Joliet, IL - 7/25/14 - BMW 320i vs CTS Coupe Premium - Route 66 Speedway - 7:45-8pm - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Joliet, IL - 7/25/14 - BMW 320i vs CTS Coupe Premium - Route 66 Speedway - 7:45-8pm in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Originally Posted by 99flhr IIRC it was Tinman who said " It`s a six banger two ton car" And I ...
    MD_Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium 11 MPG COMBINED...No Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr
    IIRC it was Tinman who said " It`s a six banger two ton car"
    And I thought I was the only to say that about these modern day bloated boats.

OP your jeep will spank your CTS times badly! Leave the mods for the jeep or put the money you would otherwise spend on it on top of the car and trade it in on a V. Otherwise there is no easy inexpensive hp to be had on the vehicle that will make enough of a change to warrant the cost.
    99flhr likes this.

vfaninva is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Prev '09 V sedan, Current 2013 Thunder Gray V Coupe
    ixxneoxxi don't listen to the haters. Have your fun how you want it.
    boricuacaddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva
    ixxneoxxi don't listen to the haters. Have your fun how you want it.
    Please, do tell how it's hating. The car is a brick. It's not meant for speed. It's not built for corners. The brakes were not beefed up nor the drive line. It was built as an eye catcher quasi boulevardier. It runs mid 15s which put it in Civic territory which is embarrassing at best. Where's the hate? Oh wait, that's right, it's simply the truth. 15 second cars are not and have never been worth sinking performance dollars into. It's so much the case for the non V that there are barely any aftermarket manufacturers. So please, tell me how telling a fat chick not to wear a two piece in public is hating? The only people that take offense to that are the fat chicks so to speak. Instead of accepting the fact that they are unattractive showing excess skin and doing something about it to not offend everyone that looks at them folks like you encourage it and then it's called fat shaming. I bet you are all about everyone getting a trophy too...."don't worry Tommy, you came in last place but you tried so here's your trophy!"

^^^The guy was just having fun with his coupe, and sharing his experience. The hater reference was my response to the negative responses given. Ixxneoxxi asked for helpful advice, not useless criticism. No doubt ixxneoxxi is fully aware of the driving/handling characteristics of his car. If he wants to run his CTS down the track for fun and do some mods, that's cool.
    Oh, and you're analogy was stupid. I'd like to be nearby when you tell a woman she's too fat to wear a bikini.
    boricuacaddy likes this.

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

Re: Joliet, IL - 7/25/14 - BMW 320i vs CTS Coupe Premium - Route 66 Speedway - 7:45-8

To the OP, I agree with others, go out and have fun. However, many are correct about what the CTS coupe is and what it is not. I would add this comment though. Why the 320i? It has 60 less hp than the 328i. In other words, you could easily beat it, but as you pointed out, practicing some launches will help. The following link may be a more appropriate test and while the article is a couple years old, it does pertain to present day models.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I loved my coupe but the non-V has its limitations. I just enjoyed it for being the beauty that it is. Meanwhile, enjoy your car and keep practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by vfaninva
    Oh, and you're analogy was stupid. I'd like to be nearby when you tell a woman she's too fat to wear a bikini.
    Tell the truth...your wife a whale isn't she? You are a chubby chaser I bet. There's nothing wrong with being a fat ass just like there's nothing wrong with souping up what ever POS your wallet can afford regardless of how idiotic it is in reality...please feel the sarcasm if it didn't translate.

I don't think you read my previous posts giving him kudos for having fun but tell me...what mods could be done at what price that would be worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Coupe View Post
    Tell the truth...is your wife a whale isn't she? You are a chubby chaser I bet. There's nothing wrong with being a fat ass just like there's nothing wrong with souping what ever POS your wallet can afford regardless of how idiotic it is in reality.

I don't think you read my previous posts giving him kudos for having fun but tell me...what mods could be done at what price that would be worth it for all this fun I'm raining on.
    I've read your previous posts. So what.
    You want a trophy for your kind words?
    How about I get my whale of wife to put on her string bikini and present it to you?!

Re: Joliet, IL - 7/25/14 - BMW 320i vs CTS Coupe Premium - Route 66 Speedway - 7:45-8

I appreciate the offer but I prefer them toned . I went through my chubby phase in college and outgrew it quickly. You never did respond with what mods our wimpy slow ass 6 cylinder cars would benefit from with out breaking the bank?

Now, if any one wanted to add performance parts to say YOUR coupe...that sir makes sense!

exhaust_freak is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6l DI
    Uh I think we go back to his race stats. This forum is to discuss cars, not be rude to each other.

We all share one thing in common, CTS. Now lets stick to that common ground.
    boricuacaddy likes this.

Mrjb9475 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I love beating v8 cars then telling them I have a v6 or especially a camaro although same engine with my awd while there putting on a show spinning tires I'm already ahead by a car length guess that's hatin too but it puts a smile on my face. There is also many factors in drag racing not just how much HP or how fast you are driving skills pays a big part too so keep having fun

ixxneoxxi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you everyone for the support! Yes this was just strictly fun.My friend and I have known each other since freshmen year in high school and we are 26 now. We went from our tuner supra and eclipse to a Cadillac and a BMW. We both have never been to an actual track, so it was an experience and I asked for the advice because of course the trash talking started and no one wants to lose! But yeah it was all in good fun. I don't use my CTS to race, I use it to cruise and make head turns because it is a beautiful piece of eye candy! And I love it! I know my jeep will blow away my CTS but I need to experience it because if my blood was pumping with the CTS, I can only imagine what will happen when my SRT8 takes off.
    cFln8gc.jpg

99flhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Please don`t add a wing to that beautiful Riviera.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

To the OP, have fun on the track. Wally intended for anyone to be able to run anything and have fun doing it. Drag racing is one sport you can run anything you can make move, and there are alot of fun races in vehicles that were NEVER intended to be raced. Like the time we sent 2 RV's down the track. What a fun race that was. We had a few people fall asleep as it was a long race, but the point is get out on the track and have fun doing it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.