Jim Coleman Cadillac Piss Poor Service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Jim Coleman Cadillac Piss Poor Service in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Took my car in to the nearest Cadillac dealership I always go to for an oil change, cabin air filter ...
    MD_Coupe is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium 11 MPG COMBINED...No Fix

Jim Coleman Cadillac Piss Poor Service

Took my car in to the nearest Cadillac dealership I always go to for an oil change, cabin air filter change and to reset my tpms sensors. Now, keep in mind these tpms sensors had been on this car last summer and been programmed by this same dealership in the past. I had also asked them to address it months ago when I was there. That time the service writer said oh, it's not setting but having the light on won't hurt anything so why don't you leave it with us next time you come in and we will take care of it. Being fully aware you attract more bees with honey I thanked them for trying and said no problem.

Well I took it back yesterday after having made an appointment to have it addressed, along with the other maintenance, and a couple hours later the service adviser says I'm all ready to go. Eager to not see the light on I jump in and start the car...light is still on!!! The service adviser didn't even bother telling me they couldn't fix it.

So I pull back in and he comes out asking if there was an issue to which I responded yes. He called a tech who grabbed the car and 15 minutes later the service adviser takes me to the car where immediately the tech starts spewing about aftermarket wheels and their sensors not being able to be picked up by the modules. I immediately stopped him by stating they have been on the car and that that was not the issue. The tech became very defensive and any shred of professionalism went out the door. He started disparaging me for what he believed to be fact and I continually called him out on it informing him that I'm not not some know nothing off the street and that I just need him to reset the light. He continued with his belittling responses to the point I looked at the service adviser who simply shrugged!

I walked off at this point and asked to speak with the service director who although stated he was alarmed by his technicians behavior his body language stated he could care less.

All in all it's the same dealership that told me my car is running ok at 11mpg and don't even get me started on the poor state of the waiting area. Rude, incompetent and indifferent. I will now be taking my vehicle 25 miles away to be serviced.

Cadillac thinks it's world class. Wake up GM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Jim Coleman Cadillac Piss Poor Service

Ridiculous. Sorry to hear man. I've been saying this but GM needs to seriously get a grip on some of their dealers.

moose18729 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 DI

I'm supposed to pick up my car from Jim Coleman today for a timing chain problem. Luckily it is covered under the extended 120,000 mile 10 year warranty. I agree that the customer service and the waiting room area is sub par.

Maverick725 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 cts premium
    Seems to be the Cadillac MO. Historic luxury on a pinto pocketbook.

is250sp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe Premium RWD

Try bringing it to a tire shop to have the tpms reset. My aftermarket wheels and GM sensors I got off of ebay where installed and set at Discount Tires with no problems. They may even reset for free.

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Are they using a different sensor in 2011 models? On my 2009, I can reset sensors to the system with the increase/decrease in pressure method outlined in the manual.
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by is250sp View Post
    Try bringing it to a tire shop to have the tpms reset. My aftermarket wheels and GM sensors I got off of ebay where installed and set at Discount Tires with no problems. They may even reset for free.
    I wish we had Discount Tire or even Firestone up here in the North. I took these wheels to NTB to have tires mounted up here and they put the wrong tire on the wrong wheel, broke a tpms sensor bracket, and claim their machine was then broken and wouldn't be fixed for days. When I picked up the wheels in a couple hours the machine was working just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HurstGN View Post
    Are they using a different sensor in 2011 models? On my 2009, I can reset sensors to the system with the increase/decrease in pressure method outlined in the manual.
    I have the factory wheels I use in the winter and they have the stock sensors in them. If the above suggestion doesn't work I will have to do as that service director instructed me to do...swap back to the stock wheels to see if those sensors work.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Where do you keep the stock wheels.

If you take the stock wheels off and put on a new set of rims without having the car "learn" the new sensors, your car will still read the wheels that are sitting in the garage. Then when you get far enough away from your garage, it'll throw you an error message.

You should be able to have the car "learn" the new sensors by yourself.

DarienA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6

Disappointing. I've had my CTS at Jim Coleman 3-4 times and have never had a problem with the service. I've never waited in the waiting room so I can't comment on that. My warranty service has always been completed faster than I expect... if I have anything to complain about at that dealership there were two unusual incidents with getting a loaner car. The first time I got an XTS quickly drove straight to work in Bethesda, came back and picked the car up later. The next day I got a call saying one of the rims was damaged and did I know anything about. I said no I never parked on the street. Later on I got another call I guess from the group that verifies damage claims with some additional questions. Didn't hear anything after that but thought it was very strange... 2 visits later I ended up waiting an usually long time the guy behind the counter called the HQ a few times and was told the cars are on the way (Another gentleman was waiting along with me). This loaner I was paying for myself so I was only getting an ATS... as a way of apologizing they upgraded me to an XTS. (Personally I'm not REALLY a fan of that car... too big for me).

So no problems with the service so far, just weird loaner issues.... I'll be taking the car back soon, hopefully my good streak continues...

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Disappointing. I've had my CTS at Jim Coleman 3-4 times and have never had a problem with the service..... I'll be taking the car back soon, hopefully my good streak continues...
    I hate to burst your bubble but it's just a matter of time:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/jim-colemans...adillac+dealer

Too bad I'm not a member or I'd give them another 1 star.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    You should be able to have the car "learn" the new sensors by yourself.
    If that's the case then my dealership should definitely know how. I'm so put off by Cadillac at this point I'm keeping this thing another year and a half and it's gone. I'm going back to foreign makes...at least they know how to treat their customers.

moose18729 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 DI

Got the car back from Coleman last week and so far so good. Everything was paid for including the loaner. Shannon, one of the reps there, apologized for having the repair take so long. I didn't care because the XTS loaner was free. Hopefully this "decent" treatment continues.

jimmie jam is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS LUXE

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Disappointing. The first time I got an XTS quickly drove straight to work in Bethesda, came back and picked the car up later. The next day I got a call saying one of the rims was damaged and did I know anything about. I said no I never parked on the street. Later on I got another call I guess from the group that verifies damage claims with some additional questions. Didn't hear anything after that but thought it was very strange...
    I travel and rent vehicles all the time. You should have taken 2 min. to do a walk around WITH the person giving you the car before you left the dealer. That would have eliminated the "strange" wheel event.

The advisor called me from the waiting room to sign the paperwork so I "didn't have to wait any longer since there was a back up at the car wash. The helper is the one that gave me the car. Maybe he thought I would say forget it and drive off.

I looked at the receipt this morning and noticed it stated they rotated my tires...looked at the corners and there has been no rotation. F'ing liars! I'm going to call the service director here shortly and listen to him back handedly give a shit.

Cadillac Customer Service...you seem very eager to address issues yet you remain peep less when you see the actual negative visit. Wouldn't it be considered fraud if a dealership stated on a receipt that a certain maintenance was performed but in reality was not? I mean, literally they are billing you, Cadillac, for work they did not perform. Par for the course...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Coupe View Post
    Took my car in to the nearest Cadillac dealership I always go to for an oil change, cabin air filter change and to reset my tpms sensors. Now, keep in mind these tpms sensors had been on this car last summer and been programmed by this same dealership in the past. I had also asked them to address it months ago when I was there. That time the service writer said oh, it's not setting but having the light on won't hurt anything so why don't you leave it with us next time you come in and we will take care of it. Being fully aware you attract more bees with honey I thanked them for trying and said no problem.

Well I took it back yesterday after having made an appointment to have it addressed, along with the other maintenance, and a couple hours later the service adviser says I'm all ready to go. Eager to not see the light on I jump in and start the car...light is still on!!! The service adviser didn't even bother telling me they couldn't fix it.

So I pull back in and he comes out asking if there was an issue to which I responded yes. He called a tech who grabbed the car and 15 minutes later the service adviser takes me to the car where immediately the tech starts spewing about aftermarket wheels and their sensors not being able to be picked up by the modules. I immediately stopped him by stating they have been on the car and that that was not the issue. The tech became very defensive and any shred of professionalism went out the door. He started disparaging me for what he believed to be fact and I continually called him out on it informing him that I'm not not some know nothing off the street and that I just need him to reset the light. He continued with his belittling responses to the point I looked at the service adviser who simply shrugged!

I walked off at this point and asked to speak with the service director who although stated he was alarmed by his technicians behavior his body language stated he could care less.

All in all it's the same dealership that told me my car is running ok at 11mpg and don't even get me started on the poor state of the waiting area. Rude, incompetent and indifferent. I will now be taking my vehicle 25 miles away to be serviced.

Cadillac thinks it's world class. Wake up GM.
    Hello MD_Coupe,

I deeply apologize for this unsatisfactory dealership experience at Jim Coleman Cadillac. If you would like to PM me with your VIN and contact information, I can document this within our system and file a formal dealership complaint. Again, I am very sorry for this sub-par visit.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

My dealer always does a walk around on a loaner with a chart/sketch to sign off on that shows the different sides/quarter panels. Mention damage when you see it, both parties sign off before and after.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.