GM's latest RECALL includes CTS... - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, GM's latest RECALL includes CTS... in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Is this recall even really for our Cadillacs? I just took mine in for service today at the Caddy dealer ...
    azianbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L Luxury RWD

Re: GM's latest RECALL includes CTS...

Is this recall even really for our Cadillacs? I just took mine in for service today at the Caddy dealer and my service adviser said there is no recall for my car ...

The_Judge is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Automobile(s): '11 CTS 3.6 Premium, Black on Black, 19" Summer Tire Package

Doesn't apply if your car has the keyless access system.

azianbob is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L Luxury RWD

Yeah mine is the last model that has a key you need to insert and turn in the ignition. Pretty ironic that the car has remote engine start but keyless ignition is not standard. They changed that up for the 2014 models but that does little for my situation.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Come on guys, the very next day Chrysler announced a recall for the very same thing. Also Nissan issued a recall for a similar issue. don't forget the Toyota debacle of several years ago. I'm not defending any manufacturer but keep in mind the are all profit (greed) motivated and no one ever wants to responsibility for mistakes being made. My point being, they are all screwing up not just GM.

MD_Coupe is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium 11 MPG COMBINED...No Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess
    Come on guys, the very next day Chrysler announced a recall for the very same thing. Also Nissan issued a recall for a similar issue. don't forget the Toyota debacle of several years ago. I'm not defending any manufacturer but keep in mind the are all profit (greed) motivated and no one ever wants to responsibility for mistakes being made. My point being, they are all screwing up not just GM.
    Goon motors is the only one of the manufacturers that took it as far as knowing fatalities to occur and to continue allowing it to happen. Big difference bud.

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by azianbob View Post
    Is this recall even really for our Cadillacs? I just took mine in for service today at the Caddy dealer and my service adviser said there is no recall for my car ...

Hello azianbob,

I understand your concerns. I would be happy to double check our system to make sure your vehicle is not associated with the recall like your dealership indicated. Just send me a private message including your VIN. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Or you can check here:

http://https://recalls.gm.com/#/?vin=1G6DK8EV9A0116073

go to bottom of page

928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, new engine Nov '13 @ 44Kmi.

GM's latest RECALL gobbledygook:

"DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Co last month recalled millions of vehicles with three different designs of ignition switches that could accidentally turn off the engine and disable air bags in a crash. But the automaker has concluded that more than 2 million other vehicles having exactly the same switches are safe.

The vehicles which have not been recalled include fullsize crossovers such as the Buick Enclave and Chevrolet Traverse made from 2007 to the present, which share a switch with recalled late-model Chevrolet Camaros and Cadillac CTSs. Two other switch designs are in other sets of vehicles.

GM spokesman Alan Adler said that factors including the kinds of suspension used in different vehicles could explain why a switch that accidentally turned off in one type would not turn off in another, but he said there was no single reason."
    Thu, July 17, 2014, full story HERE

This does not add up.

rhigg1959 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

What they are saying is keep the keyless entry remote seperate from they key.

JCBCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Base Manual Tran

If I kept them separate, I may as well throw my Key Fob into the river. I will lose it in the 1st week! My luxury car can't have anything but a key in the ignition? No ring with house keys, work keys etc? That is a joke! If that is the case they should install key-less ignition into all of or our cars as remediation!

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan black/black

you gotta use common sense, e.g., Linda had not only a bunch of other
    keys, but her wallet not a good idea regardless. Now she only has the key
    and the fob. My daily driver I have the truck key/fob and my house key.
    common sense. thanks, douglas

Douglas, while I agree with you and your statement about common sense, let's explore that one step further. You are absolutely correct, if GM recommends we keep all keys off the ignition or have a huge risk of automobile safety, then by all mean follow their advice.

But who in the hell would EVER think that a major manufacturer would build AND SELL a product that is such an epic failure? What morons would foist off onto the unsuspecting public such a folly? Common sense didn't enter the picture from GM. Why should we be so inconvenienced? I have now, more than once, left my remote inside my car and upon return have to use my key (OMG!) to get inside. But I am not paying for this, I paid to have a remote. GM is a hoser.

Douglas Rome is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-4 3.0 Base sedan black/black

tinman, I'm not defending GM, I'm just reiterating the obvious. the key and the fob and
    nothing else I think you're okay. lock the key inside, call onstar. thanks, douglas

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.