Lagging Acceleration Issue, redux
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HurstGN
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, Lagging Acceleration Issue, redux in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; A Cadillac trait? Certainly familiar to many 2nd Gen CTS owners. So maybe it's about time that NHTSA got involved: ...
    928S is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6L DI RWD, GMPP new engine 11/2013

Lagging Acceleration Issue, redux

A Cadillac trait? Certainly familiar to many 2nd Gen CTS owners.
    So maybe it's about time that NHTSA got involved:

GM recalls 2013 Cadillac SRX on lagging acceleration issue

(Reuters) - General Motors Co is recalling about 56,400 model year 2013 Cadillac SRX crossover vehicles because of possible delays in acceleration linked to a computer program that controls the transmission, U.S. regulators said on Thursday.

"In certain driving situations, there may be a three to four second lag in acceleration due to the transmission control module programming," said a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

The NHTSA said the condition can increase the chances of a crash, but GM said it was not aware of any crashes related to this issue...

The affected vehicles have 3.6-liter engines. Consumers are asked to bring their cars to GM dealerships to have the transmission control modules reprogrammed...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A400ES20140501

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

loosend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DI RWD w/ Prem & Perf Pkgs Blk/Blk FE2

Re: Lagging Acceleration Issue, redux

Thanks for the info. WOW, 3 to 4 seconds is a huge lag. Mine has been about a second or two, which is still alot when you are trying to change lanes in moving traffic. Anyone have the amount of lag to which 928S's post refers in their CTS?

HurstGN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony

Mine has a little lag, but nowhere near 3-4 seconds. That much lag is definitely a safety concern. Look at how much can happen in 3-4 seconds. Some cars can accelerate to 320+ mph in less than 4 seconds...just not ours :-)
    loosend likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

Wow is right.

I usually keep my car in manumatic and then I can quickly downshift manually when I see and anticipate the need.

Tbbt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS4 Prem Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere

Totally agree with Tinman!

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vagon 6MT; 2010 CTS Shooting Brake 3.6 DI

My understanding is when you are at speed, slow down to 5 mph and you are in 2nd gear then you go to accelerate is when this 3-4 second lag occurs. So under those conditions your engine is lugging and near stall out.

wcthunder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond

Actually, i like the 1 second lag time. I have a quick foot, and when in town/city it prevents me from jumping into someones tail or sprinting to the next light. It gives me reaction time. On the highway, in automatic, if (when, he he) i paddle the pedal she really responds on que! NO hesitation, except when i floor it, but lets face it I only have a 318 HP tank!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.