Cadillac to Unveil 2008 CTS in Detroit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Cadillac to Unveil 2008 CTS in Detroit in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; JALOPNICK AUTO NEWS - - Start the countdown kids, Cadillac announced today it would take the wraps off the long-awaited ...
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Cadillac to Unveil 2008 CTS in Detroit

JALOPNICK AUTO NEWS - - Start the countdown kids, Cadillac announced today it would take the wraps off the long-awaited new CTS at the Detroit show in January. If you'll recall, GM's chairman of vice, Bob Lutz, showed "60 Minutes" reporter Steve Kroft a portion of the CTS's rearward quarter. That sharply defined taillight assembly sparked a landslide of speculation that the brand's Art and Science design language was set to become additionally radical, with more surfaces than a dungeon master's dice set. Following the Detroit coming-out, the CTS will hit dealerships in late-summer of 2007 in the US, with worldwide exports to follow in the fall, according to Uncle Caddy. No word on the CTS-V. ? Mike Spinelli

Related:
    Spy Video: 2008 Cadillac CTS-V; New Cadillac Partially Revealed in 60 Minutes Spot [internal]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: Cadillac to Unveil 2008 CTS in Detroit

This will be an AWESOME car, building on the positive virtues of the current car (rigid chassis, terrific ride/handling, sharp looks, etc.) and fixing all of what was less than spectacular, like the interior.

May over shadow the less well executed STS a bit, but once that car gets its refresh out on the lots, there should be too extremely strong RWD sedans from Cadillac.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

So when is the Detroit Auto Show?

skepticman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages

Link to the GM press release:

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...74&docid=30242

"Cadillac confirms that the all-new 2008 CTS will make its world premiere in January at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit."

"The debut of the redesigned 2008 CTS in the marketplace is scheduled for late-summer of 2007 in the U.S., with worldwide exports to follow in the fall."

NAIAS begins on January 7th, with public show starting on January 13th:

http://www.naias.com/

GMI discussion:

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40182

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

Can't wait for the Chicago Auto Show in Feb. For those of you around Chicago, it's a GREAT valentine's day activity! I did it last year, and I'm planning on it again this year.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

So we could actually be seeing the CTS in a couple months?

ILLMATIK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!

I'm excited to see what it'll look like, but i honestly believe it will take a lot make the car better, as far as apperance goes (dont know much about performance, handling). This is the only car i would have paid so much money for, no questions asked. If there was no CTS, i would have probably purchased another 6-10 year old lexus.

gary88 is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 E92 BMW 335i

I go to the Chicago Auto Show every year. This year I got to sit in an XLR-V and STS-V I've got pics somewhere. If they have the '08 CTS this upcoming year it will probably be behind rails or something.

ChicagoCTS32 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 1SC Diamond White CTS

Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    I go to the Chicago Auto Show every year. This year I got to sit in an XLR-V and STS-V I've got pics somewhere. If they have the '08 CTS this upcoming year it will probably be behind rails or something.
    I did the same thing... soooo sweet. The wood interior on the XLR-V is so nice. I'm sure you're right about the 08 CTS behind the velvet rope... They'll probably have it on one of those spinny pedestal thingers. One of the coolest ones last year was the new Volvo C70 hardtop convertible. It was on a timer to put the top up and down every 4 minutes. It looked like a ballerina because it was spinning and the top was moving.

BishopRuger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

Same here, I've been in a STS-V and XLR-V, both very nice cars. I'm actually surprised that the CTS-V (imo) lacks the interior refinement of those other models. No chrome, no wood grain, its pretty plain jane inside. And paying 54 grand I would expect more then just good performance. I'm pretty excited to see the next gen CTS though, its going to determine my next car. If its nice I'll go with another CTS but if not Audi or BMW is next.

Flyin-Ryan is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Will they have a two door? I hope they briing it to STL. Ive been to our car show for the last 15 years. Its a tradition.

TripleOught is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i'm definitely going to go to the auto show this year in detroit (10 minutes from my house) and check out the display. if all goes according to plan i'll try to get some decent shots to post up here. the on;y crappy thing about the situation is that the D auto show is always PACKED. shoulder to shoulder.

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Here We Go!

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by BishopRuger View Post
    Same here, I've been in a STS-V and XLR-V, both very nice cars. I'm actually surprised that the CTS-V (imo) lacks the interior refinement of those other models. No chrome, no wood grain, its pretty plain jane inside. And paying 54 grand I would expect more then just good performance. I'm pretty excited to see the next gen CTS though, its going to determine my next car. If its nice I'll go with another CTS but if not Audi or BMW is next.
    XLR-V isn't that much better either

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

^^^^I thought the XLR-V was seriously lacking for its price.

Alright Cadillac, enough of this bullshit! Just start shipping the new CTS to delearships now! One per! All this waiting makes me feel like im dating Cadillac.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.