GM's latest RECALL includes CTS... - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, GM's latest RECALL includes CTS... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; I just got a notice of another GM recall GM's number for this recall is 14172. Which apparently applies to ...
    C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: GM's latest RECALL includes CTS...

I just got a notice of another GM recall GM's number for this recall is 14172. Which apparently applies to keyed and keyless fobs. I have keyless ignition but they want to replace the hidden key for some reason.

techtype is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Luxury Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    I just got a notice of another GM recall GM's number for this recall is 14172. Which apparently applies to keyed and keyless fobs. I have keyless ignition but they want to replace the hidden key for some reason.
    Starting date:July 2, 2014
    Type of communication:Recall
    Subcategory:Car, SUV
    Notification type:Safety MfrSystem:Electrical
    Units affected:30927
    Source of recall:Transport Canada
    Identification number:2014273TC ID number:2014273
    Manufacturer recall number:14172

Advisory details Affected products
    Advisory details
    On certain vehicles, there is a risk that some drivers may bump the ignition key with their knee and unintentionally move the key from out of the "run" position. If this were to occur, engine power, power braking and power steering would be affected, which would unexpectedly increase steering and brake pedal effort, potentially increasing stopping distances and the risk of a crash causing injury and/or damage to property. The timing of the key movement out of the "run" position, relative to the activation of the sensing algorithm of the crash event, may also result in the airbags not deploying in a subsequent collision, increasing the risk of injury. Correction: Dealers are to remove the key blade from the original flip key/transmitter assemblies provided with the vehicle, and provide two new keys and two key rings for every original key. Important note: Until the correction is performed, drivers should adjust their seat and steering column to allow clearance between their knee and the ignition key.
    Affected products
    Makes and models affected
    Make Model Model year(s) affected
    CADILLAC CTS 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
    CADILLAC SRX 2004, 2005, 2006

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

From NHTSA website,
    GM Recall No. 14172 (2003-14 CTS, 2004-06 SRX).
    U
    pdate, background, chronology, dated July 16, 2014,
    with attachment listing mfg dates of affected vehicles:

Ironrogue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 Luxury
    Sooo…the fix is new key rings?…

CTS-QC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6L V6 RWD Performance

Another link:
    Exclusive: GM says it has no fix yet for some recalled Cadillacs with switch issues:

http://ca.reuters.com/article/busine...BrandChannel=0

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan black/black

I'm not losing any sleep over it, but I don't get it. it talks about a key with a slot,
    a key with a hole, a different kind of fob, I wish I could see a picture what they're
    talking about. And the employee with the big knee, the guy was 6'-3" and he had the
    seat cranked all the way forward, and his knee hit the key, duh? thanks, douglas

Well, after reading NHTSA recall documents and latest news accounts, I gotta agree with Douglas Rome. Probably not worth any CTS owner losing sleep. It looks like GM overreacted, and now doesn't know how to recover.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

And now the dealers can't sell what they have on the lot, both new 2014's as well as their used inventory. What a mess.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Quote Originally Posted by tinman View Post
    And now the dealers can't sell what they have on the lot, both new 2014's as well as their used inventory. What a mess.
    Every man's mess is another man's opportunity. Might be a great time to buy or lease a new Caddy – just make sure it has keyless entry & ignition.
    tinman likes this.

smooth_ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS AWD

wow, I had that problem shortly after purchase where I could not turn the key to off; consequently, the engine continued running until Cadillac help came. Now, I see I can have it in drive and turn the engine off.

Any hints on when we're going to get the letter?

next2pool is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Performance

Not the 3rd gen 2014's

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

GM's reputation is trash. Honestly, I would not buy a GM vehicle today. They need to earn some respect.

GM's reputation is trash. Honestly, I would not buy a GM vehicle today. They need to earn some respect.
    How did it happen?

Well, as they say, a fish rots from the head down. GM CEO Richard Wagner was an undeniable failure, and ever since the chief executive suite has been a revolving door of interim occupants:

Frederick A. "Fritz" Henderson, March 30, 2009 - December 1, 2009 (old-GM inbred)
    Edward "Ed" Whitacre, Jr., December 1, 2009 – September 1, 2010 (no prev auto exp)
    Daniel F. "Dan" Akerson, September 1, 2010 – January 15, 2014 (no prev auto exp)
    Mary T. Barra, January 15, 2014 – Present (old-GM inbred)

And, unbelievably, for the past two years of lost brand resurrection, Cadillac Div's top executive was non-car-guy, missing-in-action, career lobbyist Robert E. Ferguson.

Now...it's about time!...Cadillac is betting on the new tenure of a proven brand builder in the person of Johan de Nysschen, formerly of Infiniti, beginning on September 1, 2014.

Let's all hope . . .

C&C
    C&C is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Believe what you will but GM's products are some of the best (out there). If it's the politics (within GM), well you've certainly got a point, and currently GM is even more transparent (being under the microscope) and over doing the recall business IMO.

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

GM management is still so inbreed that the company is doomed to self destruction – or at least to driving me away. I had my 2011 CTS in the shop yesterday for service and spent the time chatting with a salesman and looking at the offerings on the floor. Man, has GM uglified the 2014 CTS! All the edginess of the design is gone and it now looks like what they seem to think will appeal to their target audience, namely old men in hats! There were only two cars on the floor that I found attractive, namely the 2015 CTS-V Coupe (all will be coups, according to the salesman) for $80K, or $5K over sticker (he said it's now "limited production," like the Corvette, and thus the premium). The other, surprisingly, was the ELR – especially the interior – but it too was around $80K and a bit too untested for serous consideration. Not sure what I'll do when my lease is up in a year.
    928S likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.