Anyone know of a good bug remover product to wash the car with? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Anyone know of a good bug remover product to wash the car with? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Spray the bugs with hydrogen peroxide & the bugs will foam up & you can wipe them off without removing ...
    Wayne's World is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Coupe

Re: Anyone know of a good bug remover product to wash the car with?

Spray the bugs with hydrogen peroxide & the bugs will foam up & you can wipe them off without removing the wax. The h.p.
    must be in-date & stored in a dark bottle. Just spray it on, wait a minute & wipe them off with a wet sponge or chamois. It
    only takes a couple minutes & it's best to do it often so the bugs don't get baked on.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    Wet the area, sprinkle Baking Soda over the area, let sit a few minutes and then wipe away using liberal amount od water.
    FYI, baking soda is a form of a mild abrasive. Very mild, but it is an abrasive. I might be splitting hairs here, but I (personally) wouldn't use it on my car.

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by J Bubba
    First, make sure you have a good layer of wax on your car at all times. With no wax it just makes it harder. So that's step one. If you use a good product the bugs will just come off fairly easy to start off with. I prefer products like Liquid Gold instead of wax. If applied properly it works and protects better and last longer than wax. Then I pre-soak the bugs, good layer of water, then apply sudsy water without scrubbing and let it sit, if it's warm and starts to dry keep it moist for 10 minutes. They should come off fairly easily at this point. I'm not a big fan of scrubbing or using harsh cleaners, just makes you damage paint or need a rewax. Patience and soapy water works better.
    ^^^^^ What he said! I have a good coat of wax on at all times (Meguiar's NXT Gen and Quick Wax in between). Wet, soak with soap, let sit, wipe with a car wash mitt (lambs wool), rinse and repeat one more time if needed. No other chemicals needed.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ok, here's one that I read about and it works perfectly every time. Save your used dryer sheets. When you have bugs to remove, wet the area and just wipe the area with a used dryer sheet. Works every time and is effortless. as an added bonus, the dryer sheets leave a waxy residue that you can just wipe or buff off for added protection for your next bug adventure.
    I know it sounds too good to be true but if it works on our Florida love bugs it will work on anything.

clownin72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by C "T" ess View Post
    Ok, here's one that I read about and it works perfectly every time. Save your used dryer sheets. When you have bugs to remove, wet the area and just wipe the area with a used dryer sheet. Works every time and is effortless. as an added bonus, the dryer sheets leave a waxy residue that you can just wipe or buff off for added protection for your next bug adventure.
    I know it sounds too good to be true but if it works on our Florida love bugs it will work on anything.
    Awesome I'll give it a try, sounds like my style effortless lol

CalDrvr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Cadillac DTS

Believe it or not, wet the buggy area, then with a wet USED clothes drier sheet, wipe those bugs off!!! Be sure to keep the drier sheet and paint wet, and DO NOT use a new sheet. I've done this myself, so I know it works...

Chris

Panzer Leader is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS 3.6 V6 RWD Performance Sedan

All of the aforementioned are very good..... However, if after you clean them off, and you can see that the bugs got into the Clear coat, do the following... Get a can of spray PAM..... Spray the area and put the car into the sun.... Wait overnight and wash off....

turbine50 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Wet newspaper. After the bugs re-hydrate, wipe them off. Wax again.

Ebt217 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cts di awd

Original bike spirits spray cleaner and polish. Wipes dried bug goo off like its nothing. Also polishes chrome like no other product ive used

Hot2Trot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Use Poor Boy's World Bug Squash. A great, great product.
    Soften the bugs with a stream of water. Then use a stock solution of 1 part Bug Squash to 3 parts water, or use Bug Squash undiluted. Let dwell just a few minutes, before rinsing, or agitating with a quality microfiber cloth. Works best over well waxed, or sealed, car. I use Migliore Cima Sealant on my ride,...rather than wax (strip all wax,etc from car before applying any sealant). PB Bird Sh*t Remover is good too. Dammm bugs!

SwampFox is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I got some "BugSlide" at my HD dealer and now i am a believer. Try the starter kit for 14 bucks and go from there.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key..._7ehwz0aozm_pp

sydssrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Living in Central Florida--2 times a year we are inundated with love bugs...the only real thing they are good for are smashing onto our cars. I have found that if you wet your car and then wet a dryer sheet, you can wash the bugs right off (of course rinse after washing)

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Welcome to the forum, sydssrx. Even if you crossed over to the "dark side" of the CTS variety.

C "T" ess is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's going to sound stupid but it works better than anything else I've tried, is a used drier sheet. It works great on our Florida love bugs. Just make sure you wet the area and then hose everything off. the drier sheet will leave a waxy residue which you can either buff off and it will remain as a protectant or just use your regular wax over it.

lou4448 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts

FABRIC SOFTENER DRYER SHEETS. I live in florida. works good on love bugs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.