thinking of waiting to buy a cts '08
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, thinking of waiting to buy a cts '08 in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I don't really know much about cars, but I've been wanting an entry-level sedan for a while and I simply ...
    molluskbrigade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

thinking of waiting to buy a cts '08

I don't really know much about cars, but I've been wanting an entry-level sedan for a while and I simply love how the new cts looks, but I was wondering what factors I should consider with this car over a comparable audi, infiniti, lexus, lincoln, benz, etc. Could someone help me out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nightowle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS

Re: thinking of waiting to buy a cts '08

I traded an older Benz 560 SL which I loved for the CTS and have been very happy. I wanted the larger size than the C model Benz but not the expense of an E. I compared the C and CTS and found I liked the performance better on the CTS. My only real complaint has been the quality of the interior and base sound system (which is adequate, but not super). With the changes made on the 08, I can't wait to get one myself. THe brakes on the CTS are as good as the Benz - which is important. THe German cars are probably more to maintain if you buy rather than lease, and the Japanese are good quality but boring. That's my opinion.....oh yeah, the resale value on the CTS sucks - so you're better off buying one slightly used - or just lease.

chico is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 Caddy CTS

Quote Originally Posted by molluskbrigade View Post
    I don't really know much about cars, but I've been wanting an entry-level sedan for a while and I simply love how the new cts looks, but I was wondering what factors I should consider with this car over a comparable audi, infiniti, lexus, lincoln, benz, etc. Could someone help me out?

good God, you speak like you never drove a caddy before!!1

CaDDyNick04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS VVT

wait on the new cts's because the the first yr or so interest is gonna be crazy making monthly payment high

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

The new CTS looks good, though naturally I haven't seen it in person. I love my CTS but I don't know if I'd buy a first year production model. JMO (Well, if I REEEALLY loved it, I would!! )

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    The new CTS looks good, though naturally I haven't seen it in person. I love my CTS but I don't know if I'd buy a first year production model. JMO (Well, if I REEEALLY loved it, I would!! )
    (Note to self: RT makes passion-driven positions under the right circumstances.)

(Note to self: figure out what the right circumstances are...)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.