Installation / Mounting Costs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Installation / Mounting Costs in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Quick questions fellas, I recently purchased D3's Intake as well as E&G's Ground Effects Kit With Exhaust Tips. My question ...
    Mayimbe1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)

Installation / Mounting Costs

Quick questions fellas, I recently purchased D3's Intake as well as E&G's Ground Effects Kit With Exhaust Tips. My question is how much I should expect to pay to have each mounted/installed?

I know that many of you are much more automotively inclined than I am and installed the intake yourself. However, due to the fact that the CTS is my baby, I don't want to take the risk of messing something up by installing it myself. How much should I expect the average mechanic to charge for this service?

Similarly, I have to have the body kit painted and mounted. I thought that this would range around $400-$500 but so far I've gotten estimates of $1000 and $800. CarId.com, the website where I purchased the kit, charges an additional $618 to paint the kit but unfortunately does not offer White Diamond. Both shops have claimed that premium color is the reason for the increased cost. Are these prices reasonable or should I keep looking?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

crystal_red is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 CRYSTAL RED TINTCOAT/LIGHT TITANIUM

Re: Installation / Mounting Costs

I would contact E&G and have them recommend a shop to paint and install the body kit. They are very helpful in this regard.
    As far as the intake, if you can hook up a garden hose, you can change out the intake. It's very easy; took me 15 minutes. Just follow the instructions.

Mayimbe1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)

Thanks for the advice Crystal_Red, I’m embarrassed for not thinking of calling E&G myself. Unfortunately, they were only able to recommend one shop here in Jersey and that shop doesn’t do any paint work. I guess I’ll have to keep on looking around. Also, you’ve given me the confidence to give the intake installation a try. We'll see what happens.

Again, does anyone have a clue what is a reasonable price to have the kit painted and mounted? Thanks.

jdchusker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

I just had the same kit installed (with V2 spoiler). The paint cost was $133.00 (light platinum) and the labor time was six hours billed at $48.00 per hour for a total of $288.00.

Painting and installation cost was $421.00. Hope this helps in the negotiation process.

I'm planning on posting before and after pictures soon!

sbuscha is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Blackallac, FE3, Fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Mayimbe1979 View Post
    Quick questions fellas, I recently purchased D3's Intake as well as E&G's Ground Effects Kit With Exhaust Tips. My question is how much I should expect to pay to have each mounted/installed?

I know that many of you are much more automotively inclined than I am and installed the intake yourself. However, due to the fact that the CTS is my baby, I don't want to take the risk of messing something up by installing it myself. How much should I expect the average mechanic to charge for this service?

Similarly, I have to have the body kit painted and mounted. I thought that this would range around $400-$500 but so far I've gotten estimates of $1000 and $800. CarId.com, the website where I purchased the kit, charges an additional $618 to paint the kit but unfortunately does not offer White Diamond. Both shops have claimed that premium color is the reason for the increased cost. Are these prices reasonable or should I keep looking?

Thanks in advance.
    My dealer quoted me $250 to install the E&G kit... White Diamond is a premium paint and the cost will increase.

WNBAMiamiSol is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD NAV, OEM Spoiler, D3 CAI, LOADED

I'm a girl & my CAI took me (with my bf's help) 15 minutes to install. It took the longest to uninstall the OEM.

cts2008lover is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

It was easy to install CAI but it took some time to figure out how to remove/install thin pvc/rubber air horse.

I also have White Diamond, Please post some pic after installing E&G kit.

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

it took me 25 mins to install my d3 intake and i wasnt sent instructions. you can do it!

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

or i am located in jersey and can help you install it.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.