2010 CTS Liftgate Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, 2010 CTS Liftgate Problem in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; My 2010 CTS hatch started opening when parked about 3 months ago. Discovered it in garage first time. Eventually realized ...
    mthibideau is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

2010 CTS Liftgate Problem

My 2010 CTS hatch started opening when parked about 3 months ago. Discovered it in garage first time. Eventually realized it was happening randomly. The button to open from rear was not functioning for a while but started again. Its not the fob. Happened yesterday when I put the car in park. "Bing" there goes the hatch! It refused to close at first so I closed it manually. Will try to resolve by turning off the door switch and see if that works. The random hatch opening event is 3-5 times per week and does not happen when car is locked. Has only happened 3 times when car is running and never when in gear.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Good afternoon - Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect proper birthday, approximate location, car owned, and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

You will get more answers in the proper CTS forum. A Moderator will move this thread for you - Please do not multiple post the same question in different forums.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2010 CTS Liftgate Problem

Quote Originally Posted by mthibideau View Post
    My 2010 CTS hatch started opening when parked about 3 months ago. Discovered it in garage first time. Eventually realized it was happening randomly. The button to open from rear was not functioning for a while but started again. Its not the fob. Happened yesterday when I put the car in park. "Bing" there goes the hatch! It refused to close at first so I closed it manually. Will try to resolve by turning off the door switch and see if that works. The random hatch opening event is 3-5 times per week and does not happen when car is locked. Has only happened 3 times when car is running and never when in gear.
    Hi mthibideau,

I am sorry that the hatch on your CTS is opening on its own and I can understand how that would be frustrating. Have you contacted a dealership regarding this issue? If you would like to PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I would be happy to document this in our system and further discuss this concern with you. If you prefer, you can also email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN: Austin” in the subject line.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Stoneybroke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Sportwagon

I had the same intermittent problem. finally, the hatch refused to open and my dealer replaced the liftgate pad/switch=problem solved.

*CTS* is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneybroke View Post
    I had the same intermittent problem. finally, the hatch refused to open and my dealer replaced the liftgate pad/switch=problem solved.
    Do you have part #? Mine quit working also.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mthibideau View Post

__________________________________________________ _______________

Good afternoon - Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect proper birthday, approximate location, car owned, and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

You will get more answers in the proper CTS forum. A Moderator will move this thread for you - Please do not multiple post the same question in different forums.
    My wagon is having same issue. Did you fix this?

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

rockauto.com; gmpartsdirect.com; Or your best bet is Chris at Rippy Cadillac, a frequent contributor on our Forum. Rippy is also a sponsor of our forum. Good folks.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by *CTS* View Post
    Do you have part #? Mine quit working also.

----------

My wagon is having same issue. Did you fix this?
    Hello *CTS*,

I apologize your lift gate is behaving this way. If there is anything we can do to be of assistance please send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership and we would be happy to look into this further for you.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. (Assisting)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Stoneybroke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS AWD Sportwagon

My invoice (NC) says: N2388 rear compartment lid release switch replacement 3057 w 1 20877759 f-switch
    Hope this helps

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.