI FE3

Re: Big news, Lingenfelter is working on a supercharger for our V6

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    OneLap,

Your post makes perfect sense. I was referring more to the people who post up looking for supercharger kits and V nose conversions within weeks or months of buying a new V6 CTS (which happens all the time). Replicating all the differences between the two cars probably costs somewhere in the neighborhood of $30-$35k to do it right, and a yet a new V is only about $15,000 more than a loaded V6 CTS.

It's also quite common (and even more ridiculous) with people buying used cars. Someone will go out and drop $13k on a 5 year old V6 CTS then immediately start spending upwards of $3,000 to make a car that looks like a V, but still performs like a V6, all without realizing that they could have bought a real one for another $5k and had the guts to go with the looks.
    Totally agree. I guess the way I'm looking at it is I'm not looking to replicate the V as much as get a little more out of my 3.6 DI for a reasonable investment. Of course this may all be mute if neither Lingenfelter nor D3 actually perfect the engineering....

Good discussion.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Taxwise and insurancewisevit is cheaper to mod your 3.6 with a turbo or compressor, than getting the V8...
    And if you buy used or are passed warrantee, it is still interesting to add more power by modding the engine.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    Taxwise and insurancewisevit is cheaper to mod your 3.6 with a turbo or compressor, than getting the V8...
    And if you buy used or are passed warrantee, it is still interesting to add more power by modding the engine.
    Taxwise I would agree, insurance these days is built more around your credit score than what you're driving. Mine hardly went up any with either of the two Vs I've owned (CTS-V and STS-V), like 7.00 a month ? That's basically one trip to Starbucks a month I'd have to give up

One that's near to or out of warranty is fair game for Mod Hell. Just pull that 3.6 and drop an LS9 in it.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

You are forgetting that some people just don't have those extra bucks to use as a down payment and must spread the cost of "extras" over a period of time.
    Also, Lingenfelter is an official aftermarket tuner and their conversions do not void the warranty (at least on their Corvette mods) and I would suspect all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    You are forgetting that some people just don't have those extra bucks to use as a down payment and must spread the cost of "extras" over a period of time.
    Also, Lingenfelter is an official aftermarket tuner and their conversions do not void the warranty (at least on their Corvette mods) and I would suspect all of them.
    You don't need much of a down payment on anything if you have solid financing. You just get bigger car payments.

Ling may warranty the work they do on the car, but GM does not. Nor should they warranty work done by someone else. However Ling isn't going to fix the rear end that blew out because of the added HP and if you pull into the dealership with a S/C sitting on top of the 3.6 chances are neither is Cadillac/GM.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

At least on Corvettes, the Lingenfelter mods are warranted and the dealer takes care of the repairs, same with Calloway. Who pays for the repqirs I don't know but the car is taken care of by the dealer.
    As far as great credit, not everyone came through this financial debacle unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    At least on Corvettes, the Lingenfelter mods are warranted and the dealer takes care of the repairs, same with Calloway. Who pays for the repqirs I don't know but the car is taken care of by the dealer.
    As far as great credit, not everyone came through this financial debacle unscathed.

That's interesting the dealerships around here don't warranty extra work done on the cars if they didn't do it.

Individual's credit situation is almost worthless to get into. Different folks take care (or don't) differently.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.