Official D3 Air Intake Group Buy - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Official D3 Air Intake Group Buy in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Maybe I’m mistaken but I recall reading posts stating that the D3 CAI isn’t that loud. However, reading some of ...
    Mayimbe1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2009 CTS DI AWD FE2 (Fully Loaded)

Re: Official D3 Air Intake Group Buy

Maybe I’m mistaken but I recall reading posts stating that the D3 CAI isn’t that loud. However, reading some of these recent posts has caused me to become concerned about my recent CAI purchase. I definitely don’t want a loud car. Instead, I was looking forward to a nice grumble-like sound. I know its been requested before but can anyone with the CAI post a sound clip? Thanks in advance.

Nivek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3

Are we any closer to getting the Chrome intakes???

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    I think you will find that the D3 Intake system sounds pretty good at WOT. Here is a sound clip of one of the original test cars we used a while back. Please disregard the prototype exhaust system you hear on this vehicle.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDSMKkxnFgE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MDSMKkxnFgE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Please let us know if there are any questions. The new production run of intakes are almost done. We are just finishing up the assembly of the heat shields and they go out for final coating. If everything goes according to plan, they should be getting shipped out by the end of next week.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

I guess I'll just wait for Volant then...

OneLapCoastie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Mayimbe1979 View Post
    Maybe Iím mistaken but I recall reading posts stating that the D3 CAI isnít that loud. However, reading some of these recent posts has caused me to become concerned about my recent CAI purchase. I definitely donít want a loud car. Instead, I was looking forward to a nice grumble-like sound. I know its been requested before but can anyone with the CAI post a sound clip? Thanks in advance.
    Since "loud" is subjective it is difficult to say whether the system will be too loud for you. It is louder at WOT, but in my opinion not tremendously so. One has to gauge how often one intends to drive at WOT to determine if it is in fact too loud. The sound is much deeper. When cruising at steady speed there is no difference. If you have the radio on and turned up to any reasonable level, you really can't really hear the whistle at partial throttle while accelerating either. You'll hear it if you listen for it, but unless I have the windows open or the radio turned almost all of the way down, it is barely noticeable.

I think it is nearly impossible to separate the intake sound from the exhaust sound in D3s clip. I do not recommend drawing any conclusions unless someone has a clip with the stock exhaust. I can certainly tell you it isn't as loud as it appears to be in the clip.

Quick update -
    We have already begun shipping the intakes to those that have ordered. Some of which should have already gotten their shipments. We have about 5-6 systems that still need to get shipped. Those will be leaving Monday and you will be given tracking numbers. If you have any questions or need any additional information, please do let us know.

Again, we would like to thank everyone for their business and their support. We hope that everyone enjoys their products safely.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Nivek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3

Got mine yesterday, thanks. This will make for a good Father's Day

Update -
    Everyone should have gotten their intake systems by now. We would like to thank everyone that participated in this GB. We do have more in stock for those that missed out. Please let us know if there are any questions.
    Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

bobelew is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Dr. Design:
    Are the Group Prices still effect or have they reverted to full price? Also, what other goodies do you have in development for us?
    Thanks

schoonerdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '08 CTS DI Black Raven

Quote Originally Posted by bobelew View Post
    Dr. Design:
    Are the Group Prices still effect or have they reverted to full price? Also, what other goodies do you have in development for us?
    Thanks
    I would like to know this as well.

bobelew is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I guess he is off the air!!

Helloo,
    Sorry for the delay, we have been really busy. The prices have reverted back to MSRP. However we can offer free shipping in the US for orders placed before the end of July. Please let us know if there are any questions.

As for new products. Nothing on the horizon just yet. We just announced the arrival of the new cross drilled/slotted rotors. But that is about it for now.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by bobelew View Post
    Dr. Design:
    Thanks

exm22psu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD Premium

I ordered the new rotors so I'll let everyone know how that goes . . . not ready for the air intake just yet (okay, I am but the pocketbook isn't) so maybe by then we'll have enough of us for another group buy.

Justajock33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI, Black

Participating in D3 Air Intake Group Buy:
    0. Dr. Design - Chrome (example)
    1. cts2008lover - Chrome
    2. Cadillac CTS 08 - Chrome
    3. Oldschooler08- black finish
    4. crystal_red - chrome
    5. jdavis12 - chrome
    6. badblkcts - black finish
    7. Mayimbe1979 - Chrome
    8. boultorck - Chrome
    9. Justajock33- BLACK

Justajock33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI, Black

1st "group buy"...now what do I do?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.