Considering a 2008 CTS.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Considering a 2008 CTS. in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hello, I am new here and had some questions about the 2008 CTS. I have two vehicles now, one is ...
    PA Dweller is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None yet

Considering a 2008 CTS.

Hello, I am new here and had some questions about the 2008 CTS. I have two vehicles now, one is a 2007 Honda Ridgeline (Which I love) and the other is a 1994 Honda Accord (which still handles great and looks great). The problem is the Accord is getting old and I plan on getting rid of it around 100k miles (Or before I got to change the belts, etc).

I hear allot of great things about the 2008 CTS and it makes me interested in getting one in the next year or two. My only problem is the current CTS is RWD only and that is a big no no where I live. I originally planed on getting a GMC Acadia or Saturn Outlook AWD but I want a car since when I go into the city I need a vehicle that has better visibility and can get out of tight spots quicker.

I been researching AWD cars and the vehicles I have found so far have faults in one way or another. Either they are ridiculously priced, European (I will never buy an European made car), lack features I desire, ugly, or too small. If the CTS does plan on going AWD in 08' I would like the fully loaded model including Nav system, Moonroof, and in Blue Chip.

If anyone can give me some information on the vehicle (Price, AWD option, Features, Power, Reliability, Etc) I would be grateful. Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jon
    Jon is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

Re: Considering a 2008 CTS.

Sorry buddy, but nothing's been released about the '08 CTS yet. Wait a week or two, everything should be revealed at NAIAS.

Thanks.

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

Theoretically, they should have an AWD CTS in 08. The STS has an awd version and they're built on the same platform. I really hope they do make an awd cts... imho, they would be dumb not to.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I'm waiting to see if they offer a coupe and what it looks like. An AWD coupe with a 300 HP 3.6 would be awesome. My SRX lease is up in 2009.

left lane news reported the other day that they're seriously considering coupe and wagon versions in limited production. The wagon would work in europe and the coupe would work very nicely in my garage especially if it they made it into a V.

FlyFlip420 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Liar....Chi wants a wagon...he has been telling me about it for a while now......

afterdigital is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 05

those are good points on the AWD...it certainly would be cool if the new version would come AWD - a nice incentive to win the crowd over and from loosing customers to the likes of Lexus, BMW and others....

a few more weeks and news will be out ..... yeeehaaaa

So good chance of getting AWD on the 08'? What engine, HP/Torque, and octane do you guys think it will have?

AsAkAs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by PA Dweller View Post
    So good chance of getting AWD on the 08'? What engine, HP/Torque, and octane do you guys think it will have?
    A 2.8L V6 With around 240? HP (it would make more sense to make it tunned for fuel econ this time around though..... LISTEN GM)
    A 3.6L V6 With upwards of 270-290?
    Regular gas, or maybe they'll switch to premium, depends on the Direct Injection requirements.

Torque will probably increase a bit as well. The Detroit show in January will reveal all!

AWD has been all but confirmed by lutz himself if I recall.

Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

Quote Originally Posted by AsAkAs View Post
    A 2.8L V6 With around 240? HP (it would make more sense to make it tunned for fuel econ this time around though..... LISTEN GM)
    A 3.6L V6 With upwards of 270-290?
    Regular gas, or maybe they'll switch to premium, depends on the Direct Injection requirements.

Torque will probably increase a bit as well. The Detroit show in January will reveal all!

AWD has been all but confirmed by lutz himself if I recall.
    300 i think is now the hp area for V6 vehicles, so i think we will see atleast that much. i seriously doubt awd though. i mean, we could... but we all know how gm screws things up. a direct injected 3.6 should be seeing atleast 300 hp but who knows?

oh to the op, the awd will probably have a rwd bias like the STS. i think its 40% front and 60% rear. someone correct me if im wrong.

Rey Rey 650 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Lets just wait for it to come out before we all start thinking how much hp its going to have....Hmmm maybe it will be a V6 with 350 HP Hmmmm maybe itll be a V6 with 240 hp hmmmm......lol sorry guys....im just getting off my 14 hr shift and im tired as hell

my money is on 210 for the 2.8 and 255 for the 3.6. Year after that, we'll get direct injection and 240 / 300 / 450-500 (V).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.