Official D3 Air Intake Group Buy - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Official D3 Air Intake Group Buy in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ???? Why ????...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Official D3 Air Intake Group Buy

???? Why ????

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

........so that we can get the intake with 15% off.

Oldschooler08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS V

bump

Participating in D3 Air Intake Group Buy:
    0. Dr. Design - Chrome (example)
    1. cts2008lover - Chrome
    2. Cadillac CTS 08 - Chrome
    3. Oldschooler08- black finish
    4. crystal_red - chrome
    5. jdavis12 - chrome
    6. badblkcts - black finish
    7. Mayimbe1979 - Chrome
    8. boultorck - Chrome

Nivek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3

1. cts2008lover - Chrome
    4. crystal_red - chrome
    5. jdavis12 - chrome
    7. Mayimbe1979 - Chrome
    8. boultorck - Chrome
    9. Nivek - Chrome

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hmm... okay we will have to send out using USPS. All US based shipments would be shipped via FedEx.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by fritze18 View Post
    By saying you will "put something in the mail", do you mean the actual "mail"? Or FedEx? Thing is, I'm in Canada, so if it's coming FedEx, I will have to pay brokerage. I don't really want to pay brokerage on something that is "free". If you're sending it USPS, then it should be fine. Sorry to sound unappreciative of your offering, I think it's a great idea and I look forward to it. I just can't justify paying for a gift.

thepiazza is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

see below

thepiazza is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

1. cts2008lover - Chrome
    4. crystal_red - chrome
    5. jdavis12 - chrome
    7. Mayimbe1979 - Chrome
    8. boultorck - Chrome
    9. Nivek - Chrome
    10. thepiazza - black

fritze18 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 6MT, 2008 Cadillac CTS 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hmm... okay we will have to send out using USPS. All US based shipments would be shipped via FedEx.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    Thank you!

Only 2 more to go... almost there!

carman5200 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

okay at this price i would be in, but right now i dont have the $$. i hope that this summer you will run the same deal!!

badblkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Cadillac CTS Direct Injection RWD

i really can't wait for this new intake. getting things for my car is like a kid on christmas.

d3, so do you think the 10 of us can buy them now at the 15% off and then when we get them in the mail, install them and post how much we (hopefully) like them, the other two spots will then be filled?

sorry, i had to ask, it was almost 90 today, washed the car, went for a ride, summer is on its way and I want something new to play with. lol

OneLapCoastie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI FE3

Just FYI for those of you still considering (many data points typically make more informed decisions):

I had the D3 intake installed for about 7-8 months and decided to put the stock air box w/ a K&N filter in for a couple of reasons. First, was to see if I really could tell the difference in performance; and second because I seemed to be focusing more and more on the intermittent whistle at part-throttle and the more I focused on it, the more it annoyed me. Before I proceed, I want to make it clear the whistle is not a function of the quality or design of D3's intake, but a matter-of-fact reality for virtually all aftermarket performance intake systems.

Here is what I found:

- The decreased throttle response was the most noticeable change. The car was just not as responsive as I'd become accustomed to. Initial throttle tip-in with the stock airbox was almost frustrating in its lack of linearity compared to the responsiveness with the D3 intake.

- The engine almost sounds anemic with the stock airbox. While it is certainly quieter at full throttle than with the D3 intake (there is virtually no difference while cruising), the sound is certainly not a proper sport sedan sound, IMO.

- There is a noticeable "seat-of-the-pants" power gain. It isn't a "wow" level of increase, and it may be partially a function of the increased throttle response, but it is there.

- Although I would still rather not have the intermittent whistle while accelarating at part throttle (note: this happens on a very narrow RPM/throttle position band), it is something I decided to accept given the other benefits of the intake.

- Based on my personal cost-benefit analysis, I decided to reinstalled the D3 intake this weekend and do not plan on returning to the stock airbox again.

cts2008lover is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by OneLapCoastie View Post
    Just FYI for those of you still considering (many data points typically make more informed decisions):

I had the D3 intake installed for about 7-8 months and decided to put the stock air box w/ a K&N filter in for a couple of reasons. First, was to see if I really could tell the difference in performance; and second because I seemed to be focusing more and more on the intermittent whistle at part-throttle and the more I focused on it, the more it annoyed me. Before I proceed, I want to make it clear the whistle is not a function of the quality or design of D3's intake, but a matter-of-fact reality for virtually all aftermarket performance intake systems.

Here is what I found:

- The decreased throttle response was the most noticeable change. The car was just not as responsive as I'd become accustomed to. Initial throttle tip-in with the stock airbox was almost frustrating in its lack of linearity compared to the responsiveness with the D3 intake.

- The engine almost sounds anemic with the stock airbox. While it is certainly quieter at full throttle than with the D3 intake (there is virtually no difference while cruising), the sound is certainly not a proper sport sedan sound, IMO.

- There is a noticeable "seat-of-the-pants" power gain. It isn't a "wow" level of increase, and it may be partially a function of the increased throttle response, but it is there.

- Although I would still rather not have the intermittent whistle while accelarating at part throttle (note: this happens on a very narrow RPM/throttle position band), it is something I decided to accept given the other benefits of the intake.

- Based on my personal cost-benefit analysis, I decided to reinstalled the D3 intake this weekend and do not plan on returning to the stock airbox again.
    Great Info!

Did you ever try to install just D3 filter & cover without pipe?
    I am just wandering.

Nivek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3

What is the status with this?????

WNBAMiamiSol is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6L DI FE2 RWD NAV, OEM Spoiler, D3 CAI, LOADED

to OneLapCoastie

I've now had my D3 CAI for 2 1/2 months. Am super pleased with the increased acceleration/responsiveness. I kept my OEM intake in a box in case I want to trade my 2008 CTS in on a 2010. If that happens, only then will I re-install the OEM intake.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    The plan is to move forward. We just need two more to get this going. We will start procuring the ordering information for those that are participating in the GB. Those that have ordered will be notified via email or phone call with a tracking number once the item is ready to ship.

Please let us know if you have any questions or need any additional information.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    What is the status with this?????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.