Catback Exhaust for AWD - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS Performance Mods Discussion, Catback Exhaust for AWD in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by SIN-7 I not sure I would put the CTS on a dyno, I would first have to ...
    Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Re: Catback Exhaust for AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SIN-7 View Post
    I not sure I would put the CTS on a dyno, I would first have to find an AWD dyno in my area. Plus if I did get it on a dyno I would like to have something to tune it with. But that may happen since someone on this forum mentioned that HPtuners should be supporting the CTS in May of this year.

It's in the middle of winter here in Canada, Alberta so bringing it to a track is out of the question.

As for beating a G35x, I think we would need a supercharger to do so in a AWD CTS. Problem is that an AWD CTS weighs about 500 to 600 pounds more than a G35x. I think that with an exhaust and intake on a RWD CTS, it would take a G35x.
    Yeah, well I was thinking if we could get close, then skill would make the difference...

I'm in Ontario and, like you, have an AWD. Also like you, I wouldn't have a clue where to find an AWD dyno. Given the number of sports sedans that are AWD nowadays, they have to be out there, no?

This exhaust job intrigues me and would make a great job once the summer gets here - my garage can be heated but hey...

Anyway, I'd be much obliged if you continue to post your observations about this system.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

SIN-7 -- Have you had a chance to make any sound clips yet? Your new system sure looks good. Also resembles an end product that Corsa would put out. Hmmm.

SIN-7 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Sorry, I haven't taken any video.

Bandit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6DI

stewyp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4

i would love a soundclip too!

ccory07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS - Performance Package & Ultraview Sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by SIN-7 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your problems with the magnaflow. That's why I'm hoping that the gm exhaust will bolt right up to the AWD. This way anything that goes wrong because of the exhaust should be covered.

Did Cadillac tell you what the error was that was setting off your check engine light? I assume if it is because of the cat back exhaust it can only be related to the rear O2 sensors. If that is the case I would look into some O2 simulators, so you can keep your exhaust.

This cat back Magnaflow was it the one for the RWD CTS? And did it just bolt on to your AWD or did you have it modified?

The gm performance exhaust has come in. But I won't have time to work on it for about two weeks. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the install, as well as photo's.

On a side note I just installed the D3 Intake, my wife got me for Christmas. I love this thing. I only have a couple of small issues with it, but overall a great product.
    You had mentioned that you installed a D3 intake and have some issues. Could you tell me a little more about the issues that you had and how you addressed them.

Chuck

stewyp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4

I have a 2010 3.0 AWD. does anyone know if the exhaust systems available for the 3.6 will fit my car? i'd appreciate the help.

RAB13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.5DI

FYI.
    I have had several emails back & forth directly with Corsa (Jim Browning) I have been trying to get a proven source for a Cat-Back for the last 12 months. "No Dice" He tells me they have too many things on their plate ahead of the CTS. I have also tried the GM route and the 2 dealers I contacted as well as GM parts direct could not give me a delivery date. I know some of you have had some success with the Magnaflow. I told Jim Browning at Corsa there are a lot of new CTS owners chomping at the bits for this upgrade. Very frustrating and I don't see anything on the horizan in the near future. D3, You could sure help out with some pressure on these guys! By the way, I have a 3.6DI-AWD.

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

I got my GM exhaust at yourgmparts.com for 1073.00 delivered.Contact Joshua @ jhughes@stonebriarchevrolet.com.

agreif is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS DI AWD

Guys, partszoneonline has it for $991 (not sure about delivery) as well, just an FYI.

RAB13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS 3.5DI

Thanks guys for the heads up. Did either one of you have any problems installing the GM system. I was at my Cadillac dealer today (Thurs) and the parts mgr. told me many of the vendors they were using for these types of items are not supplying GM because of the "B" ruptcy.

racerx8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I'm currently waiting for my 2011 CTS 3.6 AWD and realize there are basically few options for performance gains with this car. I have Corvettes for my need for speed but the CTS fills my sedan needs.
    So the question is the part number please for the GMPP exhaust if someone has it, my dealer can't seem to find or even know if it is still available. Intake I'll maybe use the Airaid or ?? I've been told by my tuner that either HP or EFI (I can't recall) is also working on the computer, a Bosch ECM I believe.
    TIA, Joe

JoeEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS4

Hey SIN-7,

I just had the GM PP Exhaust installed by my dealer. I too noticed A LOT of cabin noise. So I was hoping that I need do make that adjustment you made.
    Could you share what that was/what you did? I know you mentioned that it was vibrating on that support bar.
    Not very happy with the sound right now so I am hoping it is just that adjustment other wise I think it will have to come out. Right now it sounds like a car with a busted muffler.
    Thanks, Joe

remaxracer45 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008cts4

how much did the gm performance exhaust cost? dealer itme

sfv41901 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS
    Any sound clips yet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.