Rough Idle at Cold Start Up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Rough Idle at Cold Start Up in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Well at less than 11K it has started with the rough idle at cold start-up. And yes I did searches ...
    Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

Rough Idle at Cold Start Up

Well at less than 11K it has started with the rough idle at cold start-up. And yes I did searches on the subject... Just filled up with gas at a different station, so it could be bad gas.... However, after reading all the posts about this problem...The problems about the wheel bearings, the sunroof, the flickering NAV screen (yes, had it on my 09) I have decided to bite the bullet and sell the car.... I would rather take the hit now than later. Especially since the warranty by GM doesn't appear to be worth a damn. GM reminds me of Chrysler in the mid 70s. So, this weekend I go looking at new cars. In all likelihood an Infiniti, Lexus or possibly even a damn Honda....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Re: Rough Idle at Cold Start Up

Japanese. German?

They all have problems. Good luck. Buy something that allows you to actually mod it.

Twentybucks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven

I guy a work with has an Infiniti G35X, two blown front wheel bearing assemblies since he has had it.

Well, I check out the Infiniti 2WD..... Handling sucks.... Then I checked out the M37S, nice car, but research showed that it has its Gremlins too. So for right now, I will hang on to the CTS......

MD_Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium 11 MPG COMBINED...No Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader
    Well, I check out the Infiniti 2WD..... Handling sucks.... Then I checked out the M37S, nice car, but research showed that it has its Gremlins too. So for right now, I will hang on to the CTS......
    My family members M35X was a far superior car to my CTS.

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Coupe View Post
    My family members M35X was a far superior car to my CTS.
    MD, no doubt....I have had 2 Infinities both outstanding.... The M37S is really a nice car, but there have been problems with the 7 speed transmission, navigation system, and a couple of other things..... The G37, nice car, but w/o the "S" version offered in the sedan. The ride is not great nor is the handling......

Quote Originally Posted by Panzer Leader
    MD, no doubt....I have had 2 Infinities both outstanding.... The M37S is really a nice car, but there have been problems with the 7 speed transmission, navigation system, and a couple of other things..... The G37, nice car, but w/o the "S" version offered in the sedan. The ride is not great nor is the handling......
    Man, sucks about the tranny. Everytime I rode in the M and then went to my car I thought to myself what a shitty ride in comparison. Maybe they fixe the issue withe new Q?

Not sure, but the Q that replaced the G37 has gotten some bad raps about the handling as well..... I could buy a G37, then retrofit the "S" suspension on to it, but not really..... After driving the g37, then driving the CTS, the CTS handles better. Ssssoooo, back to square one. ...... Next weekend I plan on checking out Lexus. ....But in reality, I will end up with the CTS and moding it out a little. If I did not need a sedan, you can still get the G37 S Coupe. And I have no desire for a Benz, Audi, Jaguar, or BMW..... That leaves two alternatives, another G8 OR Chevy SS. ........ I cannot understand how GM could screw up on the CTS. Great design, nicely equipped, but either poorly built and/or poor quality of parts. I guess there is always Lincoln.... And I would not even consider Dodge or Chrysler....

I thought the Q replaced only the M? I can understand not wanting a run of the mill MB or BMW but why writing off the XK?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.