Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; i'm sorry but I can't really tell you what you will need to make it work or if it can ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters - Can they be Added?

i'm sorry but I can't really tell you what you will need to make it work or if it can even be done ... i know it sounds like a cop out but the way that the parts catalog is set up only really allows for lookin up what was stock

for example this steering wheel i can't really say for sure if it will work but if you want to take the chance and try it that's the only way to find out

with modifications like this it takes a trailblazer who really wants to get it done to risk it to find out what works and what doesn't with trial and error

i can help some but i can't really say for sure if something will work or not
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

spind is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by reaperdeath
    Hey spind.

(1) No my Cts did not come with the paddles/Shifters.

(2)The V- steering wheel did come with the shifters on the wheel.

(3) All the Buttons are the same and are fully functional except for the source button the button on the V- wheel is the traction control button but it still works as the source button.

(4) The Shift Buttons are fully functional they shift up and down they even shift without moving the shift stick to the right.

As for the swap it was easy 1. disengage car battery 2. Pull your air bag or center of the wheel off after engaging locks with wire or coat hanger or an all what ever will fit in the holes on the wheel. 3. Remove connectors to the Air Bag 4. Remove Bolt holding steering wheel it should come right off no need for steering wheel puller you should be able to jiggle it of.
    Then install your new Wheel.

Reaper.
    We have a trailblazer thanks to 'reaperdeath' as quoted above.

reaperdeath is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Performance 3.6 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by spind View Post
    We have a trailblazer thanks to 'reaperdeath' as quoted above.
    Thank you Spind.
    Everything started when I Puchased the CTS-V Shift Knob.
    The piano black look is awsome, then I started to look for the steering wheel to match thats all I wanted at the time.
    After the install I was Checking the Buttons everyting worked at first I did not Check the shift Buttons because i thought the CTS-V Tranny was not the same as mine.
    But on the Same breath I checked the Buttons and Holy @#%$ it worked.

As I have Stated before I own a 2012 Automatic CTS Perfomance 3.5 Sedan. Other than it being one of the best cars i've ever owned it has no special Add-Ons. Just Factory Performance Model.

I dont Know if it will Work on a AWD but if you want the look like I did, $ 200.00 + Shipping is well worth it. To me the shift buttons were a good touch to a outstanding purchase.
    Again thanks to Luke at Lindsey Cadillac.

cracing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Black Diamond V Coupe
    Good deal will definitely look into this further. You know there is a company in the ctsv forums selling attachments to the steering wheel shifters to give it a more aggressive look. I believe the company is called S2T Performance. When i get my steering wheel they will be my first call after!

Attached are the images of the paddle shifters for those interested.
    Attached Images

i think a group buy is being organized (again) to get a slight discount on the S2T paddles ...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-shifters.html

it's in the CTS-V General Discussion forum
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

It certainly is!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by reaperdeath

Thank you Spind.
    Everything started when I Puchased the CTS-V Shift Knob.
    The piano black look is awsome, then I started to look for the steering wheel to match thats all I wanted at the time.
    After the install I was Checking the Buttons everyting worked at first I did not Check the shift Buttons because i thought the CTS-V Tranny was not the same as mine.
    But on the Same breath I checked the Buttons and Holy @#%$ it worked.

As I have Stated before I own a 2012 Automatic CTS Perfomance 3.5 Sedan. Other than it being one of the best cars i've ever owned it has no special Add-Ons. Just Factory Performance Model.

I dont Know if it will Work on a AWD but if you want the look like I did, $ 200.00 + Shipping is well worth it. To me the shift buttons were a good touch to a outstanding purchase.
    Again thanks to Luke at Lindsey Cadillac.
    Just got off the phone with Luke should have the wheel by next week sometime. Awesome price I got the wheel for. I just got the wheel addition to my interior with paddle shifters. Didn't want the interior to clash with the v suede. Beautiful wheel but don't see it looking factory.

Good for you. Do you have the v shift knob, if you do you will not be disappointed with the look at all. It is a beautifully wheel and adds a flare that was not there in the stock interior.

I don't I'm trying to sneak it by the wife so nothing to noticeable. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by cracing View Post
    I don't I'm trying to sneak it by the wife so nothing to noticeable. Haha
    OH Understood well played sir.

TeamZambo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 CTS FE2, Pearl 2010 ESV Plat

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    UVA is your radio code (or one of them ... some cars have a couple radio codes)

TeamZambo, I don't think you can add the heated steering wheel (easily) ... the connections probably aren't there to plug into it ... but that doesn't mean it's impossible

i wouldn't recommend it though
    Why do you not recommend it? What about the paddle shifting, could that be added easily to my 08?

I don't recommend any modifications that aren't clearly do-able.

If you want to be the first person to try and risk purchasing parts that won't fit or won't be able to plug in to use all their functions that's great and I would encourage you to document it all on this site in a thread for everyone to benefit from.

as a side note I just noticed my typo in that quote of mine that you grabbed from post# 43

UAV is the radio code (not UVA)

spind is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by cracing
    It certainly is!

----------

Just got off the phone with Luke should have the wheel by next week sometime. Awesome price I got the wheel for. I just got the wheel addition to my interior with paddle shifters. Didn't want the interior to clash with the v suede. Beautiful wheel but don't see it looking factory.
    Did you get your new wheel?
    Please post pictures when you receive and let us know how the install went.

Will do! I ended up folding for the v swede wheel. It just looked too good. Should be shipping out this week sometime.

futurectsbuyer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none yet

This is the one thing that irks me about GM/ Ford etc. They have 10 versions of the same car. I'll be coming from a bimmer 6 series and when I was shopping for a pre-owned it was so much easier because they came basically loaded. You either got the sport package or you did not. Everything else was basically standard outside of a higher rated stereo. I think I've found the car I can live with and it does not have the nav, or the fog lights, or the good radio etc. Some things for someone like me will have to be added later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.