Has anyone used this Driveshaft Flex disk / guibo with success?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ehindman
  • 1 Post By ehindman
  • 1 Post By ehindman
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Has anyone used this Driveshaft Flex disk / guibo with success? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Has anyone else found this guibo / flex disk on Ebay and actually installed it with success. Company says you ...
    ehindman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 4 3.6 DI

Question Has anyone used this Driveshaft Flex disk / guibo with success?

Has anyone else found this guibo / flex disk on Ebay and actually installed it with success. Company says you have to pay to ship back along with a 20% restocking fee. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-CTS...p2054897.l4275

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Re: Has anyone used this Driveshaft Flex disk / guibo with success?

I had to look up giubo to see what it was. Evidently it's named after Giunti Boschi, and it's misspelled a lot. I'm wondering why the link says 2010 is the last year it fits?

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Will this help prevent the driveshaft from flying apart?

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Sure, if your giubo fails your shaft is sure to follow.

The point is GM does not offer this expendable rubber part without buying a $5 -$700 driveshaft

GM doesn't sell the guibo (pronounced Jew-bo I believe) separately nor do the sell the carrier bearing. These are the two parts that typically deteriorate on the drive shaft. If you want OEM parts you can only buy the entire drive shaft from GM for around 700.00 to 900.00. It comes fully intact with new carrier bearing and guibo on each end. Totally ridiculous you have to spend that kind of money when you don't need a new driveshaft, just the two rubber guibo and or carrier bearing but that's the way it is and has been for years. When either of these parts wear out you get vibration particularly at higher speeds bso its a good idea to repair as soon as you can or it may affect other components.

The guibo from Ebay are manufactured in Germany just like the OEM's are. I hope someone has tried this part and can let us know how it worked out.

----------

I would also like to know if anyone has tried this carrier support bearing found on Ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CADILLAC-CTS...52afb0&vxp=mtr
    99flhr likes this.

This was the same problem on the G8..... One solution was to install an aftermarket one piece driveshaft....... GM, too big to fail, except for their parts.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

" Mr Customer, your tires are worn out but we only sell that replacement rubber as an assembly with a new wheel"

???

I won't be altering the driveshaft design so I'm either going to take a chance and buy the two quibo and the carrier support bearing on ebay and take a gamble or buy the OEM driveshaft. The shaft for my CTS 3.6 AWD is $707.49 at the dealer. I found it at GMPartsDirect.com for $429.00 and they'll probably add a 30 to 50 dollar shipping charge. Tough decision. $ is very tight right now so I was really hoping someone in the group had some experience with these aftermarket parts.

...and yes, shame on GM for basically stealing from their customers. They could very easily distribute these OEM parts. They're already manufacturing them for the new driveshafts anyway.
    99flhr likes this.

Update...I got the parts from the dealership using the part numbers supplied by another member. That's correct! The dealer does sell the guibo and the center support bearing however there is an issue. I had the dealer double check the application for both parts for my 2008 CTS4 AWD 3.6 DI. They confirmed these were applicable part numbers. I had a service company, not the dealership, remove my driveshaft to have the parts installed. The service company took the driveshaft to an axle shop who looked at it and refused to install the parts. The service company contacted me and I decided to pick up the drive shaft and take it to the dealer to have them install the parts. After all, if they sell the parts then they should be able to install them. I went directly into the shop (bypassed customer service) found the most experienced tech and began explaining my vibration issue telling him I have the drive shaft and parts with me. He asked to see them so we went outside where he inspected the shaft and parts. The Tech visually inspected and tested the driveshaft and moving components and told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with the driveshaft, center support bearing or the guibo. Said he would still replace the parts but it would be a waste of money. I then showed him the parts. He then showed me that the new center support bearing would not fit my car although the box label clearly stated it fit CTS 2003 - 2010 model years. The guibo was a perfect match. The tech them took me back in the shop and searched his computer for any TSB's and found one.

The Cadillac parts department reluctantly refunded my money for the center bearing.

I decided not to do anything with the driveshaft and took it back to the service center that diagnosed a bad center support bearing causing the vibration. I expressed my displeasure to the service manager, they reinstalled my driveshaft and I still have a vibration. I'm taking the car to Cadillac service and having the same tech go over the vehicle and perform the TSB if necessary. I'll update again when this is done.
    99flhr likes this.

What was the TSB? What did it say? Details please.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.