boost for 3.0 L?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
2008-2013 Cadillac CTS General Discussion Discussion, boost for 3.0 L? in Cadillac CTS Second Generation Forum - 2008-2013; Is there any kits out there for the 3.0 liters? If I would have have done more research on the ...
    12luxcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Luxury RWD

boost for 3.0 L?

Is there any kits out there for the 3.0 liters? If I would have have done more research on the cts before I
    bought my 12 cts luxury rwd, I would have looked for the 3.6 direct injection... I would love to build a little
    sleeper..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    No. .

hauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Sportwagon 18.2city 28hwy 25hwy AC on

Re: boost for 3.0 L?

IMO, for what boost conversion would end up costing, you might as well swap in a 3.6 or an LS. Either way, your drivetrain warranty is toast.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Quote Originally Posted by hauler View Post
    IMO, for what boost conversion would end up costing, you might as well swap in a 3.6 or an LS. Either way, your drivetrain warranty is toast.
    Just get a V and be done with it. From what I have read it isn't worth the time, money and effort.

12luxcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS Luxury RWD

Yeah for the price of the V, I would go buy a Shelby Gt500 and add that to the stable..

gohawks63 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by 12luxcts
    Yeah for the price of the V, I would go buy a Shelby Gt500 and add that to the stable..
    The V is quicker than the GT500. 😜

----------

Actually I take that back. The newest GT500 is about 3-4 tenths quicker 3.6 seconds compared to 3.9 or 4.0 (depending on who you read) for the V.

In 2011 the GT 500 was a "little" slower. I say "little" because it's relative if you want to call 4.0 seconds for the GT500 coupe and 4.6 for the GT500 convertible "slow".
    EVH5150 likes this.

99flhr is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

All the aftermarket F.I. literature that I have read points out the need for an A/F gauge and that the driver monitor it carefully during full throttle to detect lean conditions, detonation etc.
    I`ve had one factory turbo and one factory blower, they ran seamlessly and without fear of meltdown.

Nothing wrong with extensive (radical?) mods but they usually elicit a compromise not found in a stock factory engineered set-up. Want more speed ? Buy a different car, or the same car with a more powerful FACTORY engine. JMO
    signed,
    W.Wart
    gohawks63 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 99flhr
    All the aftermarket F.I. literature that I have read points out the need for an A/F gauge and that the driver monitor it carefully during full throttle to detect lean conditions, detonation etc. I`ve had one factory turbo and one factory blower, they ran seamlessly and without fear of meltdown. Nothing wrong with extensive (radical?) mods but they usually elicit a compromise not found in a stock factory engineered set-up. Want more speed ? Buy a different car, or the same car with a more powerful FACTORY engine. JMO signed, W.Wart
    I looked into it when I had my V6 Mustang convertible. I had tuned it and gotten a CAI which improved performance considerably, but i had reached the ceiling on improving performance measurably with out doing major surgery, so I looked into adding turbos. Just the turbos themselves were going to cost me $5K-$6K, then you needed to tune and if I recall correctly there were concerns that the stock internals may not have been stout enough to handle the power. The exhaust had to be replaced with a freer flowing version.

When it was all said and done, it wasn't like I had some unique car. It just wasn't worth it. For that kind of money I could have traded the car in and gotten a used Mustang GT that had would have still surpassed the V6 w/turbo and it had so much more potential with just a tune.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

Don't forget the V looks a million times better as well!

I wouldn't care if the V was five seconds slower than the Mustang its still the better car by a country mile.
    Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    The V is quicker than the GT500. ��

----------

Actually I take that back. The newest GT500 is about 3-4 tenths quicker 3.6 seconds compared to 3.9 or 4.0 (depending on who you read) for the V.

In 2011 the GT 500 was a "little" slower. I say "little" because it's relative if you want to call 4.0 seconds for the GT500 coupe and 4.6 for the GT500 convertible "slow".

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    Don't forget the V looks a million times better as well!

I wouldn't care if the V was five seconds slower than the Mustang its still the better car by a country mile.
    I have owned a Mustang in the past so I'm a fan of the car and would like to buy another in the future. Probably a convertible.

Having said that, I agree that the V is in a different class than the Mustang.
    EVH5150 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gohawks63 View Post
    I have owned a Mustang in the past so I'm a fan of the car and would like to buy another in the future. Probably a convertible.

Having said that, I agree that the V is in a different class than the Mustang.
    Having an `07 GT prior to this CTS, I agree with the above post. Sturdy/ durable car, plenty of V-8 torque, solid rear axle can withstand abuse, low price, fun to drive, good MPG, great V-8 sound with Borla mufflers. JMO
    EVH5150 likes this.

EVH5150 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe Premium: RWD, FE3 Suspension, 6-speed manual

All fair points.

My only beef with the Stang is they are everywhere and not very exclusive but I'll admit they seem to be a good performance bargain.
    99flhr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EVH5150 View Post
    All fair points.

My only beef with the Stang is they are everywhere and not very exclusive
    I`ll concede your point however, I prefer to drive what I like irrespective of others perceptions/opinions

If a car is "fun to drive" , that`s good enough for me.
    EVH5150 likes this.

tinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Shooting Brake W/Performance package, 3.6 DI

Hell, I had a MGB. Talk about lack of power, but the Fun To Drive quotient was off the charts.
    99flhr likes this.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

As long as we can tune it, we can boost it. Have dozens of 3.6L single and twin turbos, centri SC and top mount SC out there.
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.