how many unscheduled trips to the dealer?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, how many unscheduled trips to the dealer? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Hi, I bought my wife a used 2012 cts sportwagon 3.6l with 6,900 miles on it. It was about a ...
    tyler boyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 cts sport wagon 3.6

how many unscheduled trips to the dealer?

Hi, I bought my wife a used 2012 cts sportwagon 3.6l with 6,900 miles on it. It was about a yr old when we got it. We've had it for a year and the seat heater has gone out 2x, and the brake light had to be replaced because it was separating from the body. Now, the other brake light is peeling away from the body. I only buy American vehicles, but between the recalls and other problems, i am NOT impressed with Cadillac (GM).

So, how many unscheduled trips to the dealer have you ahd to make? Any regrets buying your CTS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Re: how many unscheduled trips to the dealer?

Three trips in 19 months, all to work on the wheel alignment. One additional trip to Goodyear, to finally correct the alignment. Only the first alignment check was covered under warranty.

I ordered my Sportwagon from the factory 16,700 miles ago.

My only regret is not getting cloth seats. Since they aren't offered, I had an upholstery shop make the center sections cloth, and I reworked the headrests to suit people who do not have large bouffant hairdos that they don't want disturbed. I'm glad I did, because last December I had a tail lamp flattened by an SUV, and the headrest was right where it needed to be, instead of way back.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium

My 2012 Coupe was my first domestic car in nearly 20 years.

I bought the car in March 2012 brand new.

June 2012 4,000 miles (Unscheduled) - Seat belt warning light kept flashing even though belted. Horrible dealer experience on that one, but was fixed. Cause: Defective seat belt buckle.

September 2012 7,000 miles (Scheduled) - Oil, filter and tire rotation

March 2013 14,000 miles (Scheduled) - Oil, filter and tire rotation, but during the inspection the dealer discovered that the front engine cover was leaking oil. It was a major repair that was covered under warranty. No issues.

Early October 2013 22,000 miles (Unscheduled) - Squeaky sunshade. I was being picky on this and in hindsight I should have left it alone. I thought all it needed was lubrication, but instead they replaced the entire sunshade which involved dropping the headliner and removing the glass panel. When I got the car back the sunshade was all bunched up and the glass panel rattled. I was able to fix the rattle by tightening some bolts that the tech left loose. I was also able to smooth out the shade a little myself.

Shortly after the that (October 30, 2013) I traded in that car for a CPO 2012 CTS-V coupe with 9,800 miles.

I drove that car for a couple of months before it went in storage for the winter. It came out of storage in mid-March.

In April 2014 the Check Engine light went on when the car had about 12K miles. An O2 sensor went bad.

Nothing since. The car has 15K miles.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Unfortunately the taillight issue is common for wagons, so you are not alone.
    Fortunately, your issues as well as my 1 service visit for an HVAC readout did not interfere with forward motion.

00 ss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

I bought my sedan used in 2012. I've put over 50k miles on it since I got it. It's been in the shop exactly 0 times for anything but normal maintenance. I had them look into a squeaky seat and some wind noise once while it was there for routine stuff. This really has Ben an incredible car. I plan to take it in later this month for routine stuff and get a thorough check out before the CPO warranty expires in august.

dreiloft is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS, 2012 Coupe traded, 2010 CTS 4 Dr traded
    Since 2010 when I bought my first caddy and now two caddy later (2010 CTS, 2012 Coupe and now 2014 XTS) I have never been in except for scheduled maintenance.

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Bought mine new in April 2012 and had 1 visit for trunk opening by itself, steering wheel off center, and steering shudder while parking (not fixed). My second visit was for the tinny exhaust noise during a cold start (not fixed) So far I only have 12k miles on it.

dan87951 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Too many cars to list...

We bought my wife's CTS new in 2010 and it has had major problems. We dumped the shit box and went Japanese again so our experience is the same as yours. By 55k miles our car was on its 3rd radiator, failed head light lenses, leaky transmission hoses, failed wiring harness in gas tank, and wheel bearings. The dealer service was also quite laughable (parts were not installed correctly) and our experience with the local Cadillac rep was horrific! Either way become comes friends with your service advisor as you will get to know him real well. GM quality isn't anywhere as good as the Japanese IMO.

techtype is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Luxury Sedan

My 2011 has had one problem when the backup camera failed. Other than that, just scheduled maintenance.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

I now have 70,000 miles. I have had four unscheduled trips. Three were for massive transmission failure (all within a couple of thousand miles/1 month of each other at 52,000) and one was for my liftgate gas shocks dying.

snofun3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS4

My '08 was a hanger queen, spending MUCH more time in the dealer's garage than mine. So many problems it was almost uncountable. Thank goodness I got rid of that POS.

mwhitted is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS4 Sport Wagon

I have a 2012 Premium AWD wagon with 13,000 miles and no unscheduled visits. It's been a great car so far.

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
    Too many to list. Unfortunately.

MotownPimp is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS Coupe Performance Stick

One for minor oil consumption for my bought new 2011 stick coupe. Dealer has been amazing. I've bought nothing but Japanese cars for past 25 years but very happy with the CTS.

mkelch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, Metallic Black Ice

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    My 2012 Coupe was my first domestic car in nearly 20 years.

I bought the car in March 2012 brand new.

June 2012 4,000 miles (Unscheduled) - Seat belt warning light kept flashing even though belted. Horrible dealer experience on that one, but was fixed. Cause: Defective seat belt buckle.

September 2012 7,000 miles (Scheduled) - Oil, filter and tire rotation

March 2013 14,000 miles (Scheduled) - Oil, filter and tire rotation, but during the inspection the dealer discovered that the front engine cover was leaking oil. It was a major repair that was covered under warranty. No issues.

Early October 2013 22,000 miles (Unscheduled) - Squeaky sunshade. I was being picky on this and in hindsight I should have left it alone. I thought all it needed was lubrication, but instead they replaced the entire sunshade which involved dropping the headliner and removing the glass panel. When I got the car back the sunshade was all bunched up and the glass panel rattled. I was able to fix the rattle by tightening some bolts that the tech left loose. I was also able to smooth out the shade a little myself.

Shortly after the that (October 30, 2013) I traded in that car for a CPO 2012 CTS-V coupe with 9,800 miles.

I drove that car for a couple of months before it went in storage for the winter. It came out of storage in mid-March.

In April 2014 the Check Engine light went on when the car had about 12K miles. An O2 sensor went bad.

Nothing since. The car has 15K miles.

I did not think you could rotate the tires on the CTS Coupe because of the different tire sizes front and back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.