Catback Exhaust for AWD - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Catback Exhaust for AWD in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by 2009_CTS We used a dial caliper is what I believe it is called...a machine shop measured it ...
    nguyendot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 Black CTS 3.6DI D3 intake, Magnaflow Exhaust w/xpipe

Re: 09 CTS DI Exhaust ideas

Quote Originally Posted by 2009_CTS View Post
    We used a dial caliper is what I believe it is called...a machine shop measured it for me while the car was up on their dyno. It was either 1.3" or 1.8" I can't remember but either way it is under 2" after the cats. And the car being referenced is a 2009 3.6 DI.
    Try an xpipe and magnaflows. Mine resonates a little bit on start but as you can see goes to pretty silent. The idle has a bit of rumble to it from the back of the car, but in the car you can't hear it until you accelerate.

It sounds better with the xpipe than the stock resonator, and is actually quieter in the car. It's much louder outside the car now.. Odd how resonance works huh?

Cold start to idle, then rev:

kid cadi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 cts

that sounds awesome!! what magnaflow mufflers did u go with?

jared529 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac cts 3.6Di FE3

I got the magna flow and i love it!! I believe the part # is 16831 not to loud unless you are a lead foot like me. Good performance gains I can definitely tell a difference I also have a volant cold air intake with the ram air scoop between the two it sounds badass!!!

csementuh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4 AWD Raven Black

Sadly I don't think the Magnaflow setup will work on the AWD cars. I don't see why though... What is in the way..?

Is the Magnaflow a direct bolt on with no cutting, and uses factory mounting?

Yes everything is direct bolt on. there was no cutting or welding to do.

Thanks for the info! I really want to know however if this exhaust will fit on the AWD models however...

I've heard stories of people using the GM Performance exhaust on the AWD models, so I find it extremely unlikely that another aftermarket exhaust wouldn't fit an AWD car. I don't see what it could possibly hit...

I need to verify this so I can take the plunge on one of the Magnaflow systems!

You can always just purchase the x pipe and resonators and mufflers and then have a muffler shop mandrel bend some of their pipe to custom fit your cts4. you can prob get a shop to do it for around 500 to 600 out the door! would sound the same and give you the same performance.

^ Very true. I would much prefer though to bolt on a catback in my garage and call it a day. I'm not sure of a loca shop I'd trust to do the work lol.

Plus revealing for sure the mystery of the AWD exhaust not fitting, might help develop other systems for this car.

Quote Originally Posted by jared529 View Post
    Yes everything is direct bolt on. there was no cutting or welding to do.
    Where did it bolt on to? The only place with bolts is up where the cats are at the front of the car.

Mine required lots of cutting. Cut the resonator out, cut the 2 stock out, put xpipe in with a few welds, and put each muffler in.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    Where did it bolt on to? The only place with bolts is up where the cats are at the front of the car.

Mine required lots of cutting. Cut the resonator out, cut the 2 stock out, put xpipe in with a few welds, and put each muffler in.

I believe we are talking about the Magnaflow catback system which should be bolts to behind the factory cats, clamps on each section, and hung with the stock rubber hangers versus you putting an x-pipe, resonators, and mufflers on stock pipes or other mandrel pipes AKA a custom job?

The Magnaflow system should bolt right up to the stock downpipes. What I need to know is if the system will work with the AWD CTS4, and why not...

Magnaflow got back to me today about their exhaust system on the CTS4.

Verdict is that their system would hit the front transfer case =(

They claimed a smaller or re-routed pipe would be needed to clear it.

May have to go with a GMPP exhaust if I ever decide to get one, as it is rumored to work with an AWD car...

Are our cats integral to the downpipe?

Quote Originally Posted by nguyendot View Post
    Are our cats integral to the downpipe?
    Pretty positive, yes.

blackout09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Company called D3 out of Cali is in the process of building a supercharger for the 3.6 DI. I spoke with them on the phone and they have a spec built and dude said it put out close to 450HP on the dyno. Can't get the link to paste here. D3cadillac.com then go to featured vehicles near the top of the page. find the 3.6 DI supercharged. It will tell you everything they put on it and the dude told me they used a corsa exhaust. He also said it will be for sale near the end of summer b/c the cost is to high right now.

Quote Originally Posted by blackout09 View Post
    Company called D3 out of Cali is in the process of building a supercharger for the 3.6 DI. I spoke with them on the phone and they have a spec built and dude said it put out close to 450HP on the dyno. Can't get the link to paste here. D3cadillac.com then go to featured vehicles near the top of the page. find the 3.6 DI supercharged. It will tell you everything they put on it and the dude told me they used a corsa exhaust. He also said it will be for sale near the end of summer b/c the cost is to high right now.
    You're kidding right? This has been posted all over the forums for over 2 years. You come in here acting like it's some sort of news. You should search the forums before reposting old stuff.

16. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.