Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; FWIW, I suspect the steering wheel shifters can be added if the car has the tap shift ability in the ...
    jcmg8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added?

FWIW, I suspect the steering wheel shifters can be added if the car has the tap shift ability in the stick. A few of us have done it on our G8's. The post is here.

Figured I'd join and share I this group ventilated my wallet for a set of s2t paddles.

Michael_atDell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6L DI AWD

FYI, I installed my V steering wheel with shift buttons last night on my 2008 DI AWD, sadly the shift buttons do not work for me...

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I put the V steering wheel on my 2012 coupe and it works fine and to me the paddle shift was worth the price. I switched the trim and controls from my old wheel so it now looks like the stock wheel aside from it's stouter shape and of course the paddles. I'm not sure if I'll go for the actual paddles. I'll drive it like this for a while and then decide.

ghoward10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6DI AWD

I can confirm as well, I have a 2009 CTS DI AWD, and I had the CTS-V steering wheel installed. The shifters work in the back as long as you are in sport mode. Got it from Luke from Lindsay with the shift knob as well.

kevmcw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.6DI AWD

Just checked with Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. He states that a steering wheel to match my wood trim and leather wheel I currently have, would be 370$. (to upgrade to a shifter button wheel)
    Price is starting to get salty for a non performance upgrade...especially before the paddle extenders are added in.

X E Ryder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe, Premium, Touring
    If you do any canyon carving paddles are a must.

Once you try them there is no going back!

Go for it.

anyone buy these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/251218067260
    same 6061 Aluminum as the S2T extenders, just a different style.....and 125$ cheaper.

X E Ryder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe, Premium, Touring

Quote Originally Posted by kevmcw View Post
    anyone buy these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/251218067260
    same 6061 Aluminum as the S2T extenders, just a different style.....and 125$ cheaper.
    Dang! Those are big! Well to me I guess, I have giant hands though and easily reach the buttons with my index fingers.

Looks like a good solution though.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

I had them on my 2012 coupe. As a matter of fact, those pictures are of my car. I wasn"t even a little bit happy with them and at the seller's request i sent him those pictures. First, the paddles are way too big. The surfaces on the back are not smoothed and are sharp to the touch. Forget making a turn without hitting either the turn signal stalk or turning the wipers on. They just weren't for me. The seller was very good about taking them back and refunding my money.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

delete post

Installed this morning.
    Re-invigorated, rejuvenated, rekindled! LOOOOVE this upgrade.
    I went with the wheel that matched the trim of the previous wheel. Wood isnt an EXACT match...but its close enough...I won't be caring.
    Also went with the ebay paddles...add a little felt/foam inside the connector area (to mimic what the OEM buttons have) and they fit like a glove. The backs are grooved and my fingers fit perfectly. Just a delicate touch is needed. Just flippin fantastic.
    Total cost was: ~470 (370 for the upper trim wheel replacement, 100 for the paddles, 0 for labour, did it myself).
    I would say that the T50 bolt was ridiculous to get loose, but other than that took no time....or talent to do. Just be safe and pull all you airbag fuses after disconnecting the battery. And read the manual on reconnecting the battery! Do your start up procedure correctly.

WP_20130218_002.jpg

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Just wanted to add my experience:

I purchased a CTS-V steering wheel with the paddle shifters for my 2008 DI Premium and the shifters do not work on my car. It does have the sport mode so in theory it should have worked, but it does not. I am also getting "Service Stabilitrak", "Stabilitrak Not Ready" and "Stabilitrak Off" messages due to the wheel having a different harness and the extra TC button. It has made my car unsafe to drive. So I will try swapping the harness with the one out of my old wheel but will still have non-functional paddle shifters.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i would guess that since the steering wheel with shift control buttons was never offered in 2008 that there's other wiring modifications that would need to be done to get it to work

if you could get it to work

i wouldn't advise this mod on a 2008 for this reason
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.