Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I already have the sport shifter in my 09 CTS by using the Shift lever. I was wondering if the ...
    Gator5000e is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added?

I already have the sport shifter in my 09 CTS by using the Shift lever. I was wondering if the paddle shifters, which I don't have can be installed now by the dealer, and if so, what would be entailed? Thanks for any thoughts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added?

No way!

Gator5000e is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS

OK, thanks. Should have gotten them when I had the chance..

smithb is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Can we put a sticky up that simply says, if you want options, then buy them with the car!?!?!? Seems like everyone wants to add on options after the fact and it would be cheaper to buy a new car then try and modify an existing car with a "new" factory option! I'm sure a lot of people want to add them because they got a good deal on a car without the option, but that is probably a pretty good clue on why it was a good deal! Maybe in the sticky we can put in the only options that can be added cheaper than a new car. Right now the wheels are the only thing I can think of. Sorry for the rant.

ranton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Smith, I agree with you 100%. If you want it buy it. If you think yo have it, look at your window sticker. If you order and have no idea what you are doing and don't know what you ordered, that's life! Let's try and stick to something meaningful, not I didn't order what I should have and now I want it. Do a little research and find out what options come with what packages. There are only a zillion places on the web where you can get that information.

sfrase is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Blue Diamond CTS

To be fair, the Cadillac website does not make it immediately clear as to what options are part of what packages. I don't know if this is on purpose, but if you don't have time to fully investigate the packages and options, you're left out in the cold if you buy a car quickly and it doesn't have the option you would have liked to have had. This is unlike other manufacturers, like Lexus, who basically sell you a car with all the options or no options. After my CTS purchase, I'd rather have it that way.

In my case, my Volvo crapped out, I needed something immediately and I had only a couple of days before 0% ended on the CTS. I got *most* of what I wanted. However, I missed out on the little things that would have made me completely happy. Like LED ambient lighting. When you look at the price range for the CTS (currently $36-$59!), you know those options are what bring in the bux for GM, so they option you out the wazoo.

Anyway, that's my 1.5 cents.
    scott

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

So...............'smithb' and 'ranton', what you two are saying is that a car guy..even though its a CTS car guy shouldn't post his "mod" inquiry on the Forum?! Part of the 'useful' information found on an automobile forum is oem and aftermarket modifications that have been accomplished, in concept, or in the planning stages (i.e., the Corvette Forum). If this concerns you to the point of frustration, then why not save yourself the stress and move on to another thread. The man had a valid mod question. Who knows, he may be a real car guy wanting to accomplish something that hasn't been done before.

Mrdestination28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009CTS DI Fully Loaded + 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum + ....

I will say that I bought my car pretty quickly, but I got all options except for the paddle shifter because I might be wrong but believe they only come with the summer tires. Me living in Houston, I don't think the dealer had any cars on the lot with summer tires because they are hopeless over here for daily driving.
    With that said, I would also be VERY interested into adding the paddle shifters.

cts_mark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Black Cherry CTS4 - FE2, J55

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit1 View Post
    So...............'smithb' and 'ranton', what you two are saying is that a car guy..even though its a CTS car guy shouldn't post his "mod" inquiry on the Forum?! Part of the 'useful' information found on an automobile forum is oem and aftermarket modifications that have been accomplished, in concept, or in the planning stages (i.e., the Corvette Forum). If this concerns you to the point of frustration, then why not save yourself the stress and move on to another thread. The man had a valid mod question. Who knows, he may be a real car guy wanting to accomplish something that hasn't been done before.
    Well said and I agree.

Prior to my CTS I had a 2002 Avalanche and I belonged to a great forum for the truck. There were so many people modding their trucks that we used to have modding get togethers. There was a huge list of mods that could be done ranging from one dollar to thousands of dollars. I was actually a little disappointed when I got my CTS at the limited number of mods that I could do to my car. I don't like my CTS any less because of it but I do like doing little things to make it my own and to improve it.

-Mark

2ND CTS 2.8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2008

Exclamation Re: Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added?

See below video clips. they added paddle shifter to E90 330 BMW.
    they confirm that all h-matic mission can be available.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipViewB...d=Oa3VHDAF9ZE$

SDC13083.jpg

SDC13103.jpg

spind is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium
    Thought I would revive this thread as I am wondering if 2 yrs later a paddle shifter retrofit may now be possible for an AWD coupe

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

My 2012 Sport Wagan has them, but unlike other vehicles I have driven with "true paddle shifters" the shifters on the CTS are more or less two toggle switches. If I'm driving sporty with paddle shifters, I like vehicles where where you can flick forward with the left hand for downshifts, and flick back with the right hand for upshifts. Can't do that with the CTS, so far with my Sport Wagon in performace driving I prefer using the stick shifter, vs the stering wheel shifters, might change as I get use to the vehicle.

Tom

Tom,
    Thanks for the info, sounds like the steering wheel shifters on the CTS are not what I was hoping for.
    I had the opportunity to drive an A6 for a few days and the paddle shifters are simply amazing. The ability to manually shift at any moment and then have the car return to auto shift by itself is a great 'highway pass' feature that I was hoping the CTS also had.

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

I guess a better definition of the steering wheel shifters on the CTS would be to call them spring loaded rocker switches than toggle. If you have the trans in the normal mode (floor stick in drive) you can down shift or up shift with the steering wheel shifters at any time. But let’s say you use the steering wheel shifters and down shift to a stop and the dash indicate you’re in 1st, as long as the floor shift is in the normal drive mode the trans will normally up shift when you start moving again. Now if you have your floor shift in the sport mode (over to the right) the trans will stay in the gear you have selected until you up shift. The exception is as far as I can tell is that the vehicle will always start out in 1st even if you’re in the sport mode and you only down shifted to let’s say 2nd or 3rd.
    Hope this makes sense to you.

Tom,
    Thanks for the detailed response.
    This is how the A6 works as well.
    I wish the CTS AWD was available with these steering well controls.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.