Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sneak Peak at 2008 CTS! (high-res image)

17K views 70 replies 46 participants last post by  Kael 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#33 ·
From what I can tell I don't like it. It looks more similar to the 300C. The huge grill would look better on a SUV than a sedan and makes the car look too fat and heavy (not to be confused with "phat").

Even more frightening are the spy shots of the interior that look like something from Acura circa 1995. It appears that Cadillac has ditched the hard edges and center pod in favor of a more 'friendly' and IMO bland interior.

I'll wait until January to make my final judgement but from the pics I've seen I'm not hopeful.

#38 ·
Ok I see it now.....Man, that whole pic can be photoshopped.... It'd be kinda cool if it loooked totally different then all these spy shots....

#39 ·
I like it a lot... I'll be putting aside my plans for an '07 and I'll wait for the '08 CTS-V... I think that grill is a killer... It makes a real statement, in your face and out of my way...

Curious to see how they massage the "V" to make it stand out... Maybe some wire mesh in the grill? The interior of the spy shots looks fantastic as well. Love the steering wheel and the arc of the dash...

But, as a previous poster said, "I don't buy pictures"... I'll have to see one in the dealer's lot and take one for a boot to seal the deal...

#41 ·
I think the look is really stunning and will draw a lot of attention. I really like the look of my '06 but I also believe GM has to get this aggresive to win back market share. I mean this car is going to make most cars it competes with look down and out boring.

#43 ·
why the hell did they move the low beam projectors to the bottom of the headlight housing? i think the placement of our projectors right now is FRIGGIN AWESOME. It gives the car a more elevated, elegant look. Im really not digging the headlights on the new one..

Jon u think u can chop the lights and maybe put the projectors on top kinda like ours right now?

#45 · (Edited)
The problem with the Chopped mock-up is that the visible part is at an angle to the camera with the center further from the viewer than the right- mirroring it creates a seemingly concave front end.

The real front end will come to a convex point in the center when viewed from above, just like the current model.

This seemingly slight difference makes all the difference in the world as to how the front looks.

Someone asked earlier for a chop with the projector beam on top: I did this in 5 minutes with a touchpad laptop (not my PC with a mouse), so it's pretty crappy, but you get the point:

#47 ·
some analysis:

Xeon headlams and Xeon fog lamps.. LED high beams (cool).

Honeycomb mesh is gone or still only for the V.

A bit of a cowl hood (do you see the line by lutz?) it has a bit of retro styling like a 59 or 69 cadillac- both has this deisgn feature)

also slots for brake cooling ducts next to the foglamps (think veeee)

I like the design... but I reserve judgment on the rear from the shots I have been seeing.

Reed

This post has been deleted
#60 ·
i think that's a pic of the two door CTC but i could be wrong....Maybe the four door will look similar if not the same front end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.