GM's latest RECALL includes CTS...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, GM's latest RECALL includes CTS... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; ...unintended ignition key rotation...key and/or keyless ignition? Dunno....
    928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

GM's latest RECALL includes CTS...

...unintended ignition key rotation...key and/or keyless ignition? Dunno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Re: GM's latest RECALL includes CTS...

The New York Times | BREAKING NEWS ALERT

NYTimes.com |
    BREAKING NEWS Monday, June 30, 2014 3:09 PM EDT
    G.M. Announces Worldwide Recall of 8.4 Million Vehicles
    In a vast expansion of its safety crisis, General Motors recalled more than 8.4 million vehicles worldwide on Monday, bringing its total figures for the year above 28 million cars — more than the 22 million recalled last year by all of the automakers combined.
    Among the recalled vehicles, G.M. said it was aware of seven crashes, eight injuries and three fatalities. About 8.2 million of the newly recalled cars have ignition defects that lead to inadvertent key rotation, and are models of the Cadillac CTS and SRX, and the Chevrolet Malibu, Monte Carlo and Impala, as well as the Oldsmobile Intrigue and Alero, and Pontiac Grand Am and Grand Prix. The model years range from 1997 to 2014.
    Almost all of G.M.’s recalls have come since the automaker in February began recalling 2.6 million older Chevrolet Cobalts and other small cars with a defective ignition switch that it has tied to at least 13 deaths and 54 crashes. Earlier Monday, Kenneth R. Feinberg, who was retained by G.M. to develop a victim compensation program, announced the provisions to deal with claims of injury and wrongful death.
    Trading in G.M. stock was suspended on the New York Stock Exchange while the announcement was made.

----------

I would think with a key, but then again it is GM. So who knows?

Wow.

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

OK, guess we will get notified by mail from GM....

MoFex is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 White Diamond CTS DI RWD FE2 all options
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman
    The New York Times | BREAKING NEWS ALERT NYTimes.com | BREAKING NEWS Monday, June 30, 2014 3:09 PM EDT G.M. Announces Worldwide Recall of 8.4 Million Vehicles In a vast expansion of its safety crisis, General Motors recalled more than 8.4 million vehicles worldwide on Monday, bringing its total figures for the year above 28 million cars — more than the 22 million recalled last year by all of the automakers combined. Among the recalled vehicles, G.M. said it was aware of seven crashes, eight injuries and three fatalities. About 8.2 million of the newly recalled cars have ignition defects that lead to inadvertent key rotation, and are models of the Cadillac CTS and SRX, and the Chevrolet Malibu, Monte Carlo and Impala, as well as the Oldsmobile Intrigue and Alero, and Pontiac Grand Am and Grand Prix. The model years range from 1997 to 2014. Almost all of G.M.’s recalls have come since the automaker in February began recalling 2.6 million older Chevrolet Cobalts and other small cars with a defective ignition switch that it has tied to at least 13 deaths and 54 crashes. Earlier Monday, Kenneth R. Feinberg, who was retained by G.M. to develop a victim compensation program, announced the provisions to deal with claims of injury and wrongful death. Trading in G.M. stock was suspended on the New York Stock Exchange while the announcement was made. ---------- I would think with a key, but then again it is GM. So who knows? Wow.

You've got to be kidding! Not again!

08BlueCTSDI is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So does this apply to all cts? Or just those that don't have the smart key?( forgive me if they all have the smart key)

Loveldos is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

08BlueCTSDI, I believe the recall only applies to those CTS's without a "fob" ignition (i.e. applies to those that use a traditional key in the ignition). My '08 and now my '13 have both used the "fob" and not a traditional key for the ignition.

It is mind blowing how many vehicles are affected. Wonder what next".....

MD_Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium 11 MPG COMBINED...No Fix

What Barra should have said if she had a shred of ethics or even dignity:

"Your Honor...I can no longer lie and mislead the public. We did it for the money. We knew it was wrong. We knew it may kill a few people along the way, but damn it...you just haven't lived until you've filled your very own indoor Olympic size swimming pool with $100 bills and did the breast stroke just because you can."

Now I understand why those ugly Lincolns are selling better than Caddys...who wants to buy from a known crook and murderer?

angelbones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe (formerly)

I had just taken my car into the dealer for maintenance last week and no mention was made of this recall. I assume that this should only apply to those vehicles that use keyed ignition, otherwise it makes no sense. What's to recall on those with key fobs?

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Coupe View Post

"Your Honor...I can no longer lie and mislead the public. We did it for the money. We knew it was wrong. We knew it may kill a few people along the way, but damn it...you just haven't lived until you've filled your very own indoor Olympic size swimming pool with $100 bills and did the breast stroke just because you can."

Now I understand why those ugly Lincolns are selling better than Caddys...who wants to buy from a known crook and murderer?
    Google "Pinto"

----------

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    I had just taken my car into the dealer for maintenance last week and no mention was made of this recall. I assume that this should only apply to those vehicles that use keyed ignition, otherwise it makes no sense. What's to recall on those with key fobs?
    I had entered my car VIN into GM's website yesterday and they don't have the recall uploaded on their own website yet (06-30-14 2 P.M.).

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Coupe View Post

Yikes!

Well, speaking of Mary Barra, it's my understanding that she became a GM employee at age 18, company tuition grants paid for her education, and she was VP for Global Manufacturing and Engineering for five years of the ongoing "ignition key" debacle.

So, rhetorically speaking, is she the longterm visionary and transformational new leader that GM needs, or is she merely a loyal defender of old GM culture and interim occupant of the "hot seat" until "messes" get cleaned up?
    RAB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 928S View Post
    Yikes!

Well, speaking of Mary Barra, it's my understanding that she became a GM employee at age 18, company tuition grants paid for her education, and she was VP for Global Manufacturing and Engineering for five years of the ongoing "ignition key" debacle.

So, rhetorically speaking, is she the longterm visionary and transformational new leader that GM needs, or is she merely a loyal defender of old GM culture and interim occupant of the "hot seat" until "messes" get cleaned up?
    Very good question. The more I learn about GM the less respect I have for them.....sad..........
    928S, tinman and RAB like this.

Don't take this wrong, MoFex, but I had to "like" your post because you hit the nail on the head. But it's a sad state of affairs in GM-land.
    928S and RAB like this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
    Hi angelbones,

I apologize for the inconvenience. We have redoubled our efforts to get to the bottom of any safety-related issues on all of our vehicles. The recall you are referencing was announced yesterday so the dealership wouldn’t have had information about it when you took your vehicle in for service last week. A letter with detailed information will be sent out to those affected. In the meantime, your vehicle is safe to drive but it is important that you use the ignition key and nothing else, including the key fob. If you have any questions please feel free to private message me.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

[QUOTE=Cadillac Cust Svc;12759721]...it is important that you use the ignition key and nothing else, including the key fob...."

SAY WHAT? If you have a FOB, there is no ignition key to use! What are you talking about?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.